Author Topic: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.  (Read 63547 times)

Offline susan

Re: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2017, 07:50:PM »
Susan they are very slow. How long does it take for an expert to analyse Sheila's alleged suicide letter? That's just one example.

Steve I get the feeling more than that is involved and as I have no idea what the evidence is I don't know if they are slow or not.

Offline lookout

« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2017, 08:15:PM »
I think it's all to do with cost. Because of various funds which have been set up both online and on TV those organisations which are at the bottom of the pile,such as Jeremy's, face a long wait when compared with more pressing charities. Criminal investigations cost a lot !

guest1199

« Reply #962 on: May 27, 2017, 08:48:PM »
Hi Y'all :)

Well I'm sorry if I've caused so much consternation with people over my PM to Caroline post.  It was posted merely to indicate that I'd sent the PM to her, with the realisation that I had received personal messages that I'd inadvertantly overlooked in the past, all my own fault of course, since I'm not particularly familiar with these things.  I'm sorry if anyone thinks that I was having a dig at anyone in particular, when, if you read the post, you would see that I was also having a dig at myself as much as anyone else. 

That concept extends to the posts I exchanged with Adam yesterday, when I concluded that I was either dealing with an incredibly quick-thinking genius who had me entirely sussed out before I could even think straight, or I was encountering an idiot.  I then had to consider the possibility that it was ME who was the idiot. 

It may be myself who is the idiot with regard to Adams posts; however regardless of who is at fault, I am not prepared to go through anything like that kind of insanity again regardless of who is responsible. if I am as nuts as Adam's post seem to indicate, I'd better get it sorted out.  If that is indeed the case Adam, I find myself recoiling in abject humiliation at the absolute superiority of your debating skills, you truly are a genius in that respect. 

So you can consider this to be my last hoot, I can't compete with that level of genius or idiocy, I really just can't tell, I'm so stupid.

I extend my warmest wishes to all the members of the forum, whatever their point of view.  I'm out of here.  I will leave you with a few words of a Randy Newman song that is a warning against insular thinking and tribalism that may or may not be appropriate, depending on your point of view.  My guess is that it would be totally inappropriate since I think JB is innocent.  Here it is anyway.

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show
With some smart-ass New York Jew
And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox
And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too
Well, he may be a fool but he's our fool
If they think they're better than him they're wrong
So I went to the park and I took some paper along
And that's where I made this song

A kindly final hoot.
TomG

guest7363

« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2017, 09:00:PM »
Hi Y'all :)

Well I'm sorry if I've caused so much consternation with people over my PM to Caroline post.  It was posted merely to indicate that I'd sent the PM to her, with the realisation that I had received personal messages that I'd inadvertantly overlooked in the past, all my own fault of course, since I'm not particularly familiar with these things.  I'm sorry if anyone thinks that I was having a dig at anyone in particular, when, if you read the post, you would see that I was also having a dig at myself as much as anyone else. 

That concept extends to the posts I exchanged with Adam yesterday, when I concluded that I was either dealing with an incredibly quick-thinking genius who had me entirely sussed out before I could even think straight, or I was encountering an idiot.  I then had to consider the possibility that it was ME who was the idiot. 

It may be myself who is the idiot with regard to Adams posts; however regardless of who is at fault, I am not prepared to go through anything like that kind of insanity again regardless of who is responsible. if I am as nuts as Adam's post seem to indicate, I'd better get it sorted out.  If that is indeed the case Adam, I find myself recoiling in abject humiliation at the absolute superiority of your debating skills, you truly are a genius in that respect. 

So you can consider this to be my last hoot, I can't compete with that level of genius or idiocy, I really just can't tell, I'm so stupid.

I extend my warmest wishes to all the members of the forum, whatever their point of view.  I'm out of here.  I will leave you with a few words of a Randy Newman song that is a warning against insular thinking and tribalism that may or may not be appropriate, depending on your point of view.  My guess is that it would be totally inappropriate since I think JB is innocent.  Here it is anyway.

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show
With some smart-ass New York Jew
And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox
And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too
Well, he may be a fool but he's our fool
If they think they're better than him they're wrong
So I went to the park and I took some paper along
And that's where I made this song

A kindly final hoot.
TomG
Come on Tom, we all start somewhere, show some of that Brave Heart spirit and get debating, people like you, I certainly do and always read your posts, I'm only hear to make numbers up and when I reach 5 stars I can retire, ps I liked Gibson better in Patriot?
Now don't you dare Hoot off

Offline susan

« Reply #964 on: May 27, 2017, 09:03:PM »
Come on Tom, we all start somewhere, show some of that Brave Heart spirit and get debating, people like you, I certainly do and always read your posts, I'm only hear to make numbers up and when I reach 5 stars I can retire, ps I liked Gibson better in Patriot?
Now don't you dare Hoot off

Hi Justice I agree with you I would like Tom to stay and start posting with us I always read his posts and enjoyed them.  Hope you have a change of heart Tom :)

Offline Adam

« Reply #965 on: May 28, 2017, 08:52:AM »
TomG will be the first to agree his recent reasons why Bamber 'did not commit the crime' have been extremely weak. So much so that he instantly denies saying them when I post counter arguments & asks me to post proof he said it. Rather than defend his reasons.

To be fair all other recent 'innocent' reasons on the forum have also been weaker than usual.  TomG has not claimed he has information he won't post or told other posters to f--- off, which has happened elsewhere on the forum this week. 

Although he was rude saying I make 'straw man' arguments when I gave 8 facts why Bamber chose the murder weapon he did. He then (again) denied saying Bamber used a 'totally inappropriate weapon' & asked me to post proof he said it, after being unable to give me better alternative weapons.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:25:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Nigel

« Reply #966 on: March 11, 2018, 08:35:AM »
Carol Ann Lee's book has this reconstruction by the police, for those who have not had the pain of reading this logistically completely impossible concoction...............................

After gaining entry, he took the kitchen phone off the hook, thereby disabling all the farmhouse telephones, including the one on Nevill’s bedside table. The rifle was where Jeremy had left it earlier that evening; he either loaded it then or had already fully loaded it. Climbing the stairs, he steeled himself to kill the greatest threats first: his parents. A thin film of moonlight glimmered through the curtains in the master bedroom, where his parents lay sleeping. He stood in the doorway, lifted the rifle, and fired. The first two shots pierced the right side of June’s chest, embedding themselves in the pillow. Another shot hit her in the arm and a third travelled up inside her leg, lodging in her knee. The terrible impact woke Nevill, who lurched out of bed. Jeremy turned the gun on his father, firing four shots that caught him on his left side: two bullets penetrated his forearm and shoulder, and two tore into his lip and jaw. Jeremy left the room, heading down the first flight of stairs and through the corridor to the twins’ bedroom, firing one shot into each slumbering child. With all ten cartridges expended, he made his way down to the kitchen to reload. He managed to slot four cartridges into the magazine before his father stumbled into the room. A fierce fight for possession of the weapon ensued: they fell against the table, knocking it into the dresser and sending crockery to the floor. The rifle struck the overhead lampshade, shattering it. Jeremy used the gun to beat his father about the arms, head and face; Nevill’s watch broke and skittered across the lino. The struggle came to a brutal end near the Aga, where the rifle damaged the underside of the mantel. As Nevill collapsed over a chair, landing at an impossible angle with his pyjamas tangling around his feet, Jeremy brought the gun down on his skull, then fired four shots into his head. The last produced a stovepipe jam, trapping the empty cartridge case in the ejection port. Jeremy removed the magazine and loaded it to its full capacity, then inserted it into the magazine well. Climbing the stairs again, he cleared the jammed cartridge by working the bolt. It fell out, rolling towards the skirting board on the first landing. While father and son were fighting in the kitchen, June had managed to force herself up from the bed. The commotion had also woken Sheila, who crossed the landing to her parents’ bedroom, drowsy and confused. At the sight of her mother bleeding profusely as she steadied herself on the edge of the bed, Sheila rushed to the other side of the room, where the door to the box room was the quickest route to the twins. June staggered round the bed after her, but before she could reach Sheila, Jeremy returned with the gun. Sheila froze. June started towards her son, who fired three more shots into her neck, head, and finally between the eyes. June hit her shoulder against the door as she slumped to the floor. Jeremy then forced Sheila down beside the bed and shot her once in the throat. With six cartridges left in the rifle, he headed back down the corridor where he fired two further shots into Nicholas and four into Daniel, emptying the magazine. The element of ‘overkill’ would help his story that Sheila, in the grip of psychosis, was the guilty party. He then retraced his footsteps to the master bedroom, intending to finish setting the scene. To his shock he found his sister incapacitated but still alive. Quickly, he returned to the kitchen, loading a single cartridge into the magazine.
Upstairs once more, he crouched down and took aim. The bullet went into Sheila’s brain, killing her instantly. He then placed his mother’s bible at his sister’s side, unscrewed the silencer and positioned the empty rifle on her body. After showering, he changed into some clothes from his old bedroom, pushing the others into a bag for disposal later. He replaced the silencer in a box in the den cupboard, since to dispose of it might raise questions about its whereabouts. To account for his father’s death downstairs and the fact that he hadn’t been able to use the bedside telephone, Jeremy hid the kitchen telephone in a pile of magazines, then placed the bedroom telephone on the kitchen work surface. He dialled his own number, pressing the cradle to cut the call, and left the receiver off the hook. Removing all the household paraphernalia from the area around the sink, he then climbed out of the window. He reached back in to return everything more or less to its usual spot, then banged the window shut, causing the lock to fall into place. In the garden, he collected the bicycle and headed home along the same route as before. Just after 3am he called Julie. He chose his words carefully in case anyone else should overhear but said enough to let the reality of what he had done sink in. Then, to ensure that his version of events was the first, he rang Chelmsford Police Station, telling Constable West: ‘You’ve got to help me, my father has just phoned me saying, “please come over, your sister has gone crazy and has the gun”, then the phone went dead. My father sounded terrified, I don’t think he was kidding.’ ‘Where does your father live?’ West asked. ‘White House Farm, Tolleshunt D’Arcy

What a load of crap.

"A thin film of moonlight glimmered through the curtains in the master bedroom,"

Correct.
I slow down for a speeding police car, don't you?

6.01pm on Friday 6th September 1985 'Part 2' of the case began.

guest29835

« Reply #967 on: October 09, 2020, 12:10:AM »
Carol Ann Lee has appeared in an HBO podcast to accompany the recent TV series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E76jxCp_F6o

The content speaks for itself: she clearly believes strongly that Jeremy is guilty.  She parrots all the standard pro-guilt arguments.   

My question for Carol Ann Lee is: If you're so sure he's guilty, why isn't that the conclusion of your own book on the case?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #968 on: October 09, 2020, 02:44:AM »

The content speaks for itself: she clearly believes strongly that Jeremy is guilty.  She parrots all the standard pro-guilt arguments.   

My question for Carol Ann Lee is: If you're so sure he's guilty, why isn't that the conclusion of your own book on the case?
I see that is Episode 3.   Do you know the links to Episode 1 and 2?

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #969 on: October 09, 2020, 07:22:AM »

When?

Does that mean more people in America and Canada will learn about the case?

That could be a good thing?
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #970 on: October 09, 2020, 08:14:AM »
I see that is Episode 3.   Do you know the links to Episode 1 and 2?
Episode 1 - https://youtu.be/WKcPBcZdMYo
Episode 2 - https://youtu.be/SBOQNCLBm9c
Episode 3  - https://youtu.be/E76jxCp_F6o

Offline Adam

« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2020, 09:15:AM »
TomG was a strange short term poster.

He posted Bamber used a 'totally inappropriate weapon'. When I asked him what was a more appropriate available weapon, he denied saying it &  asked me to quote his post. When I quoted it, he said none of the weapons were appropriate.

Offline Adam

« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2020, 09:21:AM »
Luminous Wanderer was around at around the same time. He was  another short term poster.

He at least created a Sheila scenario in his own distictive way. When I quoted the COA, showing him Nevill was shot upstairs, that really upset him & he left the forum!

guest29835

« Reply #973 on: October 09, 2020, 10:58:AM »
Do people write neutral books about, say, the Yorkshire Ripper, hedging their bets about whether he did it?  I don't believe so.  I think almost-everybody is sure. 

If, based on her research, Carol Ann Lee is sure of Jeremy's guilt, then why the need for caution in her book?  It's certain, isn't it?  He did it, according to Carol Ann Lee [and Adam and Steve and Essex Police, etc., etc., etc.]. 

I really don't understand.  Perhaps somebody could help me by explaining the inconsistency?  It would be like Adam writing a book on the case, but ending it by saying: "Well, no-one is really sure that Jeremy did it.  He denies it.  Lots of people think he did it.  And lots of people who knew Sheila in London miss her.  The End."  Thanks Adam.

Why all the reticence and caution?  Is there a risk Jeremy could sue her?  I am not a lawyer, still less a libel lawyer, but I really doubt that this could be considered a serious legal risk.  Any such action would be dismissed as vexatious, surely?  And anyway, so what?  If she and her publishers were sued as part of some sort of defence strategy, it's more publicity for the book.

To my knowledge, James MacNeish has not been sued by David Bain over his book, albeit that is New Zealand law.  Sorry to labour the point, but I simply don't understand.

Offline David1819

« Reply #974 on: October 09, 2020, 03:04:PM »
Luminous Wanderer was around at around the same time. He was  another short term poster.

He at least created a Sheila scenario in his own distictive way. When I quoted the COA, showing him Nevill was shot upstairs, that really upset him & he left the forum!

No, Luminous Wanderer was banned after he fell out with NGB. Your posts have never persuaded or influenced anyone.