Author Topic: Hi  (Read 12991 times)

Offline Lucy522

Re: Hi
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2017, 03:07:PM »
Nevill heard shots but didn't call the police and didn't tell Jeremy shots had been fired. I doubt it! But as you add your personal experience into the mix, I have recently had experience of someone close to me taking haldoperidol and they were out of it. The dose was MUCH smaller than that given to Sheila and they couldn't function.

See I'm confused about the phonecall, If there was a call to Jeremy from Neville surely that means Sheila wasn't an immediate threat right then, if she was running amok with a gun and your wife and grandchildren were upstairs you wouldn't leave the situation to phone your son, if it was a 999 call yes, Jeremy no, what was happening at that time?!!!

Offline Lucy522

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2017, 03:11:PM »
If he was asleep downstairs - and Sheila wanted to send herself and her babies to their rest upstairs - he is not necessarily an immediate threat.

So yes another way of thinking of it, he'd nodded off downstairs and Sheila had taken the gun upstairs and began the massacre? Where does the phonecall come in? I see what your saying,  this phonecall business is really puzzling,if Neville was shot in the kitchen first there would be a blood trail through the house and upstairs and likewise if it was the bedroom it would be down the stairs, the fatal shots were obviously fired in the kitchen but where were the others? And why were the children still in their beds sleeping,? How loud would shots from a silencer be? Could you liken it to something for me?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:PM »
Lookout was there ever a cal recorded from whf to the police?

If he did phone Jeremy first I don't believe Sheila was an immediate threat/began shooting at that time??

No call was recorded, it was an old exchange that routed the calls and they had no physical way to record or save information.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:PM »
Lookout was there ever a cal recorded from whf to the police?

If he did phone Jeremy first I don't believe Sheila was an immediate threat/began shooting at that time??

Yes,I believe Neville did call the police ( as another Mr.Bamber ) prior to Jeremy's call to them,who'd also addressed himself as Mr.Bamber.Two Mr.Bamber's didn't take much to cause the confusion that reigned between the officers at EP. I often wondered why Neville had addressed them as the " Keystone Cops ".Perhaps his time as magistrate taught him that.

It hadn't been unusual for Neville to have rung his son to help him calm his sister down,which must have been after Jeremy had moved out of WHF when Sheila was visiting,latterly. Convalescing from clinic ? Too soon in my estimation !
When Neville rang Jeremy,no shots to his father would have been evident at that point,apart from the fact that Sheila may have grabbed the rifle and had been on her way upstairs,then the shooting would have begun.

Offline Adam

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2017, 05:36:PM »

Nevill called the police 16 minutes after Bamber.

I didn't say that he didn't ring the police. It would have been minutes after he'd phoned Jeremy. Hence the phone being engaged when Jeremy tried to ring back.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2017, 06:22:PM »

Yes,I believe Neville did call the police ( as another Mr.Bamber ) prior to Jeremy's call to them,who'd also addressed himself as Mr.Bamber.Two Mr.Bamber's didn't take much to cause the confusion that reigned between the officers at EP. I often wondered why Neville had addressed them as the " Keystone Cops ".Perhaps his time as magistrate taught him that.

It hadn't been unusual for Neville to have rung his son to help him calm his sister down,which must have been after Jeremy had moved out of WHF when Sheila was visiting,latterly. Convalescing from clinic ? Too soon in my estimation !
When Neville rang Jeremy,no shots to his father would have been evident at that point,apart from the fact that Sheila may have grabbed the rifle and had been on her way upstairs,then the shooting would have begun.
I'm not sure I believe this. though I know the Bambers liked to keep their affairs in-house. Jeremy specifically told Police outside that brother and sister didn't get on.

Offline lookout

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2017, 06:44:PM »
I'm not sure I believe this. though I know the Bambers liked to keep their affairs in-house. Jeremy specifically told Police outside that brother and sister didn't get on.

Not many brothers and sisters get on anyway,particularly in their younger years,though seemingly things improved as they got older and were out of each others hair.
It was Jeremy who looked after his sister where Colin had been too drunk to take her home,remember. It always seemed to be left to JB or the father to pick up the pieces,nobody else. The two men/people who Sheila didn't have a bad word to say to or about.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:PM »

There was one call - from Jeremy!

Where is it stated that it wasn't unusual for Nevill to call Jeremy to help calm his sister?

If Sheila walked upstairs with a rifle, Nevill would NOT have wasted time calling Jeremy, the idea is ridiculous.

Offline Adam

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2017, 07:36:PM »
See I'm confused about the phonecall, If there was a call to Jeremy from Neville surely that means Sheila wasn't an immediate threat right then, if she was running amok with a gun and your wife and grandchildren were upstairs you wouldn't leave the situation to phone your son, if it was a 999 call yes, Jeremy no, what was happening at that time?!!!

Either Sheila was no threat and Nevill would not need to call anyone.

Or Sheila was a threat and Nevill had no time to call anyone.

You're choice.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2017, 07:48:PM »
Either Sheila was no threat and Nevill would not need to call anyone.

Or Sheila was a threat and Nevill had no time to call anyone.

You're choice.
I think Scott Lomax's theory is that Sheila was a threat, they struggled with the gun with silencer, which hit the mantelpiece thereby leaving the red paint mark and he managed to dial Jeremy's number but Sheila cut him off.

Offline Adam

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2017, 08:04:PM »
I think Scott Lomax's theory is that Sheila was a threat, they struggled with the gun with silencer, which hit the mantelpiece thereby leaving the red paint mark and he managed to dial Jeremy's number but Sheila cut him off.

So it had got physical between Nevill & Sheila. However Nevill had not been shot in the face yet, or he couldn't speak to ring Bamber.

If a fully fit Nevill had struggled with Sheila, he would have won. Not stopped and phoned Bamber.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:05:PM by Adam »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2017, 08:05:PM »
So it had got physical between Nevill & Sheila. However Nevill had not been shot in the face yet, or he couldn't speak to ring Bamber.

If a fully fit Nevill had struggled with Sheila, he would have won. Not phoned Bamber.
..and if the silencer was on the weapon at any stage in any realistic scenario it's curtains for Jeremy Bamber.

Offline Adam

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2017, 08:07:PM »
Nevill heard shots but didn't call the police and didn't tell Jeremy shots had been fired. I doubt it! But as you add your personal experience into the mix, I have recently had experience of someone close to me taking haldoperidol and they were out of it. The dose was MUCH smaller than that given to Sheila and they couldn't function.

That explains how Bamber got Sheila from her bed into the main bedroom. Everyone else being dead and Bamber holding a gun would have helped.

Offline Lucy522

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2017, 09:31:PM »
..and if the silencer was on the weapon at any stage in any realistic scenario it's curtains for Jeremy Bamber.

Ive read that one of Sheila's shots had the silencer mark round it the other one didn't,I don't believe it wast used, what do you think? They had to find something to connect Jeremy to the scene,  this was all they had

Offline Caroline

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2017, 09:48:PM »
Ive read that one of Sheila's shots had the silencer mark round it the other one didn't,I don't believe it wast used, what do you think? They had to find something to connect Jeremy to the scene,  this was all they had

It doesn't have a silencer mark.