Author Topic: Who has more rights thirty years on: Jeremy or Colin?  (Read 167181 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Who has more rights thirty years on: Jeremy or Colin?
« Reply #1635 on: July 15, 2017, 06:38:PM »
To be fair it doesn't actually state that Jeremy had seen the deed of covenant or even got wind of June's future plans for Sheila, but given that Nevill told Barbara they should consider getting a new safe key and Jeremy's concerns that his mother might change her will in favour of the Church as narrated by Julie the finger of suspicion does lie in the direction of Jeremy wanting to claim his inheritance whilst it remained at its zenith.

Oh I agree, Steve. However, as it was suggested that "Jeremy wouldn't have been the only one to see that..............." it sounded as if Jeremy HAD seen it and I was just wondering who, OTHER than Jeremy might have, coincidentally, sneaked in to take a sneaky look to see what could be found which was of interest, and WHY?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1636 on: October 21, 2019, 07:27:PM »
Jeremy's legal team have no consideration whatsoever for what Colin must have endured these last few days.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:27:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1637 on: October 21, 2019, 07:44:PM »
Jeremy's legal team have no consideration whatsoever for what Colin must have endured these last few days.

Why would they? Their job is to get Jeremy acquitted.

I hope Colin has found peace though.  I don't think people appreciated what he lost - it was all about the other lot.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1638 on: October 21, 2019, 07:46:PM »
Why would they? Their job is to get Jeremy acquitted.

I hope Colin has found peace though.  I don't think people appreciated what he lost - it was all about the other lot.
Well they haven't done very well so far. Just dredged up niggling loose ends.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1639 on: October 21, 2019, 07:53:PM »
Well they haven't done very well so far. Just dredged up niggling loose ends.

Agreed, but that wasn't the point of my post. I don't know why they're encouraging appeals based on such flimsy information.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1640 on: October 21, 2019, 08:02:PM »
Agreed, but that wasn't the point of my post. I don't know why they're encouraging appeals based on such flimsy information.

That's really the point!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1641 on: October 21, 2019, 08:04:PM »
Well they're not doing it to piss Colin off. That was my point.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1642 on: October 21, 2019, 08:05:PM »
Well they're not doing it to piss Colin off. That was my point.

No, but I suspect he's had enough of seeing such headlines.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1643 on: October 21, 2019, 08:11:PM »
No, but I suspect he's had enough of seeing such headlines.

Maybe, but lawyers don't take into consideration who might be pissed off about headlines. If they did, no case would get to court.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1644 on: October 21, 2019, 08:18:PM »
Maybe, but lawyers don't take into consideration who might be pissed off about headlines. If they did, no case would get to court.

No, but they really should consider the strength of something they refer to as 'compelling' because if it's not they will piss off the CCRC which is something they should care about.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1645 on: January 25, 2020, 03:51:PM »
In Search of the Rainbow's End (cont..)

In the Shadow of Angels

After this book was originally completed in 1994, I felt I had crossed a threshold. The extraordinary journey of my life continued, bringing numerous opportunities that I would continue to grasp with both hands. Having said this, I also yearned to be "normal" again, to be ordinary, but that was never going to be possible. Even though I was now completely at peace with my losses, I had to accept that there was a dark back story to my life that I was destined to live in the shadow of. In the same way that one can never get close to the end of a rainbow, this shadow followed me wherever I went.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1646 on: January 25, 2020, 03:56:PM »
When I eventually remarried  and began a new family this became even more challenging, especially for them. Having an unusual surname didn't help. There were many times I considered changing it, but by so doing I would render myself untraceable to everyone including friends and acquaintances. This would also negate any history of my creative achievements.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1647 on: January 25, 2020, 03:58:PM »
It was inevitable that Jeremy's attempts to appeal against his conviction would regularly hit the news-stands but on the whole, I tended to turn a blind eye and get on with my life. As far as I was concerned, the conviction was safe and not worth thinking about.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:59:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1648 on: January 25, 2020, 04:06:PM »
Although I had moved on, it seemed the rest of the world had not, and with this I continued to experience a real sense of loneliness born out of endless stereotypical projections of how people imagined I should be, once they realized who I was and what I had been through. Over the years it was clear from people's reactions that I would be forever seen as a "victim" and had to fight to earn the more realistic epithet of "triumphant survivor", as I was once described in Good Housekeeping magazine. I could understand that meeting me confronted many with their worst nightmare, especially if they had children themselves, but they often didn't stick around long enough to find out that I was actually human, with a very positive outlook on life.

Offline lookout

« Reply #1649 on: January 25, 2020, 04:07:PM »
Why would it have been inevitable that Jeremy would attempt an appeal ? Surely if someone had known for sure that he'd committed mass murder that it would be the total ending to an appeal of any sort ?