Author Topic: A Psychological Test  (Read 526 times)

Offline Jane J

A Psychological Test
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:50:PM »
A girl attends her mother's funeral during which she sees a man with whom she falls head over heels in love. She's never seen him before. Has no idea who he is or where he lives. He leaves before she can have a conversation with him so she was unable to get a contact number. She can't get him out of her mind.

A fortnight later, she kills her sister.

What was her motive for doing this?

This test was devised by an American psychologist to find those who had the mind set of a killer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:12:PM by Jane J »

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
Re: A Psychological Test
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 02:37:PM »
She hopes the guy will show up to the funeral. (Obviously)

"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:49:PM »
She hopes the guy will show up to the funeral. (Obviously)

Handy thing Google isn't it?  ::)
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline Jane J

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:54:PM »

I rather hope, for his sake, he did google it, Caroline.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 02:58:PM »

Handy for difficult questions yeah. Given the limited info in this question to go on what other answer can you possibly give?  ???
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:59:PM by David1819 »
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 03:01:PM »
Handy for difficult questions yeah. Given the limited info in this question to go on what other answer can you possibly give?  ???

The one you Googled.
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline Jane J

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 03:13:PM »
The one you Googled.

If he DIDN'T Google it, he could be a natural.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 03:17:PM »
The one you Googled.

the other answer is the one I googled?  ???

Offline Jane J

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 03:21:PM »

Depends on who one is.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 03:27:PM »
If he DIDN'T Google it, he could be a natural.

I now have googled it (after answering it) turns out the opposite.

"Im sure its a hoax.  Among other things, true psychopaths by definition see communication purely as a means of manipulation and wouldn't answer such a question honestly.

I suspect its roughly inspired by the "empathy test" in Blade runner."

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-accuracy-of-the-Psychopath-Test-about-daughter-killing-sister-after-falling-in-love-with-a-guy-at-her-mothers-funeral

Offline Jane J

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 03:41:PM »
I now have googled it (after answering it) turns out the opposite.

"Im sure its a hoax.  Among other things, true psychopaths by definition see communication purely as a means of manipulation and wouldn't answer such a question honestly.

I suspect its roughly inspired by the "empathy test" in Blade runner."

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-accuracy-of-the-Psychopath-Test-about-daughter-killing-sister-after-falling-in-love-with-a-guy-at-her-mothers-funeral

However, I suspect it wasn't the test compiler who turned the answer around. I also suspect that those taking the test were asked to give the first answer which came into their head, without analyzing it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 03:57:PM »
The answer's in the question isn't it ? ( funeral )

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 03:59:PM »
However, I suspect it wasn't the test compiler who turned the answer around. I also suspect that those taking the test were asked to give the first answer which came into their head, without analyzing it.

Its a hoax.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 04:11:PM »
the other answer is the one I googled?  ???

Yeah right!  ::)
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 04:13:PM »
The answer's in the question isn't it ? ( funeral )

We are both psychopaths now lookout!  ::) ::) ::)

You learn a new thing everyday.