Author Topic: Michael Stone New Evidence Tonight  (Read 57326 times)

Offline sandra L

Re: Michael Stone New Evidence Tonight
« Reply #390 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46:AM »
No Josie's actual words when shown the photograph of Stone's bus pass were: "That's him!"

Really?? So when investigators go galumphing off to traumatised witnesses and shove a blurry, terrible photo of someone under their noses (we've all had that driving license/passport photo to carry around with us for 10 years), it's not at least questionable that the witness agrees that the image shown to them by trusted investigators could be the person who did this terrible thing to them or their family?

And, as Nugnug said, completely inadmissible as evidence. We have ID parades, VIPER etc for damn good reason - so many people can look "similar" to someone you may have seen in a very short time space in traumatic conditions, mistaken identification is almost inevitable, In fact, it's one of the most common causes of wrongful conviction - don't take my word for it - go check it out.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #391 on: December 02, 2017, 12:51:AM »
levi is serving a whole life tariff he eventully admitted milly's murder.so why keep quite about this one .
But why confess at all..isn't the irony that's it's almost identical to the "confession" that landed Stone behind bars in the first place? I do agree with an earlier post of yours that the crime does fit Stone's modus operandi more than Bellfield's: a man so desperate for his next fix he would stoop to anything, rather than Bellfield's chatting up victims and striking upon rejection.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #392 on: December 02, 2017, 12:51:AM »
Hairline????

Did Michael Stone grow back head hair to fill in the very obvious male pattern receding V in his hairline?

he also wore platform shoes to make himself look 5 inches taller and changed his white Toyota into a red beige fiesta and then turned it back  again

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #393 on: December 02, 2017, 12:53:AM »
what was stones alibi for where he was at the time of the murders and was it collaborated by anyone

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #394 on: December 02, 2017, 12:58:AM »
Really?? So when investigators go galumphing off to traumatised witnesses and shove a blurry, terrible photo of someone under their noses (we've all had that driving license/passport photo to carry around with us for 10 years), it's not at least questionable that the witness agrees that the image shown to them by trusted investigators could be the person who did this terrible thing to them or their family?

And, as Nugnug said, completely inadmissible as evidence. We have ID parades, VIPER etc for damn good reason - so many people can look "similar" to someone you may have seen in a very short time space in traumatic conditions, mistaken identification is almost inevitable, In fact, it's one of the most common causes of wrongful conviction - don't take my word for it - go check it out.
I didn't say Josie was right, but I quoted her exact words rather than the erroneous information on the subject which was put in the public domain. If you read my past posts in this thread it will confirm that I believe a miscarriage of justice has taken place and it wouldn't surprise me if Stone was released, and one hopes with adequate compensation, if that is at all possible for 20 years behind bars. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/michael-stone-found-not-guilty-11619224

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #395 on: December 02, 2017, 01:01:AM »
what was stones alibi for where he was at the time of the murders and was it collaborated by anyone
He didn't really have one, though he had a receipt from a pawn shop the same afternoon, which would have made the journey to Chillenden a tight one timewise.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #396 on: December 02, 2017, 01:08:AM »
He didn't really have one, though he had a receipt from a pawn shop the same afternoon, which would have made the journey to Chillenden a tight one timewise.
thanks steve any news reports on what he pawned

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #397 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:AM »
But why confess at all..isn't the irony that's it's almost identical to the "confession" that landed Stone behind bars in the first place? I do agree with an earlier post of yours that the crime does fit Stone's modus operandi more than Bellfield's: a man so desperate for his next fix he would stoop to anything, rather than Bellfield's chatting up victims and striking upon rejection.
steve the same can be said in the milly case ,why confess at all. but he did

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #398 on: December 02, 2017, 01:20:AM »
steve the same can be said in the milly case ,why confess at all. but he did

he appealing the milly dowler conviction so he cleary has not confessed to it.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #399 on: December 02, 2017, 01:24:AM »
thanks steve any news reports on what he pawned
I can't remember exactly without reading an article again but it was some household product he had probably stolen and received the money for. On the day of the murders a man reported a lawnmower missing from his caravan in the area and Stone had stolen lawnmowers on previous occasions.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2017, 09:47:AM »

Firstly, an apology - I was wrong about how Josie came to be shown the bus pass - according to media reports, a newspaper published a photograph of the bus pass after the trial ended and that's when Josie said "That's him."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/stone-is-convicted-again-of-russell-murders-9161833.html

It's still not reliable though, since the story accompanying the picture was talking about the outcome of the trial and the claim that that was exactly what Josie said came from an un-named  CPS "source."

However, I should know better than to comment without checking the facts, so apologies to all.

guest7363

« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:AM »
Firstly, an apology - I was wrong about how Josie came to be shown the bus pass - according to media reports, a newspaper published a photograph of the bus pass after the trial ended and that's when Josie said "That's him."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/stone-is-convicted-again-of-russell-murders-9161833.html

It's still not reliable though, since the story accompanying the picture was talking about the outcome of the trial and the claim that that was exactly what Josie said came from an un-named  CPS "source."

However, I should know better than to comment without checking the facts, so apologies to all.
No problem Sandra, were all here to learn, it makes it a little bit  more reliable though don’t you think?

Offline sandra L

« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:AM »
I don't think it does, really - Josie had already seen him in an ID parade and didn't pick him out, her description of the man's height and build didn't match and, like I said previously, the story accompanying the picture was about Michael Stone being found guilty, so very leading.

I read another article claiming that Shaun Russell has always had  niggling doubts about the conviction and said if he'd been on the jury, he'd probably have been one of the two against returning a guilty verdict. I'll see if I can find the link and post it later - I need to fix my washing machine for now.

guest7363

« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2017, 02:19:PM »
I don't think it does, really - Josie had already seen him in an ID parade and didn't pick him out, her description of the man's height and build didn't match and, like I said previously, the story accompanying the picture was about Michael Stone being found guilty, so very leading.

I read another article claiming that Shaun Russell has always had  niggling doubts about the conviction and said if he'd been on the jury, he'd probably have been one of the two against returning a guilty verdict. I'll see if I can find the link and post it later - I need to fix my washing machine for now.
Yes I read that’s as well  Sandra about Shaun, I also read an article in which he said “he could find sympathy for  him if he confessed” ive  also read (don’t know how true) That Bellfield challenged Stone to take a lie detector test with him?

Offline nugnug

« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2017, 07:36:PM »
beldeild also promised to give a dna sample but then funnly enough dident do it.

so ill take his cliam that he would take a polgraph yest with a hefty pinch of salt.