Author Topic: Barry George should face a re-trial under the Double Jeopardy Law  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
Re: Barry George should face a re-trial under the Double Jeopardy Law
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2017, 06:54:PM »
"It is now accepted that George does suffer from a mild form of epilepsy, though the experts are divided about its effects. Some believe George deliberately exaggerates the condition, others claim it has caused "severe brain dysfunction".https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2017, 07:03:PM »
So Lookout, why did Barry George commit previous offences towards women.

"But George was not just a performer. He could be predator too.

In March 1980 an actress called June Elvin, who had appeared in Ealing films and the police series Z Cars, was confronted by a man as she walked into the entrance hall of her block of flats in Barons Court, west London.

"He pulled open one side of the gates to the lift, I did the other," she said. "It was a tiny lift with only room for two. Halfway up he stopped the lift and attacked me. He tried to touch me, to put my hand up my skirt. I screamed and shouted and fought back."

The man fled when a friend of Ms Elvin's heard the commotion and ran to help.

Though he was acquitted of this offence inn June 1981, George was convicted of assaulting another woman.

According to reports of this case, George followed the civil servant and asked her out. When she rejected him, he grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt. He received a three-month suspended prison sentence.

Nevertheless, in late 1981 and early 1982 he was stopped by police on three different occasions over allegations that he was harassing women.

In February, 1982, George approached a 20-year-old languages student outside Turnham Green Tube station in west London. She thought he was a harmless eccentric. He walked with her and tried to impress her by saying "How are you?" in German.

In a dark stairwell outside her parent's flat in Acton, George attacked her. He clamped his hand over her mouth and pushed her arm behind her back. Terrified she was going to suffocate, she pleaded with him to let her go, but he con tinued, forcing her to the ground and pulling at her clothing.

The woman, who is now married with two children, claimed she was raped.

"She remembers the incident with clarity," said an officer from the Dando murder squad who went to see her. "She said Barry seemed to snap when she told him to 'fuck off'. He couldn't understand why she was pushing him away." As he ran off, he shouted that he was "sorry".

George denied the rape allegation and the prosecution accepted a guilty plea to a lesser charge to avoid a trial.

He appeared at the Old Bailey in March 1983 under the name Steve Majors (Lee Majors played Steve Austin in the popular series the Six Million Dollar Man). The judge was told he assaulted her because he felt "lonely and rejected".

George was convicted of attempted rape and sentenced to 33 months. He served 23 before being released.

How he was caught for this offence is a story in itself. On January 10 1983, the royal protection squad found George hiding in the bushes at Kensington Palace, wearing khaki, carrying a knife and a length of rope. He never explained why he was there and he was not charged with an offence because officers swiftly linked him to the sex attack.

Initially, George denied involvement, but a bright detective inspector trapped him by asking if he knew any German. George repeated the phrase "How are you?". He broke down and confessed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5

"George was arrested and charged with indecent assault on two other occasions - in April 1990 and January 1992, but neither case was pursued to court.

His abuse of women continued throughout the 90s, though he was not convicted of any offences.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2017, 07:11:PM »
I think had the Serbian hitman theory been correct it would have come out by now as somebody blabs in late night pub talk. The fact that there were no leads points in the direction of an off-chance killing by someone hanging around the area, a nonentity like Barry George who had been rejected by women and probably bore a pathological hatred for them.

Yet people want to play down his pathological traits Steve.

"In a note of condolence he wrote after her death, George claimed that he had been present when Mercury was interviewed by Miss Dando - another fantasy. He also falsely claimed he went to the same baptist church as her.

George seemed to know he was suffering from some kind of mental illness. On one handwritten note found in his flat, he had written: "I am suffering from long-term depression."

Detectives also found a note from a GP, dated October 28 1997, which said: "He quite clearly has a personality disorder. Otherwise, he is of normal, average intelligence."

The doctor recommended George should have a proper psychiatric assessment at the Riverside health authority in west London. An appointment was made, but George didn't go.

Doctors who examined George before the trial differed on the likely problem and its extent. It is understood that one report for the prosecution identified "histrionic", "narcissistic" and possible "paranoid" personality disorders; it concluded that George displayed "psychopathic personality characteristics".

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2017, 07:11:PM »
is this all have to demand a retrial 15  year old news storys that have allready been descredited i wonder what a jusge would say to proscuter who tried to use that as evdence.

Online nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2017, 07:13:PM »
"It is now accepted that George does suffer from a mild form of epilepsy, though the experts are divided about its effects. Some believe George deliberately exaggerates the condition, others claim it has caused "severe brain dysfunction".https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5

oh so  having epilepsy makes you guilty of murder now does you should of lived in nazi germany.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:33:PM by nugnug »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2017, 07:24:PM »
oh so epilepsy makes you guilty of murder you should of lived in nazi germany.

Why are you attempting to incite hatred

Online lookout

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2017, 07:58:PM »
 It's not nugs who's doing that from where I'm sitting.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:59:PM by lookout »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2017, 08:05:PM »
is this all have to demand a retrial 15  year old news storys that have allready been descredited i wonder what a jusge would say to proscuter who tried to use that as evdence.

How can Barry George's past be discredited?

You may choose to hide away from an apparent and lengthy history of criminal offences towards women but these facts won't go away or disappear.

I've yet to witness Barry George make any apology for his behaviours and crimes prior to his arrest for murder.

I've also yet to witness his sister acknowledge her brother's issues related to his apparent disrespect and abuse towards women either.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:12:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:41:PM by Stephanie »

Online lookout

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:PM »
Donald Trump's past history with women isn't exactly Presidential material,but he's no murderer.

Online nugnug

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2017, 09:02:PM »

You may choose to hide away from an apparent and lengthy history of criminal offences towards women but these facts won't go away or disappear.

I've yet to witness Barry George make any apology for his behaviours and crimes prior to his arrest for murder.

I've also yet to witness his sister acknowledge her brother's issues related to his apparent disrespect and abuse towards women either.

he had q previous conviction i belive and nobody has published the details of that.

most of the other is just alleged so not even worth comenting on really.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2017, 09:11:PM »

I think you mean disregarded, and I completely agree. For him to be whisked away in a black cab after his acquittal speaks volumes.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2017, 09:21:PM »
I think you mean disregarded, and I completely agree. For him to be whisked away in a black cab after his acquittal speaks volumes.

Indeed I did.

The miscarriage of justice victim in this case is Jill Dando NOT Barry George.

Online lookout

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:PM »
I'll ask/tell Michelle to take a look at this thread.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2017, 09:54:PM »
I'll ask/tell Michelle to take a look at this thread.

I'm not even going to discuss this poor woman------I'll be e-mailing her !
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,7824.msg384396.html#msg384396

I should have realised that this would be dragged ceaselessly along knowing that I'm already singled out on the forum. Even Adam had a say about my posts,so the best thing all round is for me to leave the forum altogether,like others have done. I don't fit in do I ??
I'll miss it but I don't need cat-fights or the background gossiping that goes on so I'll leave you to it.
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8066.msg383005.html#msg383005

And you wonder why you feel the way you do  ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:56:PM by Stephanie »