Author Topic: Barry George should face a re-trial under the Double Jeopardy Law  (Read 20416 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Barry George should face a re-trial under the Double Jeopardy Law
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2017, 01:45:PM »
I don't believe that BG killed SD but I'm not sure I would agree with David Wilson either. If the programme had already been made and SD was just the presenter, I don't why she would be the target?

Jill Dando was targeted because of the nature of the programme she'd presented-----Crimewatch. It had been due to name,as they did so,gangs of paedo's/criminals,or those involved in such crimes.
It might well have been political too,we don't know.
It was scary enough when police in Rotherham did nothing when they'd known about gangs seizing youngsters to use for prostitution,so imagine if a broadcaster openly announced,or was going to do so,the can of worms that would have opened ?

Offline sandra L

« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2017, 02:07:PM »
If the murder was linked to the imminent exposure of the paedophile scandal, it could be seen that choosing Jill Dando as the target was a clear warning to the BBC to back off. But then, there are suggestions elsewhere that the BBC itself was implicated in the scandal. Who (or what group) would have the means and motivation to engage a professional hitman to commit murder in order to warn off the BBC?

The Serbian connection (brought about in part because the bullet found at the scene was "crimped", indicating that it was manufactured potentially in Russia, and in common use in the Balkans), was floated in part as an act of "retribution" for the blowing up of a Serbian tv station or, alternatively because of her fronting the charity supporting refugees forced out by Milosovic (or maybe both!) A Serbian journalist was shot point blank in the head on his doorstep 15 days before Jill Dando was murdered. (He had been critical of the Serbian regime).

If the Serbian story was to become the new line of police investigation, the paedophile connection would once again be buried. Yet investigators refuse to carry out any new investigation?

Offline lookout

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:PM »
I personally didn't believe in a Serbian connection at all. As for the gun that was used,these are available from any gang dealing with underground crime,and in this case to take the heat off the real perpetrator. A copycat crime involving corruption to a higher degree.

Offline sandra L

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2017, 02:48:PM »
I'm not saying I believe in either the Serbian connection or the imminent paedophile scandal - just thinking out loud, really. I don't know what to make of it.

The information about a possible Serbian connection was in police hands from very early in the investigation, but it seems they did nothing with it.

Did information about an investigation into a VIP paedophile ring come only from an anonymous ex-colleague of Jill Dando's, or was there a more solid link? From what I've seen (I have to say, though, I haven't done a proper search for this info) there was no programme made and ready to air - Jill Dando raised the questions, and wanted to do an official investigation, but it was never done?

I'll see what I can find on this later today.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2017, 02:59:PM »
I personally didn't believe in a Serbian connection at all. As for the gun that was used,these are available from any gang dealing with underground crime,and in this case to take the heat off the real perpetrator. A copycat crime involving corruption to a higher degree.

when this theory originated Brittan was at war with Serbia so it just be a bit recycled war propaganda.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2017, 04:08:PM »
you might think in a high profile murder the police would bother to answer the phone.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/%27INCOMPETENT%27+JILL+POLICE+LEAVE+HOTLINE+UNMANNED%3b+No+reply+for+2+days...-a060412355

Offline nugnug

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:PM »
What makes you think that I know anything about SH's confession ? I don't !

Your posts on this forum!

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4548.msg187237.html#msg187237
"Can you be sure that Steph hadn't known anything.? I ask because some of her posts bordered on the desperate and hysterical. It's a lot of years not to have known something.?
I'm not showing disrespect for Steph,but------------------------------------

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4548.msg187294.html#msg187294
"I've kept a lot to myself too,tyler as I knew from a good source quite some time ago. Months ,in fact.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4548.msg187480.html#msg187480
"Boheme,,no,,you're not the only one. It was a forced confession,,so you can read into that. He's being threatened,boheme. ( from the horse's mouth )

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4548.msg187482.html#msg187482
"I heard it from a retired cop,nugs.
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2017, 04:56:PM »
you might think in a high profile murder the police would bother to answer the phone.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/%27INCOMPETENT%27+JILL+POLICE+LEAVE+HOTLINE+UNMANNED%3b+No+reply+for+2+days...-a060412355

What about the flaws in the Billy Middleton case or would you prefer to brush these under the carpet.
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2017, 05:16:PM »
and why was a key witness not interviewed for 15 weeks.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/What+is+going+on%3f%3b+Three+months+on%2c+police+still+haven%27t+even...-a060220374

So what would you have done any differently Nugnug.

All your posts have one thing in common - you critisise everyone and anyone!

It seems all you are capable of doing is complaining, as opposed to doing anything proactive.

"A police source told the Sunday Mirror: "This couldn't have come at a worse time. The internal review found that officers were not thorough - they didn't do their job properly. A number of adults living in the same road as Jill had never been interviewed.

"They could have vital information, perhaps the detail that leads to a break in the case. It's basic detective work to interview everybody in the vicinity of a crime. They did not do this."

John O'Connor, a former head of the Flying Squad, said: "It is an absolute disgrace that the Dando inquiry team has made such an omission. There's no excuse. This error is unforgivable."

The revelation will put more pressure on Detective Chief Inspector Hamish Campbell, who is running the investigation.

"It was an oversight," said the source. "It happened because the investigation has been so huge and hectic. But it is embarrassing because the case is so high-profile and there are no prime suspects.

"The operation to interview every adult in Gowan Avenue will take up valuable resources. There are serious questions being asked at the highest level in the Metropolitan police."

The internal review of the murder investigation was completed in late June. The unit failed to uncover any significant new leads, but it did discover the detective work bungle.

The source said: "The news will reinforce the public's impression that the police haven't a clue in this case."

The investigation team has also been visited by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabularies. After 110 days, police admit they are still baffled by the murder. But Det. Chief Inspector Campbell says the killer will be brought to justice. He said: "The investigation is being pursued relentlessly." https://www.thefreelibrary.com/What+is+going+on%3f%3b+Three+months+on%2c+police+still+haven%27t+even...-a060220374

I feel certain a public enquiry will lead to the re-arrest of Barry George and because of the relentless nature of the police, they will eventually solve this case and put all conspiracy theories to bed once and for all.

Offline nugnug

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:PM »
What about the flaws in the Billy Middleton case or would you prefer to brush these under the carpet.

I'm not really bothred ask him about I thought we were discussing barry grordge/

why are trying to change you started in the first place.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:PM »
Dr Treadwell offers a reasonable and balanced approach, I thought.

I don't believe that can be claimed absolutely. Any C&A trousers (and, indeed, any article of clothing) made from the same fabric would shed identical fibres. The fact that Barry George had a pair of trousers that matched a fibre found on Jill Dando's coat isn't really evidence of anything - that fibre could have come from any number of garments.

The other thing that's worrying about this case (which didn't come out until recently (2015, I believe) were the death threats received by Jill Dando, Alice Beer and Anne Robinson, just weeks before the murder and the threats to Alice Beer and Anne Robinson just after the shooting. Why were those never investigated? Police didn't even bother to take a statement. Was it just coincidence that someone threatens to kill three well known celebrities, and a few weeks later, someone actually kills one of those celebrities?

The initial threats were made in hand written letters. It would have been open to police at the time to check the handwriting - would it have borne any resemblance to Barry George's writing? We'll probably never know now.

Why, also, did they ignore the advice of a clinical psychologist (brought in by investigating officers themselves) to check for any "suspicious communications" Jill Dando might have received?

There's also the claim that a man with a "mid European" accent called the BBC and claimed responsibility. For what reason were the police "sceptical" about this? At that time, they had pretty much nothing to go on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/secret-papers-reveal-shock-and-panic-that-swept-bbc-after-dandos-murder-1707904.html
I think had the Serbian hitman theory been correct it would have come out by now as somebody blabs in late night pub talk. The fact that there were no leads points in the direction of an off-chance killing by someone hanging around the area, a nonentity like Barry George who had been rejected by women and probably bore a pathological hatred for them.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2017, 06:39:PM »
Sadly,Jill died as a result of a programme that was to have been aired on the " gangs " of paedophiles/criminals that blight society. Someone didn't like what was to have been broadcast and as David Wilson had said,a " Mr Big " was hired to " shut the poor woman up " with a single shot to the head---which only a contracted killer would have achieved.
A week prior to the murder,Jill and also Alice Beer had received threats of " rape and murder " which seemingly went unnoticed ?

It was easy for police to focus on a " crank " neighbour,job done,and so a frenzy was whipped-up to lay blame on a man who,to the police,bore all the hallmarks of a " killer "even down to the last fibre of clothing.
Lack of compensation to this poor individual will be due to the fact that nobody will ever admit that they got the wrong man,because compensation equals admission !
Has Barry George been silenced/gagged ? I ask because with him living in Ireland,against his will,it would seem so to me.

What utter nonsense to blame this man for murder,when it's plain to see that his " pie in the sky " ideas of wanting to become a papparazi could only come from someone who dreams of becoming someone to be recognised.Next thing------a brain surgeon ? Sorry to be blunt but the man's as daft as a brush----in the nicest possible way.
Stefan Kiszko had been another easy target. I find it extremely unpalatable when those with learning difficulties are blamed for such crimes,particularly murder. It disgusts me.
Lookout I think you have to look at his previous history of rape, of attempted kidnap, of his obsession with guns and with following women. For me all the pieces of the jigsaw are there. How did anyone know that Jill was returning to her house that morning(she was living with her fiancé at the time)? It's yet another indication that the murder was committed by someone in situ who could escape quickly back to his flat and change clothing.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2017, 06:46:PM »
What utter nonsense to blame this man for murder,when it's plain to see that his " pie in the sky " ideas of wanting to become a papparazi could only come from someone who dreams of becoming someone to be recognised.Next thing------a brain surgeon ? Sorry to be blunt but the man's as daft as a brush----in the nicest possible way.
Stefan Kiszko had been another easy target. I find it extremely unpalatable when those with learning difficulties are blamed for such crimes,particularly murder. It disgusts me.

Once again, your clear lack of knowledge, bias and ignorance lets you down.

The following was published in the Guardian, which I might add Barry George and his sister did not sue for libel, because it was true!

"For legal reasons, the jury was not told that George has spent convictions for attempted rape and indecent assault.

He was also accused of assaulting his ex-wife a few months into their short-lived marriage.

Thirteen women had given statements to the police saying George had stalked them and there was evidence he had pestered hundreds of others who lived close to his flat in Fulham, developing obsessions that led him to behave in a threatening and frightening manner.

He followed one victim home, telling her: "Now I know where you live."

Police discovered George had compiled lists with the addresses, descriptions, photographs and car registration numbers of almost 100 women. Princess Diana's was among them.

There have been episodes throughout George's life that have defied rational explanation; he was once found hiding in the grounds of Kensington Palace, wearing a balaclava and carrying a knife, a poem to Prince Charles stashed in the pocket of his combat fatigues.

Yet none of this answers the question which has haunted the television presenter's relatives and friends since the moment the trigger was pulled. Why kill Jill?

Detective Superintendent Hamish Campbell, who led the investigation, believes George may have been obsessed with Dando, possibly because she was a celebrity, or because she was an attractive woman who lived nearby.

It is the detective's instinct that George had met her before, though there is no proof, and that George was a "very isolated, lonely and frustrated individual" who was "internally driven".

But could George have accosted Miss Dando on her doorstep and reacted violently when she tried to get away?

A handwritten note found in his messy groundfloor flat in Crookham Road may hint at the truth of what happened on April 26 1999. "I have difficulty handling rejection", George confessed. "I become angry ... it starts a chain of events which is beyond my control."

George seemed to know that there were flaws to his character; he told one woman he befriended that nobody really knew or understood him. "The me they know is not the real me. Perhaps I have another face."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2017, 06:49:PM »
It was more to do with Barry George that I returned because I felt pity for a poor man who wasn't able to defend himself.

So Lookout, why did Barry George commit previous offences towards women.

"But George was not just a performer. He could be predator too.

In March 1980 an actress called June Elvin, who had appeared in Ealing films and the police series Z Cars, was confronted by a man as she walked into the entrance hall of her block of flats in Barons Court, west London.

"He pulled open one side of the gates to the lift, I did the other," she said. "It was a tiny lift with only room for two. Halfway up he stopped the lift and attacked me. He tried to touch me, to put my hand up my skirt. I screamed and shouted and fought back."

The man fled when a friend of Ms Elvin's heard the commotion and ran to help.

Though he was acquitted of this offence inn June 1981, George was convicted of assaulting another woman.

According to reports of this case, George followed the civil servant and asked her out. When she rejected him, he grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt. He received a three-month suspended prison sentence.

Nevertheless, in late 1981 and early 1982 he was stopped by police on three different occasions over allegations that he was harassing women.

In February, 1982, George approached a 20-year-old languages student outside Turnham Green Tube station in west London. She thought he was a harmless eccentric. He walked with her and tried to impress her by saying "How are you?" in German.

In a dark stairwell outside her parent's flat in Acton, George attacked her. He clamped his hand over her mouth and pushed her arm behind her back. Terrified she was going to suffocate, she pleaded with him to let her go, but he con tinued, forcing her to the ground and pulling at her clothing.

The woman, who is now married with two children, claimed she was raped.

"She remembers the incident with clarity," said an officer from the Dando murder squad who went to see her. "She said Barry seemed to snap when she told him to 'fuck off'. He couldn't understand why she was pushing him away." As he ran off, he shouted that he was "sorry".

George denied the rape allegation and the prosecution accepted a guilty plea to a lesser charge to avoid a trial.

He appeared at the Old Bailey in March 1983 under the name Steve Majors (Lee Majors played Steve Austin in the popular series the Six Million Dollar Man). The judge was told he assaulted her because he felt "lonely and rejected".

George was convicted of attempted rape and sentenced to 33 months. He served 23 before being released.

How he was caught for this offence is a story in itself. On January 10 1983, the royal protection squad found George hiding in the bushes at Kensington Palace, wearing khaki, carrying a knife and a length of rope. He never explained why he was there and he was not charged with an offence because officers swiftly linked him to the sex attack.

Initially, George denied involvement, but a bright detective inspector trapped him by asking if he knew any German. George repeated the phrase "How are you?". He broke down and confessed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:59:PM by Stephanie »