Author Topic: The Accused  (Read 1458 times)

Offline JackiePreece

• Veteran Member
The Accused
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:01:PM »
New just coming up on channel 5

Special documentary following a defendant through the criminal justice system

A TV first
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" Winston Churchill

Offline lookout

Re: The Accused
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:20:PM »
New just coming up on channel 5

Special documentary following a defendant through the criminal justice system

A TV first

I'm watching it Jackie. Can't yet decide whether the couple are involved,but obviously my first thought would be guilty,the pair of them. I'll decide when I see the rest.

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:41:PM »
All the disabilities of the infant are a mystery now ?

Offline JackiePreece

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:48:PM »
I know
I have never seen anything like it, that poor baby
How can she protect him
Just horrendous, one of the worst things I have ever seen
This really gives you an insight into solicitors and barristers work

Offline lookout

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:PM »
 It could be that she's telling the truth you know,but because there's an army for the prosecution side-------police,social services,etc etc,it's difficult for her to prove her innocence. She's powerless really.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:30:PM »
Guilty,eh. For protecting her scum of a boyfriend. Serves her right really for not protecting her baby instead.

Offline lilly15

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:54:AM »
The poor baby, her injuries were horrific. Not sure how anyone could defend someone capable of that.

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 01:02:PM »
 Because social services had stated that the partner wasn't a threat,there wouldn't have been a protection plan in place. Makes you wonder what it is that they know at all-----or don't !! The state of the house should have been enough for alarm bells to have rung considering there was only one child.
They both got their just desserts ! When young women put their partners first,there's ALWAYS trouble.
Children in these circumstances are usually a means of an income,nothing else ! Outrageous !!

Offline lilly15

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 04:50:PM »
Lookout I have to agree. The state of the place was appalling to say the least. She wasnt one bit bothered and when she said she was getting out and about having fun raising money for her poor child i felt sick.

She said something about being expressive or along those lines, I think she showed no emotion from start to finish other than closing her eyes really slowly mostly in disgust

Even when she managed to shed a tear in the park, it wasnt for the children it was for her and her memories & hopes for the future that had been taken away

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 04:59:PM »
A psychopath through and through Lilly.

Offline notsure

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 06:39:PM »
What was it called lookout ill do catchup as I missed it.

Offline notsure

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 06:56:PM »
Silly me it was in the thread title so got it. Will catch up tonight although it does look like an upsetting programme!

Offline susan

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 07:02:PM »
A psychopath through and through Lilly.

Hi lookout I watched this programme and was left feeling bewildered with her attitude it was obvious she had only thoughts for her boyfriend not once did I see sadness in her for her poor child bet when he gets out she will be back with him and I hope they don't have more children I sometimes I got the feeling she was not quite with it but came over as quite intelligent but so so cold and indifferent :(

Offline susan

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 07:08:PM »
Lookout I have to agree. The state of the place was appalling to say the least. She wasnt one bit bothered and when she said she was getting out and about having fun raising money for her poor child i felt sick.

She said something about being expressive or along those lines, I think she showed no emotion from start to finish other than closing her eyes really slowly mostly in disgust

Even when she managed to shed a tear in the park, it wasnt for the children it was for her and her memories & hopes for the future that had been taken away

Hi Lilly Well said and I agree with every word I missed the start so did not see her house but she seemed more interested in posing in her different dresses and head gear and the blue sunnies left me cold she did not come over as a caring Mum :(

Offline JackiePreece

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:PM »
I was interested watching the solicitor and barrister and I thought what a difficult job defending some people must be and what feelings they must have for the person they are fighting for, especially the boyfriend in this case