Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 22516 times)

Offline lookout

Re: EU Referendum
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2019, 04:44:PM »
I know tonnes of Leave voters. They knew perfectly well what they were voting for.  Severance from EU membership and institutions. It is some of the remain voters who are in complete shock about what this entails. Not the leave voters. I assure you, they are at ease! All knew there would disruption and some potential pain initially.

Roch I'm surrounded by Leavers and particularly across the water in Liverpool and I must admit that their sheepishness is evident among those who I know as they weren't expecting the fiasco that it's turned out to be, nor the many restrictions which could be in force.
Freedom of movement has always been the motto of this country which is why so many wish to come and live here and leaving the EU will desecrate trade to here. All this is doing is creating a division between us and Europe which is criminal as we've enjoyed years of peace with Europe and I was hoping to keep it that way.
As for the Irish border, we have a lot riding on keeping the Good Friday Agreement or else that's the end of the peace there too.
It appears that politicians are/seem intent on creating this division between countries. Why ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2019, 04:55:PM »
Whatever happens now we don't want or need a no-deal at any cost least of all a hard border with Ireland and its peace process coming under threat.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2019, 05:23:PM »
I know tonnes of Leave voters. They knew perfectly well what they were voting for.  Severance from EU membership and institutions. It is some of the remain voters who are in complete shock about what this entails. Not the leave voters. I assure you, they are at ease! All knew there would disruption and some potential pain initially.

Well, obviously that is the BASIC they were voting for but they had no idea of the shit storm it would cause and never gave a thought to the Northern Ireland problem because they didn’t know it would be an issue - hence they were not I full control of the facts!

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2019, 05:59:PM »
I don't mind a second referendum in a few years but out of respect for the 2016 result you have to implement that first.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2019, 11:06:PM »
You can now have your say in the forthcoming General Election of 12 December 2019:

If you want Boris Johnson's deal you can vote Conservative.

If you want to cancel Brexit altogether you can vote Lib Dem.

If you want a new deal followed by a second referendum you can vote Labour.

If you want a no-deal Brexit you can vote for Nigel Farage.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2019, 07:15:PM »
You can now have your say in the forthcoming General Election of 12 December 2019:

If you want Boris Johnson's deal you can vote Conservative.

If you want to cancel Brexit altogether you can vote Lib Dem.

If you want a new deal followed by a second referendum you can vote Labour.

If you want a no-deal Brexit you can vote for Nigel Farage.
If you want a decent NHS, welfare state etc you can vote Labour.  If you want a privatised or devalued NHS and deregulated workers rights and pay vote for Johnson.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2019, 10:17:PM »
If you want a decent NHS, welfare state etc you can vote Labour.  If you want a privatised or devalued NHS and deregulated workers rights and pay vote for Johnson.

I would break all of my fingers before voting for that lying SOS!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2020, 10:35:PM »

Offline sami

• Veteran Member
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2020, 10:48:PM »
seems like the illegitimate son of angela merkel n donald trump has won the election.the description is from rory bremner

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2020, 06:18:PM »
It's not looking bright for a stress-free trade deal: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51549662

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:PM »
A spotlight on the Norwegian referendum of 1972: https://youtu.be/TgPJv9_XEZg

Offline lookout

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2020, 10:54:AM »
80,000 needed on farms for fruit and veg picking !
Granted, many Europeans will think twice because of the shocking pay and conditions but this virus will also halt production.

People will have to revert back to the 50's that if you want fresh produce from a nearby farm---get it yourself/ pick/dig your own.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2020, 10:52:AM »
get it yourself/ pick/dig your own.
Recently, I asked someone I know whether they were okay in regards to food, and they replied they'd got eggs that they wanted direct from a farm.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2020, 07:29:PM »
Italy on the brink: https://youtu.be/SrdwoLZG3Ok