Author Topic: Re: Forum technical problem  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Forum technical problem
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 07:32:PM »
Are you referring to this?

No Hartley.  In 1985 - After EP had interviewed JB and other potential witnesses - they made a decision to ask permission from the relevant Crown service - whether they could charge / prosecute him etc.  The relavent service wrote back to EP and gave permission for this to go ahead. 

guest2181

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 07:33:PM »
No Hartley.  In 1985 - After EP had interviewed JB and other potential witnesses - they made a decision to ask permission from the relevant Crown service - whether they could charge / prosecute him etc.  The relavent service wrote back to EP and gave permission for this to go ahead.

I don't think I've seen that, I don't have a copy I'm afraid.  :(

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 11:15:PM »
I don't think I've seen that, I don't have a copy I'm afraid.  :(

No worries...

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:PM »
I explained it to you before.

PDF's can only be attachments, you need to convert each page to an image file and attach them individually to have them visable.

Experiment as per instructions.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:39:AM by Roch »

guest2181

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 11:11:PM »
Traaa daaaa  :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 11:15:PM »
Traaa daaaa  :)

Wish I was more IT savvy   :-[

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:PM »
I have two issues to query. First issue, why does the site have black triangle with an exclamation mark, to signify it's not secure (on my phone)?

guest7363

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2020, 06:15:PM »
I have two issues to query. First issue, why does the site have black triangle with an exclamation mark, to signify it's not secure (on my phone)?
Hi Roch, is it an Android phone?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 09:42:AM »
Hi Roch, is it an Android phone?

It certainly is RJ.

guest7363

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 09:13:PM »
It certainly is RJ.
Ah see what you mean now Roch, I was going down the wrong route, sometimes your phone needed a reboot but you mean in the web browser don’t you,  I’m getting the same as you on my iOS iPhone when I use Google, yet when I used Safari, it says Not Secure in the web browser instead of the triangle.   

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2020, 10:18:AM »
Ah see what you mean now Roch, I was going down the wrong route, sometimes your phone needed a reboot but you mean in the web browser don’t you,  I’m getting the same as you on my iOS iPhone when I use Google, yet when I used Safari, it says Not Secure in the web browser instead of the triangle.   

Yes that's right, it's in the Web browser. Black triangle etc. Not secure.

guest7363

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2020, 05:06:PM »
Yes that's right, it's in the Web browser. Black triangle etc. Not secure.
Yes I’ve got the same, this site must use a cheaper version  Roch that’s all, i think if this site required money transactions I would be worried and would expect  it would have to have the S on the end of HTTP ( S for secure) its more encrypted that’s all Roch  😂😂😂. When your Chrome browser connects to a website it can either use the HTTP (insecure) or HTTPS (secure). Any page providing an HTTP connection will cause the “Not Secure

The “Not Secure” warning does not indicate that your computer or the site you are visiting is affected by malware. It only serves to alert you that you do not have a secure connection with that page.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2020, 05:35:PM »
Yes I’ve got the same, this site must use a cheaper version  Roch that’s all, i think if this site required money transactions I would be worried and would expect  it would have to have the S on the end of HTTP ( S for secure) its more encrypted that’s all Roch  😂😂😂. When your Chrome browser connects to a website it can either use the HTTP (insecure) or HTTPS (secure). Any page providing an HTTP connection will cause the “Not Secure

The “Not Secure” warning does not indicate that your computer or the site you are visiting is affected by malware. It only serves to alert you that you do not have a secure connection with that page.

Righto RJ. Cheers for clearing that up. Does it have any implications re pm's?

guest7363

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2020, 06:39:PM »
Righto RJ. Cheers for clearing that up. Does it have any implications re pm's?
I wouldn’t think so a Roch, it’s more to do with how it sends data, this site will have its own security for who see’s What ect.  Think of the PM’s that’s been crossed between members on here, nothing has ever been revealed other than by members themselves who’ve received such.  I think it would cost more to upgrade to the HTTPS version.  I think it’s more of a warning if you’re going to start using money transactions and Data protection ect, there’s  not a lot of data on here other than email addresses and IP addresses,  your IP address does change if you think about it, you can look on a computer from home, then look at the site with your phone at a different location.  Also I found out your home IP address can and sometimes does change.

Probably the best way of putting it Roch, HTTPS is an extension of HTTP and I would think in a few years there will be another extension to make it even more secure against online hacking?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 12:03:AM »
Can't attach word doc to post. Does it have to be altered to a different format?