Author Topic: Should child criminals be granted anonymity?  (Read 37121 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Should child criminals be granted anonymity?
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2018, 09:22:AM »
Nothing wrong in me pointing out that the law/justice is a**e about face is there ?
It certainly isn't me,but if it gives you something to b***h about----------carry on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:26:AM by lookout »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2018, 11:34:AM »
Nothing wrong in me pointing out that the law/justice is a**e about face is there ?
It certainly isn't me,but if it gives you something to b***h about----------carry on.
I just wonder what's going to happen in these rare instances where children have been named, and whilst a decade in some kind of unit offering therapy and making them face up to their crimes I would not argue against I ask myself what responsibility the purveyors of Pulp Fiction and Natural Born Killers have in all this.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/13/teenage-killer-of-teacher-ann-maguire-asked-classmate-to-film-attack

The Life Of Brian was too much for me..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:35:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2018, 11:53:AM »

One the one hand, you're arguing that the feelings of the family should be taken into account when sentencing but in another (where Jermy is concerned), the family should never have gotten involved. Perhaps the CPS should send you a list of cases ready for court and you can decide with your 'intuition' whether that person is guilty or innocent; then the court can decide which families will have a say!  ???
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2018, 12:30:PM »
One the one hand, you're arguing that the feelings of the family should be taken into account when sentencing but in another (where Jermy is concerned), the family should never have gotten involved. Perhaps the CPS should send you a list of cases ready for court and you can decide with your 'intuition' whether that person is guilty or innocent; then the court can decide which families will have a say!  ???

My argument is that victims don't have a say.Why do you think that these tragedies are brought up year after year ? So that the general public remain reminded of the heinous crimes which took place and where justice was never served to these people.
ALL the victims of horrendous historic child abuse were never granted the justice that they deserved. I feel very strongly about this and my heart goes out to the poor souls who suffered at the hands of some who held positions in " high places ".
Where was it I read that " our justice system is a joke ?" It's that alright !

Offline lookout

« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2018, 12:56:PM »
Rhys Jones's killer is due to be freed any time.
 A thug and a ne'er-do-well who'll be in and out of prison for the rest of his life--------or his crimes,like the the last for dealing heroin was dropped,will be covered up so as not to show him in a bad light,tsk.
Crime is laughing in the face of its victims. 
Sentencing is nowhere near severe enough for murderers.

Offline lookout

« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2018, 01:06:PM »
25 years since James was brutally murdered,it's been decided to hold a full-scale public inquiry into the investigation surrounding the child's murder.25 years ??
Many issues were " swept under the carpet ".  ( I've heard that before )

Offline lookout

« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2018, 01:54:PM »
So-called " experts " had insisted that Venables had been rehabilitated-------------WRONG ! An issue which is going to be investigated during the debate in Parliament. This is a new probe into this horrendous case.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2018, 02:16:PM »
I think it's these gangs which should be broken up, connected with the drugs issue and income inequality, all of which seem to have increased over the years.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:57:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline lookout

« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2018, 03:00:PM »
I think it's these gangs which should be broken up, connected with the drugs issue and income inequality, all of which seems to have increased over the years.

There's no doubt about that Steve. Gangs have bred career criminals which is a " habit " hard to break.

Offline Jane

« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2018, 03:09:PM »
I think it's these gangs which should be broken up, connected with the drugs issue and income inequality, all of which seem to have increased over the years.

What would be your answer to income inequality, Steve?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2018, 03:36:PM »
What would be your answer to income inequality, Steve?
Well let's look at Norway. It's not just one element but the totality which matters:people are willing to pay high taxes for good public services because they know what they're getting, and more importantly it is still a homogeneous society so there's less resentment all round, helped by a restrained Press, which does not whip up hatred at the first opportunity.

Offline Jane

« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2018, 04:21:PM »
Well let's look at Norway. It's not just one element but the totality which matters:people are willing to pay high taxes for good public services because they know what they're getting, and more importantly it is still a homogeneous society so there's less resentment all round, helped by a restrained Press, which does not whip up hatred at the first opportunity.

Mmm. Norway sounds like Utopia but we know it has it's own problems. I believe people here WOULD agree to paying higher taxes if they felt that most - even if not all - their needs were being met. We live in a society in which it appears that when one crosses the line between private citizen and MP, the old rules become eradicated and one becomes privy to an entirely new and personal to MP's set. We walk into council offices and witness the opulence of the decorations and soft furnishings. We're privy to the vast amounts spent on lavish entertaining whilst we see ever more and deeper cuts to our services. There was a time when bin men were proud to exhibit their prowess in carrying bins on their shoulders. Now, people in their 80's are required to wheel bins to the dust carts because the bin men won't negotiate steps or slopes. It MAY be a chicken/egg situation but my own feeling is that the health/well being of society starts at the top with leaders who have everyone's best interests at heart, rather than just the pockets of share holders in vast companies. There will never be perfect balance between those who work damned hard for every penny and those who believe it's a government's right to keep them, but it might help if the media ceased pushing it in our faces that such an attitude is alive and well.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2018, 04:40:PM »
Mmm. Norway sounds like Utopia but we know it has it's own problems. I believe people here WOULD agree to paying higher taxes if they felt that most - even if not all - their needs were being met. We live in a society in which it appears that when one crosses the line between private citizen and MP, the old rules become eradicated and one becomes privy to an entirely new and personal to MP's set. We walk into council offices and witness the opulence of the decorations and soft furnishings. We're privy to the vast amounts spent on lavish entertaining whilst we see ever more and deeper cuts to our services. There was a time when bin men were proud to exhibit their prowess in carrying bins on their shoulders. Now, people in their 80's are required to wheel bins to the dust carts because the bin men won't negotiate steps or slopes. It MAY be a chicken/egg situation but my own feeling is that the health/well being of society starts at the top with leaders who have everyone's best interests at heart, rather than just the pockets of share holders in vast companies. There will never be perfect balance between those who work damned hard for every penny and those who believe it's a government's right to keep them, but it might help if the media ceased pushing it in our faces that such an attitude is alive and well.
I agree that you can't extrapolate from one single country but being overpopulated doesn't help. Life has become inordinately stressful and the bin man is probably doing the work of someone else in addition to his own. Neighbours no longer communicate as they once did. Maybe if politicians had told the indigenous population in the 1960s that they would have to pull together a bit more as they did during World War 2 instead of importing millions of immigrants which brought their own problems in their wake we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2018, 04:51:PM »

My argument is that victims don't have a say.Why do you think that these tragedies are brought up year after year ? So that the general public remain reminded of the heinous crimes which took place and where justice was never served to these people.
ALL the victims of horrendous historic child abuse were never granted the justice that they deserved. I feel very strongly about this and my heart goes out to the poor souls who suffered at the hands of some who held positions in " high places ".
Where was it I read that " our justice system is a joke ?" It's that alright !

Bamber's relatives DID and you have criticised both them and the authorities for allowing it!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2018, 04:58:PM »
Bamber's relatives DID and you have criticised both them and the authorities for allowing it!

That's because I believe him to be innocent.