Author Topic: Re: Vitamins and Minerals for Heart Health  (Read 53 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Vitamins and Minerals for Heart Health
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:09:PM »

Medication isn't the be-all and end-all of a cure for anything.In fact,the wrong medication for the wrong diagnosis can sometimes do more harm than good. Taking something to calm someone down could well have the opposite effect.
Example-------I have tried nearly every type of medication to reduce blood-pressure,but not one has agreed with me.Instead of reducing it,it has increased it instead ? One's body knows if something isn't suitable,which is probably why Sheila had asked for a reduction in her medication,it was the wrong medication in my estimation.

I thought that Sheila had only just began haldol therapy after her last stay at St.Andrews ? Not years before.
JB's alleged " threat " was 7 moths prior------Sheila's ramblings,etc were 5 moths prior.
Beetroot juice is good for reducing bp, Lookout or Cranverry juice but has to be pure not that nasty stuff sold in cartons which is full of sugar.  Also magnesium lowers bp, we are all magnesium deficient and its really important for heart health.  Best to use a spray and rub it into your skin or soak in bath or soak feet with mineral salts 2/3 times a week. ;D  Doctors can't measure amount of magnesium in the body because it doesn't show in the blood much, it's in all the cells and organs, so they ignore it completely but it is more often than not the cause of irregular heart beat etc.  ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...  free consultation ........  you're welcome.. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:11:PM by maggie »

Offline lookout

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 12:25:PM »
Beetroot juice is good for reducing bp, Lookout or Cranverry juice but has to be pure not that nasty stuff sold in cartons which is full of sugar.  Also magnesium lowers bp, we are all magnesium deficient and its really important for heart health.  Best to use a spray and rub it into your skin or soak in bath or soak feet with mineral salts 2/3 times a week. ;D  Doctors can't measure amount of magnesium in the body because it doesn't show in the blood much, it's in all the cells and organs, so they ignore it completely but it is more often than not the cause of irregular heart beat etc.  ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...  free consultation ........  you're welcome.. ;D ;D ;D

Hi Maggie,thankyou for the free consultation.
Firstly,because I have warfarin,I can't have cranberry.In fact I'm rather restricted,diet-wise but neverthless seem to get by with a pretty good and varied one and have a steady INR.
The thing is Maggie,at home on my own bp moniter,it's 125/73-------perfect. When I have it taken at the surgery,it goes up ( white coat syndrome ) so technically I don't have hypertension and have been telling them so until I'm blue in the face,so no wonder medication doesn't work.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
If it ain't broke------------

Not forgetting a resting pulse of 54. ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:10:PM by maggie »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:37:PM »

Hi Maggie,thankyou for the free consultation.
Firstly,because I have warfarin,I can't have cranberry.In fact I'm rather restricted,diet-wise but neverthless seem to get by with a pretty good and varied one and have a steady INR.
The thing is Maggie,at home on my own bp moniter,it's 125/73-------perfect. When I have it taken at the surgery,it goes up ( white coat syndrome ) so technically I don't have hypertension and have been telling them so until I'm blue in the face,so no wonder medication doesn't work.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
If it ain't broke------------

Not forgetting a resting pulse of 54. ;D
I forgot you were on warfarin, so that is a different story.  Anyway, am pleased your BP is pretty much perfect, more power to you.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:11:PM by maggie »

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:32:PM »
Has anyone tried taking Tumeric?  I've heard it's a wonder spice.  Is it for joints or something?
"She was on a mission - a date with death, in league with the devil..." 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline susan

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 04:09:PM »
Has anyone tried taking Tumeric?  I've heard it's a wonder spice.  Is it for joints or something?

Roch
ask Maggie she is really well up on spices and knows all the benefits of taking them.  She is what I call a Spice Girl :))

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 04:42:PM »
Roch
ask Maggie she is really well up on spices and knows all the benefits of taking them.  She is what I call a Spice Girl :))

Which one?  Ginger, Sporty or Posh  :))
"She was on a mission - a date with death, in league with the devil..." 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline susan

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 05:27:PM »
Which one?  Ginger, Sporty or Posh  :))

Hahaha she is all three rolled into one she can be quite posh and very sporty and loves ginger in hot water :)) :)) :))

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 06:05:PM »
Roch
Hi Roch Turmeric is a fantastic spice, antioxidant, anti everything.  You can look it up on line and you will see everything it can be used for.  You can even use it during radiotherapy to cut down on side effects and it works.   :)   

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 07:06:PM »
Hahaha she is all three rolled into one she can be quite posh and very sporty and loves ginger in hot water :)) :)) :))
Dead right suse.  ;D