Author Topic: Setting the record straight - B Wing HMP Full Sutton, 1989 to July 1990...  (Read 7787 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
15 years later, there I was on B Wing, serving sentences totalling 60+ years, in the company of Jeremy, and other convicted murderers, terrorists, and armed robbers (there I was, in the flesh one of them, so far removed from a life style that could have been mine, if I had but knuckled down)...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:07:AM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
15 years later, there I was on B Wing, serving sentences totalling 60+ years, in the company of Jeremy, and other convicted murderers, terrorists, and armed robbers (there I was, in the flesh one of them, so far removed from a life style that could have been mine, if I had but knuckled down)...

To be truthful, I only ever played half a game with many of the Lisbon Lyons, and that was at Dunfermline. I was brought on at half time, scored a brillant goal but the referee disallowed it because one of our players had strayed offside. We scored twice more but both goals got disallowed for one reason or another. The game ended 0 - 0...

It had been snowing that particular week-end, hence why most of the first team were given a run out during the game. The first team game versus either Dundee, or Dundee United, had been called off due to the appallingg weather conditions. Which was the reason why I was only given half a game. I played my heart out but I simply wasn't up to scratch, so they released me back south to England. I wasn't disappointed, not in the slightest, because I reasoned that I was being compared to professional footballers who had all been very successful. It was an honour to have trained with the squad, and played half a game against Dunfermline...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:19:AM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
To be truthful, I only ever played half a game with many of the Lisbon Lyons, and that was at Dunfermline. I was brought on at half time, scored a brillant goal but the referee disallowed it because one of our players had strayed offside. We scored twice more but both goals got disallowed for one reason or another. The game ended 0 - 0...

It had been snowing that particular week-end, hence why most of the first team were given a run out during the game. The first team game versus either Dundee, or Dundee United, had been called off due to the appallingg weather conditions. Which was the reason why I was only given half a game. I played my heart out but I simply wasn't up to scratch, so they released me back south to England. I wasn't disappointed, not in the slightest, because I reasoned that I was being compared to professional footballers who had all been very successful. It was an honour to have trained with the squad, and played half a game against Dunfermline...
upon my return south to England I played for High Green Villa and we won 9 -0, I scored all 9 goals and got a standing ovation at the end of the game. That was one great memory that I will always remember and cherish...

Offline notsure

upon my return south to England I played for High Green Villa and we won 9 -0, I scored all 9 goals and got a standing ovation at the end of the game. That was one great memory that I will always remember and cherish...

hi mike, wow at least you have those memories. In life you only need to take one wrong turn and it goes doesn't it. My husband would probably be around the same age as you , he took the right turn and played professional football for nigh on 20 years.

don't dwell on what could have been though mike, cherish the memories but make new ones too, good ones that is. Try and enjoy your life. Life isn't all about getting job freed, move away from your horrible neighbours, get a different job,  anything that can take you away from the drudgery of it all.

It's never too late. But if you don't do anything different nothing will change.

I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back for everything you have done for jb and hopefully when he is released one day you can say , I helped him out.

Offline lookout

What a lovely and caring post,notsure.

Offline notsure

What a lovely and caring post,notsure.

thanks lookout

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
hi mike, wow at least you have those memories. In life you only need to take one wrong turn and it goes doesn't it. My husband would probably be around the same age as you , he took the right turn and played professional football for nigh on 20 years.

don't dwell on what could have been though mike, cherish the memories but make new ones too, good ones that is. Try and enjoy your life. Life isn't all about getting job freed, move away from your horrible neighbours, get a different job,  anything that can take you away from the drudgery of it all.

It's never too late. But if you don't do anything different nothing will change.

I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back for everything you have done for jb and hopefully when he is released one day you can say , I helped him out.

Thank you, for your advice, and encouragement...

Offline Jan

Mike , do you know if the defence ever saw Sheila's diaries?
also can you say how the Colp found the alleged suicide note?

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
stop talking rubbish mike ,you were never a cat A prisoner ,so you would NEVER  meet jb

Offline David1819

stop talking rubbish mike ,you were never a cat A prisoner ,so you would NEVER  meet jb

There are letters on here from JB to Mike. JB mentions meeting Mike in them. He is not talking rubbish here.

Offline Adam

'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

It was Mike who suggested to Jeremy that the latter regarded himself as an accomplice to murder, evoking in one of his more unguarded moments the remark "clever bastard" from this mass murderer, thereby admitting his involvement, however creatively his adherents care to dress it up..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:44:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Jane

It was Mike who suggested to Jeremy that the latter regarded himself as an accomplice to murder, evoking in one of his more unguarded moments the remark "clever bastard" from this mass murderer, thereby admitting his involvement, however creatively his adherents care to dress it up..

It rather has a ring about it of "Look mate, I know you're guilty. You know that I know you're guilty. Let's see what we can do about damage limitation".

Offline Caroline

Jeremy Bambers obvious guilt, about having shown his sister how to load bullets into a gun, was in my view reflected in his response to me once saying to him, 'I think Sheila had an accomplice', and 'I think that accomplice was you'!!

His sharp response, 'You clever Bastard'!!!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

Prison talk isn't it from someone who once wouldn't have said boo to a goose ?