Author Topic: Psychiatrists diagnose Peter Sutcliffe as recovered (burned out) of Paranoid Schizophrenia  (Read 8621 times)

Offline Adam

There is a programme about Peter Sutcliffe now.

The police made said they interviewed him 9 times before he was accidentially caught. One interview at his home lasted 3 hours.

Thought there was enough to get a search warrant
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

There is a programme about Peter Sutcliffe now.

The police made said they interviewed him 9 times before he was accidentially caught. One interview at his home lasted 3 hours.

Thought there was enough to get a search warrant
I don't believe he ever had schizophrenia, but learned how to feign the symptoms from his wife, who suffered from the illness.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
I don't believe he ever had schizophrenia, but learned how to feign the symptoms from his wife, who suffered from the illness.
That is possible, as a psychopath he would be able to mirror other people's behaviour.

Offline Adam

It seems Sutcliffes wife was present at most of the 9 interviews. And helped confirm his false alibi's over several years.

Whether she did this deliberatly or not, I don't know. She may have been unsure of the dates but wanted to believe her husband was innocent. So just backed up Sutcliffe's lies.

I wonder what she felt when the photofit was released to the public which looked just like Sutcliffe  & it was said the ripper had a gap in his teeth.

Julie getting crucified for staying loyal to Bamber for only 20 days seems very unfair.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:34:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
I'm not the only one who disbelieves Sutcliffe's "illness". The cop who put him behind bars didn't believe that he'd "heard voices in his head". He was just evil, said the cop, who is now getting on in years.
So everyone has a "nature" that doesn't change, and if you happen to be evil, you're evil until you die. Is that your view? If so, when does this evil nature start? When you're conceived? When you're born?

Offline lookout

So everyone has a "nature" that doesn't change, and if you happen to be evil, you're evil until you die. Is that your view? If so, when does this evil nature start? When you're conceived? When you're born?

Many people including some of those who investigate child murderers conclude that they are born evil.

Offline Jane

Many people including some of those who investigate child murderers conclude that they are born evil.

And others conclude that we are all born tabula rasa, with which I'm inclined to concur. However, genetics, which are responsible for certain proclivities have to come into the equation, but whether these proclivities ALWAYS emerge, is debatable.

Offline lookout

And others conclude that we are all born tabula rasa, with which I'm inclined to concur. However, genetics, which are responsible for certain proclivities have to come into the equation, but whether these proclivities ALWAYS emerge, is debatable.

Genetics do play a large part going back through the years ( ancestry ) where a generation could " skip " to reveal a family of baddies in the next one.
It's a possibility that by going back into a family history it will show some sort of criminality particularly with these sort of families.

Offline Jane

Genetics do play a large part going back through the years ( ancestry ) where a generation could " skip " to reveal a family of baddies in the next one.
It's a possibility that by going back into a family history it will show some sort of criminality particularly with these sort of families.

Exactly the same applies to addictive personalities.

Offline lookout

Exactly the same applies to addictive personalities.

And other ailments and illnesses.

Offline Jane

And other ailments and illnesses.

Though NONE -although chances are high of it happening- are guaranteed to be passed down to the next generation and/OR to all members of the next generation. In experiments done on separated twins of drug addicted/alcoholic parents, the twin who was removed to a teetotal family never learned to like alcohol or experiment with drugs. Sadly, it wasn't the case for the other twin. Sometimes nurture lends nature a helping hand.