Author Topic: Au Revoir guys!  (Read 1905 times)

guest154

Au Revoir guys!
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:17:AM »
It's time for me to ride off on my whitehorse and leave this place behind.

Now in my personal life it is the absolute right time for me to move on. Without giving you too many details and in order not to bore you - for the last few years I've been on/off dating the same person. There was a distance between us, couple hundred miles, which as you can imagine has made things emotionally difficult at times even in this age of technology.  Both of us have been hesistant to make the move. He didn't want to move up here, I didn't want to move down there.

But I can not stand the thought of spending another night alone or moving on when there is someone in this world that is perfect for me and is my soulmate in ever sense of the word.

So I've sold all my things. I've packed the moving van and I am off to be happy.

With all of that, it seems like a good time for me to say goodbye to the forum and the Bamber case. I don't see how debating this on the internet anymore can have a place in my life when I am going to be needed elsewhere.

I've met some good people here, Caroline, April, Petey, Andrea, Shona, John among others I have got close to and they've made this crazy place bearable.

I thought I would put the topic up to explain my absence and so you all know I didn't change my mind on guilt and run off, I believe Bamber guilty still and will always until it's proven otherwise.

Take care to those who will miss me! And those that won't.. I don't care I am heading towards a very happy life!  :)

:'( Bye Forum.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
Re: Au Revoir guys!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 10:09:AM »

Now in my personal life it is the absolute right time for me to move on. Without giving you too many details and in order not to bore you - for the last few years I've been on/off dating the same person. There was a distance between us, couple hundred miles, which as you can imagine has made things emotionally difficult at times even in this age of technology.  Both of us have been hesistant to make the move. He didn't want to move up here, I didn't want to move down there.

But I can not stand the thought of spending another night alone or moving on when there is someone in this world that is perfect for me and is my soulmate in ever sense of the word.

So I've sold all my things. I've packed the moving van and I am off to be happy.

With all of that, it seems like a good time for me to say goodbye to the forum and the Bamber case. I don't see how debating this on the internet anymore can have a place in my life when I am going to be needed elsewhere.

I've met some good people here, Caroline, April, Petey, Andrea, Shona, John among others I have got close to and they've made this crazy place bearable.

I thought I would put the topic up to explain my absence and so you all know I didn't change my mind on guilt and run off, I believe Bamber guilty still and will always until it's proven otherwise.

Take care to those who will miss me! And those that won't.. I don't care I am heading towards a very happy life!  :)

Does that mean you are putting your love life over and above your son? No mention of him Mat; not like you?  ::)  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:30:AM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

guest7363

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 12:10:PM »

Well done you Matt and all the best, your contribution and posts have always been sensible, you will be missed by me.  Having said that, I think the forum has run out of ideas and a lot of posters have given up.

Have fun Matt

Justice

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:22:PM »

I'm sure everyone respects your decision Mat, but do feel free to drop in on us from time to time. We can barely sustain the loss of any member at the moment.

Offline David1819

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:38:PM »
I'm sure everyone respects your decision Mat, but do feel free to drop in on us from time to time. We can barely sustain the loss of any member at the moment.

2012 to mid 2014 seems to have been the peek of this forum. Looking back at topics before I joined there are many good posts from many users that no longer sign on or post anything.  :(

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 01:08:PM »
Must admit I'll never announce I'm leaving a forum.

No matter what my domestic situation is, I'll always find time to post if there is something I want to say. It only takes two minutes to write a post. It's free to type and it's a subject that will always interest me. So no point announcing leaving a forum I have joined,  as may get the urge to type something in the next 50 years.

The case is ongoing with new accusations made in the media by supporters or guilters. New members might join with something to say. So there will be always be times when I want to post.

The easiest way to walk away and not return, would be to never log onto the forum again or read what the media are saying on the Bamber case.  But why do that when the case previously interested me enough to read about it and join forums ? Similar to a man liking football, it's not just something you can switch off from forever.

Grahame was the only poster to announce he was leaving. Only to return a few weeks later under another name. He seems to have left the forum again but made no announcement.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:24:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline andrea

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 01:02:AM »
Aww, see ya Mat.

Pop back from time to time.
Good luck for the future, take care and all the best.

Andrea xxx
On Ilkley Moor Baht'at.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 07:15:PM »

The best of luck Mat X  ^-^
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jan

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 07:36:PM »
Must admit I'll never announce I'm leaving a forum.

No matter what my domestic situation is, I'll always find time to post if there is something I want to say. It only takes two minutes to write a post. It's free to type and it's a subject that will always interest me. So no point announcing leaving a forum I have joined,  as may get the urge to type something in the next 50 years.

The case is ongoing with new accusations made in the media by supporters or guilters. New members might join with something to say. So there will be always be times when I want to post.

The easiest way to walk away and not return, would be to never log onto the forum again or read what the media are saying on the Bamber case.  But why do that when the case previously interested me enough to read about it and join forums ? Similar to a man liking football, it's not just something you can switch off from forever.

Grahame was the only poster to announce he was leaving. Only to return a few weeks later under another name. He seems to have left the forum again but made no announcement.

It's not all about you! Adam!

Sorry I missed the goodbye . Best wishes Mat. We had our spats but that's life

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 06:38:PM »
i have a funny feeling mat will be back.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 03:56:PM »
Does that mean you are putting your love life over and above your son? No mention of him Mat; not like you?  ::)  ;)

was that the son that never got any older.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 01:02:AM »

Well we have certainly been through the mill together haven't we. I always stuck up for you Mat and in the end it did me no justice. But, farewell and I hope all works out for you. :)

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 03:08:AM »
Hey Mat,

Wishing you both good health and happiness.

Pleased you've taken the plunge.

Happy Christmas mate. Xxx