Author Topic: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?  (Read 10183 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 06:52:PM »
   At the moment, I agree Susan, but was it Harold Wilson who said that "a week is a long time in politics".
    It is apparent that Corbyn is winning many over. Could May lose it yet?
It would give me great pleasure to see 'strong and stable' go down the plughole.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 06:59:PM »
    As an aside, has anyone on the forum changed their stance since the election campaign started?
    The polls are showing definite movement and it seems a widely held view, even amongst Tory commentators that Theresa May is having a bad campaign.
    Corbyn appears to be winning people over with the increased exposure. Is this reflected in the Forum?

I have always been Labour gringo but not a fan of Corbyn because I didn't agree with his stance on a few things however I have changed my mind.  I have decided to ignore the stuff which I disagreed with, it was all in the past anyway and have become an avid supporter. 

I agree very much with most of what he says and the manifesto and find him a breath of fresh air who debates issues is always respectful to his opponents evenwith Jeremy paxman who was appallingly rude to him the other night.......   GO JEZZA!!  ;D

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 07:00:PM »
Gringo
I would be delighted to see Corbyn win because I think the Country needs a Labour government had David won instead of Ed think labour would still be in power.
    Well you can count on the "City of Culture" to return three Labour MP's.Hull North,East and West always Labour.
     Labour need the young vote to turn out en masse and there are signs that the young will vote in larger numbers than usual. There was an unprecedented last day surge and in total over 2 million young voters registered in the month leading up to election.
     For the sake of the countries public services I pray that the Tories are denied a majority at the very least.

Offline susan

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 07:02:PM »
Dont like David Milliband Bron, I much prefered Ed but I am all for Jezza, he is a good guy and has been very impressive.

Maggie I am not a David Miliband fan but think he would have been a stronger leader than Ed (who I adore) but that is water under the bridge I am warming towards Jeremy Corbyn and hope he can succeed  :)

Offline susan

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 07:07:PM »
    Well you can count on the "City of Culture" to return three Labour MP's.Hull North,East and West always Labour.
     Labour need the young vote to turn out en masse and there are signs that the young will vote in larger numbers than usual. There was an unprecedented last day surge and in total over 2 million young voters registered in the month leading up to election.
     For the sake of the countries public services I pray that the Tories are denied a majority at the very least.

Gringo your City of Culture is a safe labour seat I believe I think the young ones will support JC thing is here in the Highlands we just have the SNPs hehehe I am praying with you Gringo :)

Offline susan

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 07:09:PM »
I have always been Labour gringo but not a fan of Corbyn because I didn't agree with his stance on a few things however I have changed my mind.  I have decided to ignore the stuff which I disagreed with, it was all in the past anyway and have become an avid supporter. 

I agree very much with most of what he says and the manifesto and find him a breath of fresh air who debates issues is always respectful to his opponents evenwith Jeremy paxman who was appallingly rude to him the other night.......   GO JEZZA!!  ;D

Maggie that Jeremy Paxman is such as rude man I cannot stand him and turn the TV off when he is on :))

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 07:15:PM »
Maggie that Jeremy Paxman is such as rude man I cannot stand him and turn the TV off when he is on :))
I thought he was really good on \newsnight Susan but he was completely over the top when he interviewed Corbyn the other night. He asked him a question then immediately started shouting at the poor man.  Don't know how he kept his cool.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 07:16:PM »
Gringo your City of Culture is a safe labour seat I believe I think the young ones will support JC thing is here in the Highlands we just have the SNPs hehehe I am praying with you Gringo :)
Just like a previous European City of Culture on the other side of the Pennines... you can rely on them. ;D

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 07:17:PM »
Maggie I am not a David Miliband fan but think he would have been a stronger leader than Ed (who I adore) but that is water under the bridge I am warming towards Jeremy Corbyn and hope he can succeed  :)
David is too right wing imo, I agree with you about lovely Ed..... 

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:PM »
David is too right wing imo, I agree with you about lovely Ed.....
Think we've bored everyone to death Bron  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline susan

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 07:21:PM »
Think we've bored everyone to death Bron  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maggie blame Gringo :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 07:30:PM »
Only said that today Lookout, I think the last time they put up was in Chesterfield against Tony Benn.  Was it  screening Lord Sutch or something, really like Jeremy but I'm afraid the press have killed his chances, it's been caused within the Labour Party, the Labour Party cannot complain when they themselves tried to get rid of him so how can you vote for him?
I would guess they like him a lot more now they see how the public are relating to him justice.  Stranger things have happened recently, as we know.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 07:30:PM »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 07:32:PM »
Pity there wasn't a Raving Loony party because I'd vote for them !
None of those listed have the public interest at heart.
You're such a rebel Lookout  ;D

guest7363

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 07:39:PM »
I would guess they like him a lot more now they see how the public are relating to him justice.  Stranger things have happened recently, as we know.
Hope so Maggie, really need him, not convinced with the polls though