Author Topic: Message on Log-In fields  (Read 604 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Message on Log-In fields
« on: May 20, 2017, 05:39:PM »
On my laptop, it states for both the JBF name and password fields , that it's 'not secure' and advises not to put personal details in because these could be stolen.

Mentions unsecure connection?

I've never seen that message before.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:58:PM by Roch »

Offline Caroline

Re: Message on Log-In fields
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:12:PM »
On my laptop, it states for both the JBF name and password fields , that it's 'not secure' and advises not to put personal details in because these could be stolen.

Mentions unsecure connection?

I've never seen that message before.   :-\

I also get that message but it doesn't come from the forum, it comes from your browser. It's the way the forum was set up and must have always been that way. I guess back then it didn't need to be secure as there were less unscrupulous internet users about. As long as you don't use the same password for everything, you should be OK - can't see any hacker wanting to hack into the JB forum. I can enquire about having a secure connection but it's not really necessary as no payments are taken over the forum etc?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:45:PM »
I also get that message but it doesn't come from the forum, it comes from your browser. It's the way the forum was set up and must have always been that way. I guess back then it didn't need to be secure as there were less unscrupulous internet users about. As long as you don't use the same password for everything, you should be OK - can't see any hacker wanting to hack into the JB forum. I can enquire about having a secure connection but it's not really necessary as no payments are taken over the forum etc?

OK cheers. I'd just never seen the message before. Now it's every time. My browser is Opera.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:58:PM »
OK cheers. I'd just never seen the message before. Now it's every time. My browser is Opera.

Are you using Firefox?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:27:PM »
Are you using Firefox?

Dont think so - just know it as Opera  :-\ :))