Author Topic: Law reform due to Ched Evans re-trial  (Read 2512 times)

Offline lilly15

Re: Law reform due to Ched Evans re-trial
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 11:20:AM »
I agree Justice. That is the best way that no one is named until at least charged. The innocent can be protected and others victims can be encouraged to come forward knowing someone else has come forward

There have been some horrific cases where people have been wrongly accused, even leading to suicide and that cannot be right

Victims should always be protected and never named

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 01:06:PM »
say youve been a victem of abuse at a certan place at a certan time as soon as the place and the tim is mentioned ou know exactly who there talking about you dont need to be told the name becouse its not a name your likely to forget in a hurry.

Offline LITD

• I stand against Injustice
    • light in the darkness
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 08:30:PM »
say youve been a victem of abuse at a certan place at a certan time as soon as the place and the tim is mentioned ou know exactly who there talking about you dont need to be told the name becouse its not a name your likely to forget in a hurry.

You would know but at least the public wouldn't know all about it and as in recent high profile cases things wouldn't become a witch hunt so easily
Always Say NO to injustice - Amy-Lou

guest7363

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 08:10:PM »

Offline lilly15

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 08:45:PM »
I feel sorry for them too. Watched them telling of their ordeal on This Morning They were only trying to do the right thing and make sure she was ok  :'(

guest7363

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 08:56:PM »
I feel sorry for them too. Watched them telling of their ordeal on This Morning They were only trying to do the right thing and make sure she was ok  :'(
Yes you could tell they were genuine, it must have been 2 years of hell for them?  I think the cps should have to make a decision within 6 months if charges are going to be made, or drop the case.

Offline lilly15

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 09:00:PM »
I cant even imagine what kind of hell it was for them. It was very obvious they were telling the truth and just glad the nightmare is over for them but like she says it will never really go away. It is way too long to be kept hanging. Even at the end though the statement from the accuser was standing by what they said

guest7363

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 09:08:PM »
I cant even imagine what kind of hell it was for them. It was very obvious they were telling the truth and just glad the nightmare is over for them but like she says it will never really go away. It is way too long to be kept hanging. Even at the end though the statement from the accuser was standing by what they said
Yes I read that Lilly, mind I wouldn't have expected any more, if she admitted she had made it up she would have been charged. 

Offline lilly15

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 09:13:PM »
Yes so the lies continue. Anyone watching will hopefully feel the same as us

Offline Caroline

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 12:41:PM »
surely it is better if both sides keep their anonymity until the case is decided  one way or another  or at least heard as trail by media can only cause problems for both parties .

I think the above is definitely fair comment.
Few people have the imagination for reality