Author Topic: Natalie Wood: murder, suicide or misadventure?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Natalie Wood: murder, suicide or misadventure?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 06:19:PM »
Fight or flight has nothing to do with drink. Drink impairs thought, slows down reaction time but makes you more confident.

Did you read what Christopher Walken said about the incident? Probably not!
Natalie Wood couldn't swim and had she not had a drink, she probably wouldn't have contemplated getting in the dingy (fears were lessened by the impact of alcohol). The ramp to the dingy was slippy so it's likely she slipped banged her head, knocked herself out and fell into the water.

The fact that Natalie wasn't a swimmer makes it worse as it was a known fact amongst the company.

I believe there was/had been an argument beforehand as I remember reading many years ago and life between the two stars had been rocky to say the least. Turbulent would be the best description.

Offline Jane

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 06:27:PM »

The fact that Natalie wasn't a swimmer makes it worse as it was a known fact amongst the company.

I believe there was/had been an argument beforehand as I remember reading many years ago and life between the two stars had been rocky to say the least. Turbulent would be the best description.

Whilst that may all be true, unless someone held her down and forced alcohol down her throat, as an adult, it was she who was responsible for what she drank, and the more she drank the more oblivious she'd have been to potential danger.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 06:45:PM »

Makes it worse for who? She CHOSE to leave the boat, that was her choice. Sadly being under the influence of alcohol, it was a bad choice. Perhaps they did argue but I don't think an argument has ever killed anyone - but bad choices sometimes do.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 07:15:PM »
Makes it worse for who? She CHOSE to leave the boat, that was her choice. Sadly being under the influence of alcohol, it was a bad choice. Perhaps they did argue but I don't think an argument has ever killed anyone - but bad choices sometimes do.

Arguments kill lots of people outside pubs/clubs------you read about them happening every weekend,so where've you been hiding ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 07:22:PM »

Arguments kill lots of people outside pubs/clubs------you read about them happening every weekend,so where've you been hiding ?

Alcohol fueled arguments often get out of hand.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 07:49:PM »

Arguments? Really? I wonder how many death certs have cause of death as 'An argument'?  ::)

They should rename this sketch 'The Suicide Sketch' - apparently arguments kill and he's ASKING FOR ONE!  :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkjDuSVXiE

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 08:23:PM »
Arguments? Really? I wonder how many death certs have cause of death as 'An argument'?  ::)

They should rename this sketch 'The Suicide Sketch' - apparently arguments kill and he's ASKING FOR ONE!  :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkjDuSVXiE

How many are killed with one punch ? Usually outside a pub or a club--------get real and read the news more.

Offline Jane

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 08:45:PM »

How many are killed with one punch ? Usually outside a pub or a club--------get real and read the news more.

Alcohol fueled one punches to (possibly) alcohol filled victims who hit their heads in a fall, as a result. Some ARE random victims.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 04:45:PM »

And on their death cert it has 'cause of death - an argument'? I'm really not even sure what point you're now making? Alcohol lowers inhibitions and the ability to make judgments. All you are doing is supporting what I have already stated but in a need (to once again) 'be right' you twist and turn it until it bears no relation to the original discussion!  ::)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 04:50:PM »
Alcohol fueled one punches to (possibly) alcohol filled victims who hit their heads in a fall, as a result. Some ARE random victims.

Point is. had they not consumed alcohol, they may not have argued and fought. It's not the argument that killed anyone (stick and stones .......) it was the bad judgement, (which may have been alcohol fulled) that led to the punch, that killed the victim. NW - alcohol, argument, bad judgment to leave the boat, accident - death. No ones fault!

Offline Jane

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 05:26:PM »
Point is. had they not consumed alcohol, they may not have argued and fought. It's not the argument that killed anyone (stick and stones .......) it was the bad judgement, (which may have been alcohol fulled) that led to the punch, that killed the victim. NW - alcohol, argument, bad judgment to leave the boat, accident - death. No ones fault!

As I said. NW was an adult. It was she -unless she was held down and forced to drink- who was responsible for how much she drank. I'm sure we've all stood up after a few and thought "Whoops" and we haven't been on a boat!!