Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 22776 times)

John

Re: EU Referendum
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 09:12:PM »
My family is comprised of an ethnic mix but I don't regard my house as a cesspit.

I'm lucky that in my region of the UK we don't have this problem but I feel for people who do.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:13:PM by John »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 09:24:PM »
I'm lucky that in my region of the UK we don't have this problem but I feel for people who do.
I think your words are pretty offensive John, I have tried to justify them and not over react but they are still very offensive imo.

John

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26:AM »
I think your words are pretty offensive John, I have tried to justify them and not over react but they are still very offensive imo.

Everyone to their own maggie.  The vast majority of people in the UK do not want to see their communities swamped and their culture diluted by droves of immigrants coming into this country who care little for our way of life.  The only way this can ever be stopped is if we take back control of our country from those parasites in Brussels.

Vote leave for sure!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:47:AM by John »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 10:33:AM »
Everyone to their own maggie.  The vast majority of people in the UK do not want to see their communities swamped and their culture diluted by droves of immigrants coming into this country who care little for our way of life.  The only way this can ever be stopped is if we take back control of our country from those parasites in Brussels.

Vote leave for sure!
Everyone has a right to their own opinions but surely opinions should be based on fact and not on hysterical racist propaganda.  Of course cultural differences can be difficult but describing people of different  ethnic  backgrounds as living in 'cesspits' is racist and offensive and untrue.

There are plenty of British born Aryans who live in 'cesspits' in many town and country areas in this country.  I live in a country area and don't have to go far to see some disgusting dumps some 'rustic' locals have created.

We also have some Portuguese, Polish and other East Europeans in our very small town, haven't noticed any 'cesspits' appearing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:39:AM by maggie »

Offline lookout

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 12:40:PM »
 I think we'll see the end of our Royalty if it's to be a vote to stay in the EU. 10,000 miles away in Australia,the Prime Minister,Malcolm Turnbull ( Liberal and Republican ) is pressing for this country to remain in the EU. Obama,another Republican is also forcing the issue to stay in,along with most of our own politicians,Corbyn and Cameron the leaders. Power and control is what it's all about and is rarely in the interests of its peoples.
You've only got to look/judge the type of people that want to stay in Europe.!! Enough said.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 12:55:PM »
I think we'll see the end of our Royalty if it's to be a vote to stay in the EU. 10,000 miles away in Australia,the Prime Minister,Malcolm Turnbull ( Liberal and Republican ) is pressing for this country to remain in the EU. Obama,another Republican is also forcing the issue to stay in,along with most of our own politicians,Corbyn and Cameron the leaders. Power and control is what it's all about and is rarely in the interests of its peoples.
You've only got to look/judge the type of people that want to stay in Europe.!! Enough said.
With respect I don't agree Lookout, I believe the right wing in this country from politicians to the media want to be out for their on ends.  They want control back and the ordinary people will find they start losing the freedoms they have fought for. 
Do you think Boris Johnson wants to be out for any other reason than his own political ambitions?  Michael Gove is another one plus Liam Fox etc.   
Daily Mail, Express, S*n, Murdoch Press etc. 
I cannot see how Obama is any more of a republican than any other American except of course for members of the Republican Party.  Of course Boris Johnson seems to think the fact that his father is from Kenya and therefore Obama has Kenyan blood has something to do with it, maybe related to the fact he thinks all black people have Pickaninny Faces and Watermelon Smiles and maybe therefore cannot be trusted. :o
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:10:PM by maggie »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 01:08:PM »

Vote leave for sure!
But John most of our culture has been formed by immigrants, the majprity of the people of this country have immigrant ancestry.
Angela Merkel is no left winger but she has admitted so many immigrants into Germany because their population of young people is falling and they need immigrants to swell the work force in the future.  That is the reason and also the same reason that we need immigration, the government should do more and should build infrastructure such as new schools and hospital and housing to make room for these people and help them to integrate.
I do agree that immigrants should be helped to integrate more easily into society but most of those mistakes were made many years ago and have little to do with East European immigration but rather immigration from the Indian subcontinent etc.  It would have been better and maybe kinder to have helped these people to integrate rather than live in ghettos which has kept many poor and on the edge of society.  Integration is happening in younger generations but it probably could have been achieved earlier.

Neil

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 01:36:PM »
But John most of our culture has been formed by immigrants, the majprity of the people of this country have immigrant ancestry.
Angela Merkel is no left winger but she has admitted so many immigrants into Germany because their population of young people is falling and they need immigrants to swell the work force in the future.  That is the reason and also the same reason that we need immigration, the government should do more and should build infrastructure such as new schools and hospital and housing to make room for these people and help them to integrate.
I do agree that immigrants should be helped to integrate more easily into society but most of those mistakes were made many years ago and have little to do with East European immigration but rather immigration from the Indian subcontinent etc.  It would have been better and maybe kinder to have helped these people to integrate rather than live in ghettos which has kept many poor and on the edge of society.  Integration is happening in younger generations but it probably could have been achieved earlier.
Absolutely spot on!

John

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 01:51:PM »
Everyone has a right to their own opinions but surely opinions should be based on fact and not on hysterical racist propaganda.  Of course cultural differences can be difficult but describing people of different  ethnic  backgrounds as living in 'cesspits' is racist and offensive and untrue.

There are plenty of British born Aryans who live in 'cesspits' in many town and country areas in this country.  I live in a country area and don't have to go far to see some disgusting dumps some 'rustic' locals have created.

We also have some Portuguese, Polish and other East Europeans in our very small town, haven't noticed any 'cesspits' appearing.

It is only a matter of time.  These immigrants bring their backward cultures and their bigotries with them.  Whilst diluted in British society they are constrained but once they form greater numbers and then closed communities the same old behaviour usually raises its head.  You only need to look at Belgium and what is happening in some areas of Brussels which are virtually no-go areas to police.  Do we really want that in the UK?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:52:PM by John »

John

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 01:53:PM »

I totally agree lookout.

John

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2016, 02:02:PM »

Actually if you go back far enough the entire population of the UK have African ancestry but that isn't the point.  The point is that over 2000 years British and Irish peoples have come to be what we are today, forged by civil wars and conflict.  A civilised society with laws and respect for others, in many ways life in the UK is the envy of many other people around the world. We have to protect that society from those who would infiltrate and destroy it.

Allowing unfettered immigration of millions of Syrians into Europe as the Germans advocated was a recipe for disaster as Merkel found out.  It wasn't long before other countries took the Law into their own hands and put up the fences.  The European Union is a toothless entity incapable of controlling mass migration let alone providing protection to countries threaten by Russia.

We don't need migrants coming to the UK en masse, it has to be controlled.  The face of Britain has already been changed as can be seen in London and the Midlands by allowing generations of Indians, Africans and West Indians to come here.  Add to that the Russians and Eastern Europeans who have flocked here over the last few years for one reason or another.  Why should we allow an open door policy?  We are a small island nation, our society is being changed and for the worse imo.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:17:PM by John »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2016, 02:25:PM »
Actually if you go back far enough the entire population of the UK have African ancestry but that isn't the point.  The point is that over 2000 years British and Irish peoples have come to be what we are today, forged by civil wars and conflict.  A civilised society with laws and respect for others, in many ways life in the UK is the envy of many other people around the world. We have to protect that society from those who would infiltrate and destroy it.

Allowing unfettered immigration of millions of Syrians into Europe as the Germans advocated was a recipe for disaster as Merkel found out.  It wasn't long before other countries took the Law into their own hands and put up the fences.  The European Union is a toothless entity incapable of controlling mass migration let alone providing protection to countries threaten by Russia.

We don't need migrants coming to the UK en masse, it has to be controlled.
I will never agree with your opinions anymore than you will agree with mine and I accept that and leave it there.

I come from a city with the largest Irish and oldest Black and Chinese comunities in the country and we seem to be doing OK.
I still think your use of words such as 'cesspit' when alluding to other ethnicities are racist, insulting and unacceptable but that is just my opinion. 
I believe in the end the most important question for most people is economic and that is what will decide the results of this referendum as it decides every election.  Most people vote with their wallets when it comes to it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:28:PM by maggie »

John

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 03:00:PM »
I will never agree with your opinions anymore than you will agree with mine and I accept that and leave it there.

I come from a city with the largest Irish and oldest Black and Chinese comunities in the country and we seem to be doing OK.
I still think your use of words such as 'cesspit' when alluding to other ethnicities are racist, insulting and unacceptable but that is just my opinion. 
I believe in the end the most important question for most people is economic and that is what will decide the results of this referendum as it decides every election.  Most people vote with their wallets when it comes to it.

Immigration into the UK should be based on the Australian model where only immigrants with skills are considered. There should also be age restrictions and strict regulations governing their conduct whilst here.  Two strokes and your out for example.

Letting droves of uneducated skilless asylum seekers into the UK is a recipe for disaster and if it requires getting out of the EU to protect this country, so be it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:05:PM by John »

Offline lookout

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 03:36:PM »
 I was just about to talk about Australia. Having been there a few times to visit my family. It's only when you've had the misfortune to visit a GP there that you appreciate,or realise how stupid your own country is in offering such services free. It cost me an arm and a leg for a consultation,then prescription charges on top of that. I needed antibiotics so the visit was vital. I once had a troublesome wisdom tooth,but couldn't even get treated at all and was told to buy painkillers.
Aside of this,in the mid-80's the family had decided to emigrate to Oz where we had family there. What a performance ! Full medicals including x-rays,etc,which none of us groused about as it was expected,and it was all costly. Then applications for visas and a letter from the Royal North Shore hospital as proof of where I was going to work,being the main applicant. My family were the sponsors,so they were scrutinised too,even though they had gone through all the practicalities,etc a few years previous.
You CANNOT get into Australia without permits,which are checked at immigration,and we had a family there with Aussie kids too.
However,after being given a date to emigrate,my husband sadly lost his sister and there was that much to do that Aus. had to go on the back burner.Then I lost my mother.I swear to this day that the reason for their deaths was that we'd told them we were emigrating.
However,this shows how difficult it is to enter the country,and they're tough on those who try it illegally,believe me,I've seen it happen. I've seen a few front doors bashed in by police and immigration.

The trouble with this country is as Maggie had said,there was nothing in place after entry------homes.
I can see Cameron's face now as he delivered his sickening speech welcoming those from the Eastern Bloc to enter in their hordes------oh,come in,etc etc,as if he was doing everyone a favour. Well he's done the complete opposite ! No arrangements or anything in place,nowhere for them to live,no jobs,the NHS bursting at the seams and GP surgeries unable to cope with the influx.
How can it be right and proper for these immigrants to sleep in the streets,airports,and underground tunnel areas ? Hard working people have to use these facilities daily and pass the heaps of bodies,while risking being robbed at the same time. What on earth were politicians thinking about ? 
I would definitely kick-off if I had to step over bodies to get to work. This country's a joke.!!

John

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 05:25:PM »
I was just about to talk about Australia. Having been there a few times to visit my family. It's only when you've had the misfortune to visit a GP there that you appreciate,or realise how stupid your own country is in offering such services free. It cost me an arm and a leg for a consultation,then prescription charges on top of that. I needed antibiotics so the visit was vital. I once had a troublesome wisdom tooth,but couldn't even get treated at all and was told to buy painkillers.
Aside of this,in the mid-80's the family had decided to emigrate to Oz where we had family there. What a performance ! Full medicals including x-rays,etc,which none of us groused about as it was expected,and it was all costly. Then applications for visas and a letter from the Royal North Shore hospital as proof of where I was going to work,being the main applicant. My family were the sponsors,so they were scrutinised too,even though they had gone through all the practicalities,etc a few years previous.
You CANNOT get into Australia without permits,which are checked at immigration,and we had a family there with Aussie kids too.
However,after being given a date to emigrate,my husband sadly lost his sister and there was that much to do that Aus. had to go on the back burner.Then I lost my mother.I swear to this day that the reason for their deaths was that we'd told them we were emigrating.
However,this shows how difficult it is to enter the country,and they're tough on those who try it illegally,believe me,I've seen it happen. I've seen a few front doors bashed in by police and immigration.

The trouble with this country is as Maggie had said,there was nothing in place after entry------homes.
I can see Cameron's face now as he delivered his sickening speech welcoming those from the Eastern Bloc to enter in their hordes------oh,come in,etc etc,as if he was doing everyone a favour. Well he's done the complete opposite ! No arrangements or anything in place,nowhere for them to live,no jobs,the NHS bursting at the seams and GP surgeries unable to cope with the influx.
How can it be right and proper for these immigrants to sleep in the streets,airports,and underground tunnel areas ? Hard working people have to use these facilities daily and pass the heaps of bodies,while risking being robbed at the same time. What on earth were politicians thinking about ? 
I would definitely kick-off if I had to step over bodies to get to work. This country's a joke.!!

An excellent post lookout.  Strangely the same thing happened to me just as we were about to move to Spain in 2000.  It took a year to sell our house in Scotland and we set off on completion for what was to be a week or so in Ireland to visit my mum.  No sooner had we arrived but she took ill, she was sent into hospital two weeks later for a scan, she never came out!  Her idiot GP had been treating her for osteoporosis when all along she had cancer which originated from a lump under her arm but had spread terribly.

We had no option but to put our plans on hold and six months later we set off.  I still wonder to this day if only we had stayed would events have turned out differently.

The UK has been looked at as a soft touch for years, successive governments have all had their own agendas for encouraging immigrants.  It has got to stop but there is a ground swell of people at the moment who have had enough of it.  I am lucky in that where I reside in the UK the immigrant is almost unheard of except for a few Poles.

Long may it last!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:34:PM by John »