Author Topic: Noble cause  (Read 8510 times)

Offline petey

Re: Noble cause
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 11:04:AM »
I happen to believe the Christopher Alders case is appalling. I probably know more about the horrendous effect this has had on his family. They are all victims imo.
It's up to you whether you agree with me or not petey and as you are qualified in law no doubt you could counter my argument.  I still stand by what I wrote which is that corruption in any form should be totally unacceptable in our legal system.

I've not said that corruption is acceptable in any guise. I know nothing about the Christopher Alders case so can't comment on that.

I am saying that you cannot possibly link allowing a guilty person to go free, with this meaning society does not close its eyes to lying and corruption. The legal system does not fit neatly into boxes like that and there will also always be grey areas.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:29:PM by petey »

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 11:40:AM »
There are NO grey areas when somebody gets fitted up
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 12:00:PM »
I've not said that corruption is acceptable in any guise. I know nothing about the Christopher Alders case so can't comment on that.

I am saying that you cannot possibly link allowing a guilty person to go free, with this meaning society does not close its eyes to lying and corruption. The legal system does not fit nearly into boxes like that and there will also always be grey areas.
I am aware there are always grey areas petey, in every part of life and even on this forum but for all that an acceptance of corruption however 'noble' is unacceptable in my opinion because it is the thin end of the wedge.  If the law allows noble cause corruption I still don't agree with it.

I accept that there are two different subjects lumped together in my post and it is a bit unclear, it would have been better as two different posts but it's hardly a hanging offence, do think you are splitting hairs.

May be worth reading up about the Christopher Alder case, it is something to behold.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 12:49:PM »
I am aware there are always grey areas petey, in every part of life and even on this forum but for all that an acceptance of corruption however 'noble' is unacceptable in my opinion because it is the thin end of the wedge.  If the law allows noble cause corruption I still don't agree with it.

I accept that there are two different subjects lumped together in my post and it is a bit unclear, it would have been better as two different posts but it's hardly a hanging offence, do think you are splitting hairs.

May be worth reading up about the Christopher Alder case, it is something to behold.

If Jeremy had walked free having killed 5 people - would that be justice?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 01:02:PM »
If Jeremy had walked free having killed 5 people - would that be justice?

He didn't kill 5 people
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Caroline

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:PM »
He didn't kill 5 people

That isn't an answer to the question. IF he did kill 5 people, would it be justice if he's walked free?

Offline notsure

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 01:15:PM »
That isn't an answer to the question. IF he did kill 5 people, would it be justice if he's walked free?

Well if there was no evidence against him he should have walked, that's what innocent until proven guilty means doesn't it.

You can't go licking people up because you think they are guilty Caroline, enough people are being locked up that are innocent, we don't need any more.

Offline Jane

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 01:22:PM »
Well if there was no evidence against him he should have walked, that's what innocent until proven guilty means doesn't it.

You can't go licking people up because you think they are guilty Caroline, enough people are being locked up that are innocent, we don't need any more.

Then, IF, as you suggest, there was no evidence against Jeremy, how come 10 out of 12 jurors believed he was guilty? I'm inclined to believe they heard enough evidence to convince them he was guilty.

Offline notsure

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 01:24:PM »
Then, IF, as you suggest, there was no evidence against Jeremy, how come 10 out of 12 jurors believed he was guilty? I'm inclined to believe they heard enough evidence to convince them he was guilty.

Circumstantial evidence Jane.  And who tells the best story on the day. How else do you believe mojs happen

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 01:34:PM »

You are obviously aware there is a legal process

Innocent people are sent to prison and guilty people walk free
 We need a better legal system to hear appeals quicker

Absolutely no room for noble cause corruption

Offline Adam

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 01:44:PM »

There are over 50 pieces of forensic evidence showing it was not Sheila. So it had to be Bamber.

Although there have been suggestions from Mike, Sherlock & even Bamber of a third party commiting the massacre.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:45:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2017, 01:45:PM »
You are obviously aware there is a legal process

Innocent people are sent to prison and guilty people walk free
 We need a better legal system to hear appeals quicker

Absolutely no room for noble cause corruption

That's not the answer - it's a yes/no question. If Jeremy killed 5 people and walked free - is that JUSTICE?

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:PM »
Don't be ridiculous, I know Jeremy is innocent so it doesn't apply to him

Offline Jane

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:PM »
Don't be ridiculous, I know Jeremy is innocent so it doesn't apply to him

Too scared to look at the question objectively, Jackie?

Offline David1819

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2017, 02:40:PM »
There are over 50 pieces of forensic evidence showing it was not Sheila. So it had to be Bamber.

Although there have been suggestions from Mike, Sherlock & even Bamber of a third party commiting the massacre.

Adam can you please clarify exactly how many pieces of "evidence" you have?   ::)

200 pieces of forensic and circumstantial evidence.

Only 100+ pieces. But since when was that enough for supporters ?

28 pieces of forensic evidence.

30 pieces of forensic evidence incriminating Bamber. 

Well there are 19 pieces of foremsic evidence

33 forensic points which link Bamber to the crime.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:41:PM by David1819 »