Author Topic: Re: Forum technical problem  (Read 9477 times)

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
Re: Forum technical problem
« on: May 21, 2017, 02:46:PM »
There is apparently a problem with the forum in that some members are finding themselves unable to log on after logging out at the end of a previous session.  The problem is being investigated but in the meantime members are advised to avoid logging out when leaving the forum.  We hope the problem will be resolved soon. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:03:PM by Zoso »

Offline Zoso

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 03:04:PM »
There is apparently a problem with the forum in that some members are finding themselves unable to log on after logging out at the end of a previous session.  The problem is being investigated but in the meantime members are advised to avoid logging out when leaving the forum.  We hope the problem will be resolved soon.

Thanks Neil,

I have just found out that you can log back in once logged out if you use the main login screen. First be sure to click 'login' and use the screen depicted below for now.

Cheers.

Offline David1819

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 07:31:PM »
There is a problem with the security certificate.

Offline Zoso

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:21:PM »
I have now fixed the login problem - Steve, you'll be especially pleased!  ;D 8)

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:57:PM »
I have now fixed the login problem - Steve, you'll be especially pleased!  ;D 8)

I'm sure all those who've been affected will be suitably grateful for your efforts.

Offline Zoso

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:59:PM »
I'm sure all those who've been affected will be suitably grateful for your efforts.

Ya think?   :-\

Online ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:12:PM »

I hope they are. I certainly appreciate your work on this.  It has taken a lot of time and effort and you have resolved the problem.

guest2181

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:46:PM »

A thankless task it seems.

Very much appreciated from me though, and I doubt I know half of what you've done or realise the amount of time you've given up to do it.

Thank you Z/C

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:PM »
I hope they are. I certainly appreciate your work on this.  It has taken a lot of time and effort and you have resolved the problem.

Thanks NGB - much appreciated  :)
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:PM »
A thankless task it seems.

Very much appreciated from me though, and I doubt I know half of what you've done or realise the amount of time you've given up to do it.

Thank you Z/C

Cheers H  ;)

guest7363

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 06:35:AM »
Thanks Caroline for all the hard work you and the mods put in. Your input and work on this forum is greatly appreciated.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 12:30:PM »
Thanks Caroline for all the hard work you and the mods put in. Your input and work on this forum is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Justice :)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13:PM »
Hi Caroline - is this the right place to ask?  Can you please advise me how I modify my first post on the PC West thread - so that it actually displays the document in question - or is this not possible?

BTW - thanks for your technical services to the forum   8)

guest2181

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:PM »
Hi Caroline - is this the right place to ask?  Can you please advise me how I modify my first post on the PC West thread - so that it actually displays the document in question - or is this not possible?

BTW - thanks for your technical services to the forum   8)

Roch,

That post has a pdf attachment.

If you want the attachment to display (similar to how the various witness statements display), then you need to convert each page of the pdf to an image file and then attached each image individually.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:PM »
Roch,

That post has a pdf attachment.

If you want the attachment to display (similar to how the various witness statements display), then you need to convert each page of the pdf to an image file and then attached each image individually.

Cheers Hartley.  Sounds time consuming!  :P