Author Topic: The facts leading up to & following the Simon Hall confession  (Read 34631 times)

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:03:AM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
Re: The facts leading up to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 10:09:PM »
Public statements written (on this forum) by a family member about SH; aimed at me:

"He has a history that he shouldn’t be proud of and to be honest, stolen goods from 11 years ago are the least of his worries"

"I know you lack the ability to see reason sometimes as you have demonstrated on many occasions, possibly because of how involved you are with Simon"

"Simon publicly shamed himself with his outburst in my opinion"

https://therealmrshspoofblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/the-burglary-omission-smear-campaign-hindsight/

Then the fog lifted..
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:15:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

John

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 12:31:PM »
Such a shame that Simon wasted his life in such a dreadful way.  I wonder when it all went wrong for him and if the revelation that he was adopted had a detrimental impact on him?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:33:PM by John »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 11:18:AM »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 08:02:PM »
Quote from: JackiePreece on Today at 07:47 PM
"These people were acting in a professional capacity trying to establish whether or not a MoJ had occurred.  Can you provide any evidence showing they believed your late husband was innocent. I assume you believed your late husband was innocent or you wouldn't have married him"?

"What a thoughtful piece. What surprises me is how little media sneering there has been, and I’ve been trying to work out why. My sad conclusion is that it is yet another reflecton of the fact that miscarriages of justice have fallen so far off the public and media radar that we aren’t worth a story even when we get it wrong.
I don’t think it is right to put that down to the ending of programmes like Rough Justice and Trial and Error – their demise was the consequence of this apathy; the people who commission television these days just don’t ‘get’ these concerns – and if they do, they regard them, as did one head of Channel 4, as ‘rather eighties’. Civics is not top of the list in today’s media world. Maybe it’s because the Irish cases are no longer fresh; maybe it’s because emphasis on the victims of crime leaves less room for the concern over the victims of justice; maybe it’s because the CCRC is deemed to be there to put things right; maybe it’s because Thatcher’s children now run the media playground; maybe people have legitimate, new social, moral or political concerns; maybe because fewer people will have concerns about historic or intrafamilial child sex cases after the odious Savile.
My CCRC friends tell me that this just shows how ‘unsafety’ rather than innocence should be the criterion. I’ve never bought that. Such a view simply entrenches that bloodless tendency which reduces injustice to the formulaic, tick box exercise so comfortable for lawyers (one extremely grand lawyer believed the CCRC should be ‘the anteroom to the Court of Appeal’) I wanted to refer Simon Hall because I believed (wrongly) that he didn’t do it. I know it’s not very lawyerly, but I’m rather less interested in giving the guilty a get-out-of-jail-free card. Speaking only for myself, I think if I was incapable of imagining the plight of someone (Sally Clark, anyone?) who had lost freedom, family, hope for something he or she had not done…. then I might have gone into advertising instead.
It is a lesson for INUK that you always have to reserve a part of your brain for the possibility that the person you campaign for just might be guilty. A belief in innocence is vital, but not to the exclusion of key critical faculties. I’d like to hear from Michael Naughton on this.
So where do we all go from here – especially in a climate where more innocent people are likely to end up in prison? What’s needed is some sort of breakthrough in a whole category of cases; just as matters such as convictions based on identification, duff forensics or confessions made an impact that went beyond individual cases, so, perhaps, getting together behind those who have made the running on something like Shaken Baby Syndrome might be helpful in bringing home the double tragedy of bereavement and injustice. We have a tendency, us lot – and Julie has done us a service by laying it bare – to be proprietorial about our cases; a Jeremy Bamberite may not be on speaking terms with a Susan Mayite , an Eddie Gilfoylite may be mocked by a Brian Parsonsite. If we put our collective weight behind a class or category of miscarriage of justice – and we all know that many babies aren’t killed in the way it’s claimed, but sadly the best our honest defence experts can say is ‘we just don’t know how it happens’ – then this may be a way forward.

http://thejusticegap.com/2013/09/simon-hall-confession-a-time-to-take-stock/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:03:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:13:AM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 12:08:PM »
The following public statement was made in early 2013;

"The fact is you are right, Simon did make the wrong decision because if Steffie had stayed on you would never have got in. Amen."

The fact of the matter is she had already been ousted by the Hall family in 2007:

https://therealmrshspoofblog.wordpress.com/the-innocence-campaign/

17th August 2007 - "For some time now, differences of opinions have developed between Simon's family and myself and unfortunately, neither party were able to come to a positive resolution and as a result of this, I have been asked to leave."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:12:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 12:20:PM »

"The fact is you are right, Simon did make the wrong decision because if Steffie had stayed on you would never have got in. Amen."

The fact of the matter is she had already been ousted by the Hall family in 2007:

17th August 2007 - "For some time now, differences of opinions have developed between Simon's family and myself and unfortunately, neither party were able to come to a positive resolution and as a result of this, I have been asked to leave."

Therefore my advice to anyone supporting an alleged MOJ case;

Question why supporters are falling out with each other. Question the smear campaigns. Question the anomalies being told. Question why the person you are supporting doesn't sound like the person they (the alleged MOJ victim) are presenting to you and others. How many guises can one person have?
And how can one person cause so much damage?

And don't think you know better than someone before you. I was told by a previous campaigner that Simon Hall was a liar....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:59:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:PM »
Btw - "The JfS campain team" is not a spelling mistake on my part. The message has been posted as it appeared.

Easy mistake to make I know but was it a mistake? Or did the author find it amusing?

And the mistake occurred more than once on separate days...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:54:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 12:42:PM »

25th November 2007 - "A number of people have contacted us with regard to Simon’s website after
receiving unsolicited emails apparently representing Simon’s campaign. JusticeforSimon.co.uk is Simon’s ONLY OFFICIAL website. Please ignore and delete any other emails or contact from websites claiming to be campaigning for Simon and you may wish to reply asking to be removed off any mailing list justiceforsimon.co.uk is the only website that carries Simon’s authority backed by HIS legal team, and HIS immediate family who are running it."

21st May 2010 - "In Order to clarify the situation this website is now CLOSED.It has been operated by Simon’s immediate family (his parents Phil & Lynne and his brother Shaun) after it was felt the original site had run its course, and direction and impetus was required."

Simon Hall blogged on 3rd April 2010 - "In most of what I’ve seen from numerous websites and chat forums these personal slurs seem to be factually incorrect and based upon narrow minded opinion and one-sided hearsay. Come on people, perhaps you should sharpen your wits and not your tongues. Isn’t it that kind of cognitive distortion that got us all here in the first place?"

What is a cognitive distortion?

"Cognitive distortions are simply ways that our mind convinces us of something that isn't really true. These inaccurate thoughts are usually used to reinforce negative thinking or emotions — telling ourselves things that sound rational and accurate, but really only serve to keep us feeling bad about ourselves.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:54:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 01:55:PM »
27th Jan 2013
"Simon should also be a bit more dignified if he had any sense, why would he want you to openly insult people who worked hard for him, no matter what you think, surely it’s only going to make people think bad of him for having no humility and respect.

The point is Stephanie, I just don’t want to talk to you! You have destroyed my brother’s reputation and broken relationships all over the place, we have all learnt that you mean nothing and you are just full of air, nothing you say matters.

However, I certainly didn’t go around being nasty and ruining his character as you have done for the last few years.

This is what you do, taking the moral highground, as for your television show comment, this is my brother’s life you are talking about so perhaps you should grow up and do some work instead of wasting everyone’s time on here?"
https://therealmrshspoofblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/the-burglary-omission-smear-campaign-hindsight/

All statements made on this forum..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:03:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 10:07:AM »
Such a shame that Simon wasted his life in such a dreadful way.  I wonder when it all went wrong for him and if the revelation that he was adopted had a detrimental impact on him?

Following the inquest I will be publishing a series of letters written by SH..

He was fostered at 3 years old and adopted at around 7/8 years old..

I did not know him before he murdered so only have his accounts and the accounts of others.

I believe his detailed letters will help others decide for themselves..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:53:AM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 08:50:PM »

https://therealmrshspoofblog.wordpress.com/about/

A letter from 'a concerned supporter' has now been published on the timeline.

The 'concerned supporter' didn't have the courage to put their name to the letter but the content is self explanatory.

It appears the 'concerned supporter' may have been coerced to write/send the letter or maybe they really were genuinely concerned? Only they can answer that..

However if you scroll down to 4th February 2013 the 2 page letter can be found - the post date of the letter was the 4th February 2013 and the postal stamp suggested it was mailed from Edinburgh.. The letter refers to SH's blog dated 28th January 2013 https://therealmrshspoofblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/simon-halls-blogs/ which have now publicly been confirmed as having been written by Simon Hall.

I wonder if the 'concerned supporter' eventually realised SH was guilty and whether or not they felt any guilt for sending what they did?

It will be interesting to see how 'the concerned supporter' feels once the truth becomes clearer.. It will be even more interesting to establish why they allowed themselves to be sucked into something they knew nothing about in the first place..

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:03:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 09:06:PM »
Last Sunday (17th) marked 2 years since Simon Halls funeral and also marked our 8 year Anniversary. Although bitter sweet, I vow to tell Simon Halls story, warts and all.

The public has been mislead with false and inaccurate details about this case, so I will be ensuring the public are furnished with the facts - through Simon Halls writings and other factual evidence.

It is hoped these facts will go on to help others and highlight how smear campaigns can destroy lives and how there are people out there willing to say and do just about anything in order to save themselves - whatever the odds or consequences..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:17:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 09:17:PM »
Incidentally, once the inquest is over I will be naming the anonymous authors on the timeline and adding further factual evidence of other events that were being played out behind the scenes.