Author Topic: Setting the record straight - B Wing HMP Full Sutton, 1989 to July 1990...  (Read 7784 times)

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
Mike I can vouch for the feeling of " being a monster " because you happen to support someone who " has murdered two little boys " and unfortunately mud sticks so what people can't say about you, they make up.

I'm in no doubt that what must have been pm'd between the guilters,and indeed said on an open forum,that between the pair of us we'd have a damning case against them,but hey-ho the day of reckoning so far as JB is concerned will loom ever closer and prove us both right.
very much looking forward to it :)

Offline lookout

Good.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
Good.
what sort of time scale are we talking about :)

Offline Jan

Why are you asking lookout about timescales? As we all know the legal system trundles along at its own pace with no intervention possible. As soon as another appeal , if there is one , is launched . I am sure we will all be aware at the same time.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
Why are you asking lookout about timescales? As we all know the legal system trundles along at its own pace with no intervention possible. As soon as another appeal , if there is one , is launched . I am sure we will all be aware at the same time.
the question was for lookout 'not you' she being in touch with jb  might know things other members dont.if you want to reply for her than please dont state the obvious
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:45:PM by sami »

Offline Jan

the question was for lookout 'not you' she being in touch might know things other members dont.if you want to reply for her than please dont state the obvious

Ahh my mistake. Thought you were winding her up.

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
Ahh my mistake. Thought you were winding her up.
not this time

Offline lookout

What a xxxx !!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:34:PM by maggie »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
The Governor at HMP Full Sutton, was a Mr Staples when I was on the same (B) wing as Jeremy (1989 /1990). He kept a small aircraft in a workshop garage inside the prison walls. He used to fly at the week-end from a nearby small airfield. Everyone thought it was hilarious that the governor had his own plane that he kept under lock and key within the confines of the prison walls. There was no prospect of any prisoner hijacking the plane and flying off into the horizon because there were anti aircraft measures taken on the sports fields preventing air craft from landing and taking off from there...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Jeremy used to go to gym classes in the evenings to keep fit, he was heavily into weight lifting...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
In those days I didn't need to go to the gym much because I was naturally fit and healthy. I suppose  it was this natural ability to be fit without the need to engage in weight training, and circuit training that almost took me into the limelight with the Scottish Champions (Celtic) as a professional footballer. 8th January, 1974, was the day I had arrived by train into Glasgow central, at the start of a month long trial, with the Lisbon Lions...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
In those days I didn't need to go to the gym much because I was naturally fit and healthy. I suppose  it was this natural ability to be fit without the need to engage in weight training, and circuit training that almost took me into the limelight with the Scottish Champions (Celtic) as a professional footballer. 8th January, 1974, was the day I had arrived by train into Glasgow central, at the start of a month long trial, with the Lisbon Lions...

I was 18 years old, and I was met at the train station by Sean Fallon, the then Caretaker Manager of Celtic Football club. I was supposed to have been greeted by Jock Stein himself, but he had been involved in a serious road traffic accident, and was hospitalised. Our local village football team (St Mary's Catholic football club) was managed by a boyhood friend of Jock Steins, named, Mr Hagatty. I used to play football on Saturday and Sundays every week-end. In the season prior to my departure up to Glasgow I had netted 74 goals whilst playing for teams on the Saturday and the Sunday. I was regarded as a prolific goal scorer, a talent which had been recognised since I was 14 years of age. As a schoolboy footballer, I was signed up with Huddersfield town on school boy forms. I had had trials with Hull city (as a goal keeper), with Shrewsbury Town, as an inside left, and Sheffield Wednesday as a centre half. When I went to Glasgow Celtic, I was being touted as a prolific goal scoring centre forward. But, Celtic already had a legend in the making, a bloke named Kenny Dalgliesh, he was a year older than me, but already somewhat established in the squad, and earmarked as a potential superstar of the future...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:52:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
On my arrival at Park head, on my 18th birthday, Mr Fallon introduced me to the club and Scotland captain, 'Bobby Murdock'...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:38:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Bobby Murdock was a cult hero in Scotland and around the world, it was a great pleasure for him to take me around Park head and show me the changing rooms, and the collection of trophies amassed by the club in recent times. One such trophy was a European cup. I remember feeling in awe of being in someone so famous' company. He was a gentleman and treated me with respect. One of the characters Mr Murdock introduced to me on that Sunday morning, was a wee genius footballer by the name, 'Jimmy Johnstone'. He was in receiving physiotherapy on that first day I spent at the club. What a brilliant introduction I was given by the club on that particular occasion...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Bobby Murdock was a cult hero in Scotland and around the world, it was a great pleasure for him to take me around Park head and show me the changing rooms, and the collection of trophies amassed by the club in recent times. One such trophy was a European cup. I remember feeling in awe of being in someone so famous' company. He was a gentleman and treated me with respect. One of the characters Mr Murdock introduced to me on that Sunday morning, was a wee genius footballer by the name, 'Jimmy Johnstone'. He was in receiving physiotherapy on that first day I spent at the club. What a brilliant introduction I was given by the club on that particular occasion...

Oh, the memories...