Author Topic: Kitchen telephone  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Bill Robertson

Kitchen telephone
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:28:AM »
6 August 2002 Stokenchurch investigation. Room 101 Trenchard House. DS 21 Stanley Jones speaking to DCI Jeannette McDiarmid about the kitchen telephone.

Jones) “I can’t even see anybody using the phone in that kitchen, the state of it, do you know what I mean. There’s no way I want to use that phone”

Every known photograph of the ivory coloured kitchen phone, including those on this website, shows the phone in pristine condition. What could Jones have meant by "the state of it"? Blood all over it?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Kitchen telephone
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:02:AM »
6 August 2002 Stokenchurch investigation. Room 101 Trenchard House. DS 21 Stanley Jones speaking to DCI Jeannette McDiarmid about the kitchen telephone.

Jones) “I can’t even see anybody using the phone in that kitchen, the state of it, do you know what I mean. There’s no way I want to use that phone”

Every known photograph of the ivory coloured kitchen phone, including those on this website, shows the phone in pristine condition. What could Jones have meant by "the state of it"? Blood all over it?
That is interesting Bill. It certainly suggests the phone may have been covered in blood. It's hard to think of anything else that could cause such a reaction.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:12:PM by maggie »

Offline justice

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 10:42:AM »

Can you post it? Does he mean the state of the kitchen  when he says the state of it? Or the state of the phone? Your wording is not clear.
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline susan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:56:AM »
Can you post it? Does he mean the state of the kitchen  when he says the state of it? Or the state of the phone? Your wording is not clear.

Hi Justice I think Bill is talking about the state of the phone :)

Offline justice

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 11:03:AM »
Hi Justice I think Bill is talking about the state of the phone :)
Hi Susan, just a bit unsure with the wording THAT kitchen and not THE kitchen, with this case the wording gets twisted, that's why it's better when there is a link?
Envy kills,” the Pope said. “It does not tolerate others having something that I do not have. And it always suffers, because the heart of an envious or jealous person suffers. It is a suffering heart!” It is a suffering that desires “the death of others

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:01:PM »
That is interesting Bill. It certainly suggests the phone may have been covered in blood. It's hard to think of anything else that could cause such a reaction.

Assuming of course that the quote is being reported accurately.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 12:52:PM »

Now there's a big conclusion jump. He could have been talking about the kitchen itself or the mouth/ear piece on the phone. That sounds more like a knock at the level of hygiene than anything else.
100% - No doubts!

Offline susan

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:PM »
Hi Susan, just a bit unsure with the wording THAT kitchen and not THE kitchen, with this case the wording gets twisted, that's why it's better when there is a link?

Hi Justice just given it more thought and it is rather ambiguous I admit could be the kitchen think maybe it is the kitchen :-\

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 01:09:PM »

Completely agree Justice!
100% - No doubts!

Offline justice

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:PM »
Completely agree Justice!
Thats how I see it, when I don't want to use a toilet elsewhere and the room is filthy I say "have you seen the state of that toilet" I'm very selective where I put my bum.

Offline justice

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 01:18:PM »
Hi Justice just given it more thought and it is rather ambiguous I admit could be the kitchen think maybe it is the kitchen :-\
Thats how I see it Susan as well. :)

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:PM »
Having read it several times - it could be read either way. 

If officers and senior officers had to enter the kitchen anyway (or were known to have been present in the kitchen that morning) - then it probably refers to the phone itself.  Any objection to not wanting to use that phone - because of the state of the kitchen - is nullified by the fact that they are already in said kitchen.
"She was on a mission - a date with death, in league with the devil..." 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline susan

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 01:32:PM »
Thats how I see it, when I don't want to use a toilet elsewhere and the room is filthy I say "have you seen the state of that toilet" I'm very selective where I put my bum.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline susan

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 01:34:PM »

If officers and senior officers had to enter the kitchen anyway (or were known to have been present in the kitchen that morning) - then it probably refers to the phone itself.  Any objection to not wanting to use that phone - because of the state of the kitchen - is nullified by the fact that they are already in said kitchen.

Roch you could well be right difficult to be sure :)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 01:37:PM »

No it isn't, as Justice just said, if you go into a public toilet and it's filthy, you wouldn't use the toilet on the assumption that it will be filthy too. However, to make the leap from the phone being dirty to the dirt being blood is just more conspiracy nonsense.
100% - No doubts!