Author Topic: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.  (Read 63578 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Murders at White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 05:03:PM »
Which is kind of my point, NB could easily have said Shelia had told him she was planning to shoot the kids or herself.

Not so much that,but both parents were worried about the company that Sheila was keeping/mixing with,but that wasn't elaborated on so nobody knows about that side of things,unless BW does as the suggestion had to come from somewhere.

Offline lookout

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 05:09:PM »
Sheila had told her psychiatrist that she could harm her children,but then again she was living in London and not at the farmhouse surrounded by guns,except when she and the twins stayed there.
NB was certainly scared of something or someone though.

Offline Jane

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 05:18:PM »
Recently read this and was very impressed by it, I do have a few questions about certain parts the first one that springs to mind is at Chapter 18 first paragraph the author recounts a private conversation between Barbara Wilson and Neville Bamber.

Barbara states "I must have caught him at a vulnerable time" she then goes on to say that he told her something that she has never told anyone else since, she says Neville may have been hoping she went to the Police "but I had no proof".

The author as far as I can see dose not explain what was said surely it could be very important?

As an aside in the book there is an overhead shot of WHF taken the day before the killings ( I cannot seem to find the image online), in it at the top there is a perfectly ploughed field, now I'm no farmer but that field is so perfectly ploughed I'd be interested if Bamber ploughed that, and what a psychologist would make of it.

Also separate from the book, Bambers apparent escape route is interesting he lived 3.5 miles from that farm, over the fields would be impractical, that leaves a road who is going to take the risk of being seen going to a murder and who in their right mind would seriously risk riding back on that road after killing five people?

EDIT, SORRY I GOT THE NAME WRONG, ITS NOW CORRECTED

Goldhanger to WHFis shaped like a "D" the curve being the road.The straight side is the path along the sea wall. He wouldn't have needed to take the road route.

Offline Jane

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 05:28:PM »
Hi, yes I also grew up and live in a very rural area which backs onto fields and have lived here for many years, I do have friends at the other ends of these fields which is a similar distance, but even with my local knowledge I could not find them across these fields in the dark, it would also surely rule out another piece of evidence, that of the bike, you simply cannot take a old ladies bike like that over fields.

And even if he had gone across on foot, this would greatly increase time to and from and presumably if he was a intelligent as we know he is he would know a police dog would potentially follow that scent to his doorstep.

He wasn't expecting to be suspected. You have to remember that the whole thing was carried out to look as if Sheila had done it. Why would dogs have been used to sniff out Sheila in the fields?

Offline Jane

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 05:34:PM »
Bamber had absolutely no way of knowing that it would all run like clock work as it apparently did, to fool a seasoned murder detective ( a man who's job it is to pull up a chair and look at a corpse until he's satisfied with the way of death, however long that takes ) is stretching credulity.

Bamber had no way of knowing the police reaction, that day.

It wasn't a television series where the script make it all come right. Jeremy had the best part of a month to get rid of everything which might have incriminated him. He'd got it right enough that they didn't immediately suspect him which gave him breathing space.

Offline Jane

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 05:37:PM »
Sheila had told her psychiatrist that she could harm her children,but then again she was living in London and not at the farmhouse surrounded by guns,except when she and the twins stayed there.
NB was certainly scared of something or someone though.

Yes, she did. In 1983 when she had her first breakdown and PRIOR to being put on medication. In 1985 she made no mention of it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 05:41:PM »
At 04.04,a shooting incident had been reported either by someone from within WHF or from someone outside the premises to the information room at Essex HQ. JB had been outside with officers so it clearly wasn't him on the rampage.
For a siege to have taken place, two people had to be alive inside the farmhouse at that time.

Offline Adam

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 05:49:PM »
Recently read this and was very impressed by it, I do have a few questions about certain parts the first one that springs to mind is at Chapter 18 first paragraph the author recounts a private conversation between Barbara Wilson and Neville Bamber.

Barbara states "I must have caught him at a vulnerable time" she then goes on to say that he told her something that she has never told anyone else since, she says Neville may have been hoping she went to the Police "but I had no proof".

The author as far as I can see dose not explain what was said surely it could be very important?

As an aside in the book there is an overhead shot of WHF taken the day before the killings ( I cannot seem to find the image online), in it at the top there is a perfectly ploughed field, now I'm no farmer but that field is so perfectly ploughed I'd be interested if Bamber ploughed that, and what a psychologist would make of it.

Also separate from the book, Bambers apparent escape route is interesting he lived 3.5 miles from that farm, over the fields would be impractical, that leaves a road who is going to take the risk of being seen going to a murder and who in their right mind would seriously risk riding back on that road after killing five people?

EDIT, SORRY I GOT THE NAME WRONG, ITS NOW CORRECTED

There were three easy cycle routes to/from WHF which avoided the roads. They also avoided going near any dwellings.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 06:23:PM »
There were three easy cycle routes to/from WHF which avoided the roads. They also avoided going near any dwellings.

Can you describe/name the three easy routes either on foot or bicycle ?

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 06:26:PM »

I was hoping he'd show a guided image, i'v looked on google maps and I see a lot of routes none of them look easy or ideal for a multiple killer (on an old bike or foot)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:28:PM by Scales »

Offline lookout

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 06:36:PM »
I was hoping he'd show a guided image, i'v looked on google maps and I see a lot of routes none of them look easy or ideal for a multiple killer (on an old bike or foot)

Especially a mentally and physically exhausted individual struggling/ panting and shaking for 3 miles. ::)
The man in question was nearly sick with shock as it was when told about his family,goodness only knows what his reaction would have been on seeing them all lying there dead,let alone going through the gruesome task of having also killed them. It's just so ludicrous to even think about.

Offline Jane

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 06:48:PM »

It's never easy when looking at things from a distance. If you lived there you'd know how simple it was.

Offline Adam

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 06:48:PM »

No. RB's WS says this. He should know.

Trudie Benjamin's Vlog also shows a footpath which is so well kept it even has a bench.

The prosecution would not have said Bamber cycled to/from WHF if it was not easy. Supported by Bamber taking June's bike to his cottage just before the massacre.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 06:50:PM »

Especially a mentally and physically exhausted individual struggling/ panting and shaking for 3 miles. ::)
The man in question was nearly sick with shock as it was when told about his family,goodness only knows what his reaction would have been on seeing them all lying there dead,let alone going through the gruesome task of having also killed them. It's just so ludicrous to even think about.

I find talk of him wearing a wet suit then showering in it then hanging it up (presumably wet) in his old wardrobe at WHF baffling as well.

Also the fact that he never left any foot prints, I mean when you are killing folk your hardly going to be looking down where your standing?

As I say I'm not convinced of his guilt or innocence, just that we all know the police lie to get the results they want, as we have seen over the years.

Offline Scales

• Early forties.
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 06:57:PM »
No. RB's WS says this. He should know.

Trudie Benjamin's Vlog also shows a footpath which is so well kept it even has a bench.

The prosecution would not have said Bamber cycled to/from WHF if it was not easy. Supported by Bamber taking June's bike to his cottage just before the massacre.

Yes they would, it fitted into their bike being purposely placed there scenario, they never said that the gun used was like a toy that a child of about ten or over could work out and use within ten minutes of instruction, because that did not fit into their case.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:59:PM by Scales »