Author Topic: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?  (Read 10219 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2017, 10:26:PM »
Another general election in October ? Watch this space.
Wouldn't surprise me Caroline  ;D

Offline lookout

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2017, 08:45:AM »
Brexit isn't working and will NOT work ! It's disgusting to think that those working for the NHS are living on a knife edge for fear that these people could possibly be sent back to the country they came from. It seems that if they've been in this country for 5 years+,they " might " qualify to stay ?
I was talking to a paramedic a couple of days ago who hails from Transylvania/Romania,fully trained and a very valuable asset to the NHS,efficiency and impeccable manners the like of which I've never seen for a number of years.

This vote was the most insipid and badly thought out part of our supposed democratic system. It should be rescinded !   
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:52:AM by lookout »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2017, 09:31:AM »
Brexit isn't working and will NOT work ! It's disgusting to think that those working for the NHS are living on a knife edge for fear that these people could possibly be sent back to the country they came from. It seems that if they've been in this country for 5 years+,they " might " qualify to stay ?
I was talking to a paramedic a couple of days ago who hails from Transylvania/Romania,fully trained and a very valuable asset to the NHS,efficiency and impeccable manners the like of which I've never seen for a number of years.

This vote was the most insipid and badly thought out part of our supposed democratic system. It should be rescinded !
I agree lookout, Brexit is a real threat to our country.  Think many voted for leave as a protest vote against austerity which is nothing to do with EU and everything to do with UK Government.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:33:AM by maggie »

Offline lookout

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:AM »
I agree lookout, Brexit is a real threat to our country.  Think many voted for leave as a protest vote against austerity which is nothing to do with EU and everything to do with UK Government.

It is a great threat Maggie. There was a programme about the fruit/veg pickers-----majority being foreign because our own " home-grown " won't do it ! Too much like hard work.
The paramedic who I was talking to must have drawn the short straw in coming out to my neighbour !
They must have waited until he came in for his night shift until the woman was seen to after I'd sat with her for 6 hours ( head wound ) However,he was so kind and attentive and I felt so sorry for him. No matter what colour,or where they come from,we NEED these people and certainly in the NHS.
Sadly,we're a country of exploitation and if some fat cat can get employment for 1/6 an hour,they will.

The gun/knife crime in Liverpool is all but umanageable. It's these thugs they want to send packing,and most are white ! Yesterday,not far from where I live ( over the water ) a young lad was walking along minding his own business and some thug on a scooter nearly took the lad's arm off with a knife. It scared everyone around the area, no less the youngster with his injury. White---again ! It maddens me how "others" are constantly blamed when there are none worse than our own ne'er do wells. 

It seems that nobody in government can stand on their own two feet anymore and have to be dictated to by others. They're not on the same wave-length as the " ordinary " person at all,too busy yapping to notice what's going on. Empty vessels DO make the most noise !

guest7363

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2017, 01:36:PM »
  Great MP. Is the Beast standing again this year, justice?
    Alan Johnson was our MP and I have always found him a disappointment. He has stood down so hopefully our probable new MP, Emma Hardy, will inspire more confidence.
Just Emailed the Beast of Bolsover for a woman whose mum has got Dementia, he rang her up within 10 mins of me emailing and offered her advice and thanked me, he’s not even the woman’s MP, I emailed Toby Perkins (Labour) at the same time Nothing.  Dennis is now 85 and has everyone at heart amazing.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2017, 10:25:AM »
Just Emailed the Beast of Bolsover for a woman whose mum has got Dementia, he rang her up within 10 mins of me emailing and offered her advice and thanked me, he’s not even the woman’s MP, I emailed Toby Perkins (Labour) at the same time Nothing.  Dennis is now 85 and has everyone at heart amazing.

Love Dennis Skinner, he belongs to a rare breed of politician that actually has integrity! Our MP used to be Pat Glass, now we have Helen Goodman  :-\. Any problems and I think I'll contact Dennis  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest7363

« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:AM »
Love Dennis Skinner, he belongs to a rare breed of politician that actually has integrity! Our MP used to be Pat Glass, now we have Helen Goodman  :-\. Any problems and I think I'll contact Dennis  ;D ;D ;D ;D
She has told me what he said when he phoned her, he told how his mother had Dementia and had died with this awful illness as well, she said he was ranting and raving as though he was in Parliament and he advised her what to do.  Toby Perkins her mums MP still hasn’t got back to her, Dennis within ten minutes of the email I sent, unbelievable.

Offline lookout

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:AM »
Angela Eagle is a good one to one MP who treats her constituents here on the Wirral,as individuals,as does Frank Field,but NOBODY in London listens when they make their speeches of the grievances that many have in the area !!
How many MP's would bother coming to your house ? Not a lot.

guest7363

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2017, 10:53:AM »
Angela Eagle is a good one to one MP who treats her constituents here on the Wirral,as individuals,as does Frank Field,but NOBODY in London listens when they make their speeches of the grievances that many have in the area !!
Like Caroline said Lookout they are a rare breed some.  The whole Skinner family have always been into politics/Union always give good advice and follow through.  :)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2017, 10:56:AM »

Frank Field is a fantastic politician and he's written some brilliant books on social exclusion.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2017, 01:20:PM »
Frank Field is a fantastic politician and he's written some brilliant books on social exclusion.

He's worked tirelessly over the years for his constituents in Birkenhead where some of the most deprived areas of the country are. Parliament should be ashamed of themselves,there should NOT be poverty in this day and age.