Author Topic: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline gringo

Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:34:AM »
    With polling companies reputations under the microscope, after the failures recently to predict the outcomes of the 2015 election, Brexit and Trump's victory, surely the forum with it's diverse membership could do no worse than You Gov, ICM et al.
    Sorry to any Plaid, Green, UKIP, DUP, SDLP, Sinn Fein supporter or any other party I have missed. Only five choices so have had to lump smaller parties together.
    Can the JB forum more accurately predict the outcome than pollsters?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: Can JB Forum beat the pollsters Election 2017?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 10:15:AM »
look other has just beat the lib dems.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:33:AM »
Pity there wasn't a Raving Loony party because I'd vote for them !
None of those listed have the public interest at heart.

Offline justice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 01:51:PM »
Pity there wasn't a Raving Loony party because I'd vote for them !
None of those listed have the public interest at heart.
Only said that today Lookout, I think the last time they put up was in Chesterfield against Tony Benn.  Was it  screening Lord Sutch or something, really like Jeremy but I'm afraid the press have killed his chances, it's been caused within the Labour Party, the Labour Party cannot complain when they themselves tried to get rid of him so how can you vote for him?
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline gringo

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 03:58:PM »
    As an aside, has anyone on the forum changed their stance since the election campaign started?
    The polls are showing definite movement and it seems a widely held view, even amongst Tory commentators that Theresa May is having a bad campaign.
    Corbyn appears to be winning people over with the increased exposure. Is this reflected in the Forum?

Offline justice

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 04:23:PM »
    As an aside, has anyone on the forum changed their stance since the election campaign started?
    The polls are showing definite movement and it seems a widely held view, even amongst Tory commentators that Theresa May is having a bad campaign.
    Corbyn appears to be winning people over with the increased exposure. Is this reflected in the Forum?

Most polls still have Torres way ahead, the poll you probably seen had a margin from her getting 345 to 274, don't believe polls anyway.

And other pollsters such as ComRes and ICM both report that the Conservatives are still way ahead

Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline susan

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 04:24:PM »

Hi Gringo

I have never been a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn but I am starting to change my view of him as he is impressing me with his Campaign never been a supporter of Teresa May she is really lacking during her Campaign team she seems to be not really interested maybe she is so confident  she will win. In Scotland seems like the SNP are the strong party although maybe not as strong as last election and this is due to them wanting another Referendum.

Offline gringo

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:PM »
Most polls still have Torres way ahead, the poll you probably seen had a margin from her getting 345 to 274, don't believe polls anyway.

And other pollsters such as ComRes and ICM both report that the Conservatives are still way ahead
   The polls are all over the place and just lately seem little better than asking Mystic Meg. I think I would probably trust a Forum poll over any of them to be more accurate  ;)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 04:58:PM »

I would agree with this and it's pretty much the way my own thoughts are going. Wouldn't have considered voting the JC a few weeks ago but with TM's robotic persona and her ability to blatantly never answer a question, JC doesn't seem such a bad choice. I don't think either of them have a solid BREXIT plan - it's all down to who you believe will negotiate the best deal - TM says she will, but it's all she says and she hasn't done that well so far.
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline gringo

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 05:13:PM »
Hi Gringo

I have never been a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn but I am starting to change my view of him as he is impressing me with his Campaign never been a supporter of Teresa May she is really lacking during her Campaign team she seems to be not really interested maybe she is so confident  she will win. In Scotland seems like the SNP are the strong party although maybe not as strong as last election and this is due to them wanting another Referendum.
   Hi Susan,
           It does appear to me that there is a shift in opinion towards both Corbyn and May.
     I must confess that I am quite a political geek and aside from somewhat sketchy polling there are lots of signs that public perception of the two is changing.
     May is a really poor communicator and is easily rattled under questioning. It is evident that the more she mixes with the "hoi polloi" the more badly she fares.
     Conversely Corbyn seems to be winning people over the more they see of him. This view is reflected in comment sections of all newspapers, even Tory bastions such as the Mail and Telegraph.
     On the Paxman debate she was a car crash being openly laughed at by the audience.
     From chatting with people I have picked up this impression also. People previously hostile towards Corbyn have certainly been won over.

Offline gringo

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 05:20:PM »
I would agree with this and it's pretty much the way my own thoughts are going. Wouldn't have considered voting the JC a few weeks ago but with TM's robotic persona and her ability to blatantly never answer a question, JC doesn't seem such a bad choice. I don't think either of them have a solid BREXIT plan - it's all down to who you believe will negotiate the best deal - TM says she will, but it's all she says and she hasn't done that well so far.
   Thanks for that,Caroline.
    Am I correct that you did support TM for the leadership? I seem to remember some support from you towards TM once and if I remember correctly then your opinion on this is probably the most telling.
    It does seem TM is losing what would be her base?

Offline susan

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 05:32:PM »
   Hi Susan,
           It does appear to me that there is a shift in opinion towards both Corbyn and May.
     I must confess that I am quite a political geek and aside from somewhat sketchy polling there are lots of signs that public perception of the two is changing.
     May is a really poor communicator and is easily rattled under questioning. It is evident that the more she mixes with the "hoi polloi" the more badly she fares.
     Conversely Corbyn seems to be winning people over the more they see of him. This view is reflected in comment sections of all newspapers, even Tory bastions such as the Mail and Telegraph.
     On the Paxman debate she was a car crash being openly laughed at by the audience.
     From chatting with people I have picked up this impression also. People previously hostile towards Corbyn have certainly been won over.

Hi Gringo
I agree with your comments although I think Teresa May is not a good leader I think she will be the winner in the end had Corbyn had more time I think he would have won people over and could have been the next Prime Minister.  I am one who has been won over by Corbyn.

Offline gringo

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 05:44:PM »
Hi Gringo
I agree with your comments although I think Teresa May is not a good leader I think she will be the winner in the end had Corbyn had more time I think he would have won people over and could have been the next Prime Minister.  I am one who has been won over by Corbyn.
   At the moment, I agree Susan, but was it Harold Wilson who said that "a week is a long time in politics".
    It is apparent that Corbyn is winning many over. Could May lose it yet?

Offline susan

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 06:42:PM »
   At the moment, I agree Susan, but was it Harold Wilson who said that "a week is a long time in politics".
    It is apparent that Corbyn is winning many over. Could May lose it yet?

Gringo
I would be delighted to see Corbyn win because I think the Country needs a Labour government had David won instead of Ed think labour would still be in power.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:PM »
Gringo
I would be delighted to see Corbyn win because I think the Country needs a Labour government had David won instead of Ed think labour would still be in power.
Dont like David Milliband Bron, I much prefered Ed but I am all for Jezza, he is a good guy and has been very impressive.