Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 22363 times)

Offline buddy

Re: EU Referendum
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 09:40:AM »
There is a lot of things that peeve me about the EU, just to mention a few.
1 bent cucumbers
2 potato size
3 fishing quotas
4 unfairness to british farmers
The end is almost endless with these stupid rules, also the wages they earn,not to forget the  leftist EU ministers.
After all that I still believe that we are better in than out.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 11:58:AM »
I have enjoyed watching Boris Johnson on 'Have I Got News For You', over the years.

The obsession with all things 'celebrity' in this country, drives me mad.
I agree but Boris has exploited his 'celebrity' fame by acting like a buffoon on Have I got New For You' etc and yes he was funny on that but I think it's contrived, he's ruthlessly ambitious imo
Cannot bear the thought of living in a country with Boris Johnson as PM.

Offline susan

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 12:05:PM »
I agree but Boris has exploited his 'celebrity' fame by acting like a buffoon on Have I got New For You' etc and yes he was funny on that but I think it's contrived, he's ruthlessly ambitious imo

Maggie I kinda like Boris and think behind the buffoon is a very clever man.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 12:22:PM »
Maggie I kinda like Boris and think behind the buffoon is a very clever man.
I know he's a clever man but I don't agree with his right wing philosophy one bit. xxx

Offline susan

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 12:40:PM »
I know he's a clever man but I don't agree with his right wing philosophy one bit. xxx

Maggie :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline lookout

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 01:53:PM »
I'm pretty well divided about this.
Would leaving the EU halt the £350 million a week that goes there, benefitting our own citizens instead ?

If there was to be a " strike " from Russia,would we get the support from Europe if we vote out ?

This country will still remain trading with the rest of the world as it always has done ( out-vote )

We're already being dictated to by the EU.Are we still willing to allow them full control of how we run our own country ?

I think those of us who are older citizens are more likely to vote out/exit.

A lot will yet depend on whether all questions regarding this " move " will be answered honestly,for and against.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 03:47:PM »

Can't stand him, he's an arse! Bumbling idiot!
Few people have the imagination for reality

John

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37:PM »
I'm pretty well divided about this.
Would leaving the EU halt the £350 million a week that goes there, benefitting our own citizens instead ?

If there was to be a " strike " from Russia,would we get the support from Europe if we vote out ?

This country will still remain trading with the rest of the world as it always has done ( out-vote )

We're already being dictated to by the EU.Are we still willing to allow them full control of how we run our own country ?

I think those of us who are older citizens are more likely to vote out/exit.

A lot will yet depend on whether all questions regarding this " move " will be answered honestly,for and against.

It's nice to be able to agree with you for a change lookout.  The people of the UK are being fed the lie continually that we are dependent upon the EU for trade and for security, neither is true.  A mere 9% of the UK's GDP is trade with Europe, this is a paltry amount so leaving the EU will have no impact. What will impact however is that we will be able to tear up the existing trade agreements which are biased towards the EU.  The EU needs the UK and its buying power much more than we need it.  Consequently, leaving the EU will allow the UK to again strike deals which benefit us and not the rest of Europe.  As an example, European car manufacturers flood the UK with their products at inflated prices.  Once we are free from the customs tariffs imposed by the EU we will be able to buy cars at the price we want and not at the price they want to sell them.  The reason for this is simple, they need to flog us cars but we will be free to choose what to buy.

The UK has a cost of living 8% higher than it need be simply because of the EU imposed trade barriers.  We are forced to pay overinflated prices because of EU trade agreements.  Agreements which were put into place to protect the poorer States within the EU.  The UK is subsidising those poorer States to the tune of some £3 billion each and every year. The UK pays in some £10 billion into the EU every year but only gets back about £6 billion in so-called EU projects.  Better we keep the £10 billion and fund our own projects, why should the UK pay for impoverished former Soviet Bloc States?

Finally, much has been made of our national security which the stay campaigners claim will be jeopardised. The truth here is that the EU is a toothless dinosaur. If push came to shove the EU could do little if anything.  The EU cannot even deal with the migrant crisis with any consensus so expecting European States to act together in the face of Soviet aggression is a joke.  It is NATO we look to for security and not the EU.

The EU wants to dictate to us how many migrants we can take, they want to flood our towns and cities with people who have no cultural link to our country, this is unacceptable.  We need to control our borders, we need to be able to deal with illegal immigrants effectively and we can only do so out with the EU.

We don't need the EU, it is merely a staging post en route to a federal entity called the United States of Europe. It has destroyed many of our industries and alienated us from our traditional trading partners around the world.  The people shouting loudest about remaining in the EU have vested interests in doing so but then that is no surprise.  The vast majority of people in the UK have at last seen through this charade and will have the greatest opportunity since the end of the second world war to forge our own destiny.

The sooner we get the hell out the better!   

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:01:AM by John »

Offline lookout

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 10:53:AM »
Agreed John.
It'll mark the end of a once Great Britain,a nation in which the rest of the world looked up to-------and who now walk all over it !!

Neil

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 07:38:PM »
Michael Gove.....a generally unpopular politician, leading the leave campaign.

Gove and Cameron, old muckers who go way back, otherwise tightly in political allegiance.

Could he be a plant?

Am I beginning to sound like Mike?

Offline susan

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 08:03:PM »

Gove and Cameron, old muckers who go way back, otherwise tightly in political allegiance.

Could he be a plant?

Hahaha Neil you could well be right all fair in love and politics :))

John

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 08:47:PM »

Could he be a plant?

Never liked Gove but his speech today was spot on.  The EU is a dead duck the minute the UK leaves it so who gives a toss about consequences.  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:48:PM by John »

Offline lookout

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 11:14:AM »
I thought I'd heard all the " scary,fairy stories " on leaving the EU,but here's a cracker : Brits going abroad on the continent will need visas.  :o
Nothing about those coming into the UK though. ::)

John

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 08:25:PM »
I think the question we should all be asking is, do we want out towns and villages to end up like London.  An ethnic and multicultural cesspit!

If you don't then Vote LEAVE!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:26:PM by John »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:PM »
I think the question we should all be asking is, do we want out towns and villages to end up like London.  An ethnic and multicultural cesspit!

If you don't then Vote LEAVE!!
My family is comprised of an ethnic mix but I don't regard my house as a cesspit.