Author Topic: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.  (Read 63577 times)

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:00:PM »
Recently read this and was very impressed by it, I do have a few questions about certain parts the first one that springs to mind is at Chapter 18 first paragraph the author recounts a private conversation between Barbara Wilson and Neville Bamber.

Barbara states "I must have caught him at a vulnerable time" she then goes on to say that he told her something that she has never told anyone else since, she says Neville may have been hoping she went to the Police "but I had no proof".

The author as far as I can see dose not explain what was said surely it could be very important?

As an aside in the book there is an overhead shot of WHF taken the day before the killings ( I cannot seem to find the image online), in it at the top there is a perfectly ploughed field, now I'm no farmer but that field is so perfectly ploughed I'd be interested if Bamber ploughed that, and what a psychologist would make of it.

Also separate from the book, Bambers apparent escape route is interesting he lived 3.5 miles from that farm, over the fields would be impractical, that leaves a road who is going to take the risk of being seen going to a murder and who in their right mind would seriously risk riding back on that road after killing five people?

EDIT, SORRY I GOT THE NAME WRONG, ITS NOW CORRECTED
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:23:PM by Scales »

Offline Caroline

Re: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:42:PM »
Recently read this and was very impressed by it, I do have a few questions about certain parts the first one that springs to mind is at Chapter 18 first paragraph the author recounts a private conversation between a person named Tora and Neville Bamber.

Tora states "I must have caught him at a vulnerable time" she then goes on to say that he told her something that she has never told anyone else since, she says Neville may have been hoping she went to the Police "but I had no proof".

The author as far as I can see dose not explain what was said surely it could be very important?

As an aside in the book there is an overhead shot of WHF taken the day before the killings ( I cannot seem to find the image online), in it at the top there is a perfectly ploughed field, now I'm no farmer but that field is so perfectly ploughed I'd be interested if Bamber ploughed that, and what a psychologist would make of it.

Also separate from the book, Bambers apparent escape route is interesting he lived 3.5 miles from that farm, over the fields would be impractical, that leaves a road who is going to take the risk of being seen going to a murder and who in their right mind would seriously risk riding back on that road after killing five people?

Will have a look at the book later but why would it be impracticable to go over the fields? I live in the countryside and take the same type of journey everyday walking my dog. Jeremy knew the area well and would have been familiar with pathways and shortcuts across the land.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 03:55:PM »
Tora was Sheila's friend.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:PM »
Will have a look at the book later but why would it be impracticable to go over the fields? I live in the countryside and take the same type of journey everyday walking my dog. Jeremy knew the area well and would have been familiar with pathways and shortcuts across the land.

Hi, yes I also grew up and live in a very rural area which backs onto fields and have lived here for many years, I do have friends at the other ends of these fields which is a similar distance, but even with my local knowledge I could not find them across these fields in the dark, it would also surely rule out another piece of evidence, that of the bike, you simply cannot take a old ladies bike like that over fields.

And even if he had gone across on foot, this would greatly increase time to and from and presumably if he was a intelligent as we know he is he would know a police dog would potentially follow that scent to his doorstep.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:59:PM by Scales »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 04:04:PM »
Hi, yes I also grew up and live in a very rural area which backs onto fields and have lived here for many years, I do have friends at the other ends of these fields which is a similar distance, but even with my local knowledge I could not find them across these fields in the dark, it would also surely rule out another piece of evidence, that of the bike, you simply cannot take a old ladies bike like that over fields.

And even if he had gone across on foot, this would greatly increase time to and from and presumably if he was a intelligent as we know he is he would know a police dog would potentially follow that scent to his doorstep.

I don't agree, he farmed the land there and on foot, would easily be able to make his way across. I don't farm the land here but have crossed the fields many times in the dark.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 04:08:PM »
I don't agree, he farmed the land there and on foot, would easily be able to make his way across. I don't farm the land here but have crossed the fields many times in the dark.

But what about times on foot compared to a time on a bike? what about scent?

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:17:PM »
Tora was Sheila's friend.

Sorry my mistake wrong name it was Barbara Wilson

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:PM »

Okay. Neville's conversation with Barbara Wilson has done its rounds with what was said and about whom. Whichever side of the fence one is,it's referred to as a worry on Neville's part and has been translated in " the son " ( Jeremy ) giving his father grief. The other side of the fence is a worry that Neville had involving some other threat which had seemingly been delivered via a phone-call/s.
Then of course the poor man also had concerns over the illnesses of both his wife June and daughter Sheila. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 04:35:PM »
But what about times on foot compared to a time on a bike? what about scent?

Takes me about 35 mins and that's stopping quite a few times waiting for the dog. Scent? What of it? They never sent a dog to trace anything across the fields - Jeremy made sure they thought his sister was responsible. They lost precious time and evidence because of that.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 04:36:PM »

To be fair, BW is a bit unreliable, she changed her story from liking Jeremy, to being afraid of him. I believe he's guilty but such a discrepancy can't be ignored.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 04:38:PM »

Okay. Neville's conversation with Barbara Wilson has done its rounds with what was said and about whom. Whichever side of the fence one is,it's referred to as a worry on Neville's part and has been translated in " the son " ( Jeremy ) giving his father grief. The other side of the fence is a worry that Neville had involving some other threat which had seemingly been delivered via a phone-call/s.
Then of course the poor man also had concerns over the illnesses of both his wife June and daughter Sheila.

She said "I think he was hoping that I would go to the police about it. But I had no proof", the focus on the word Proof.

Giving your father grief is hardly worth a worried person considering going to the Police, and Proof suggests a criminal intent of some sorts or crime, its potentially a vital piece of information, that could damn or at least help Bamber.

PS whats Bamber's handle here, (I'm half joking)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:49:PM by Scales »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 04:41:PM »
She said "I think he was hoping that I would go to the police about it. But I had no proof", the focus on the word Proof.

Giving your father grief is hardly worth a worried person considering going to the Police, and Proof suggests a criminal intent of some sorts, its potentially a vital piece of information, that could damn of at least help Bamber.

BW's inconsistent claims won't help Bamber - it's simply her word against his and if she is saying that Nevil was referring to Jeremy (which I believe she was), that won't help him at all - far from it.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:PM »
Takes me about 35 mins and that's stopping quite a few times waiting for the dog. Scent? What of it? They never sent a dog to trace anything across the fields - Jeremy made sure they thought his sister was responsible. They lost precious time and evidence because of that.

Bamber had absolutely no way of knowing that it would all run like clock work as it apparently did, to fool a seasoned murder detective ( a man who's job it is to pull up a chair and look at a corpse until he's satisfied with the way of death, however long that takes ) is stretching credulity.

Bamber had no way of knowing the police reaction, that day.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:57:PM by Scales »

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:PM »

Giving your father grief is hardly worth a worried person considering going to the Police, and Proof suggests a criminal intent of some sorts, its potentially a vital piece of information, that could damn of at least help Bamber.

First of all it's JB,for short if you prefer.

Barbara Wilson had noted how " ill " Neville had looked at the time,so he may well have confided in her at that point,I don't know,but whatever it was she wasn't going to open up about it,though nothing to do with JB or he wouldn't be working there amongst guns.
In BW's last appearance on video,she looked so uncomfortable it was bordering on being cringeworthy,so it was blatently obvious that she'd been coerced by others for the interview.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:PM »

First of all it's JB,for short if you prefer.

Barbara Wilson had noted how " ill " Neville had looked at the time,so he may well have confided in her at that point,I don't know,but whatever it was she wasn't going to open up about it,though nothing to do with JB or he wouldn't be working there amongst guns.
In BW's last appearance on video,she looked so uncomfortable it was bordering on being cringeworthy,so it was blatently obvious that she'd been coerced by others for the interview.

Which is kind of my point, NB could easily have said Shelia had told him she was planning to shoot the kids or herself.