Author Topic: Who has more rights thirty years on: Jeremy or Colin?  (Read 91622 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Who has more rights thirty years on: Jeremy or Colin?
« Reply #1650 on: January 25, 2020, 04:12:PM »
We all know that many in JB's quarter of Wakefield prison would have been laughed out of court if they'd even attempted to have appealed, it's that sort of a prison isn't it ? So why Jeremy ?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1651 on: January 25, 2020, 04:14:PM »
He goes on to discuss his projects including the anger and grief workshops, and charity work he did to alleviate the suffering of children traumatised by the Yugoslavia crisis in 1992. He continues:

Looking back, I think my relationship with those wonderful young people helped pave the way for the next stage of my life, becoming a husband and father again. I finally felt ready to settle down but as it turned out not with Jill, the woman with whom I had spent a big part of my adult life.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1652 on: January 25, 2020, 04:14:PM »
We all know that many in JB's quarter of Wakefield prison would have been laughed out of court if they'd even attempted to have appealed, it's that sort of a prison isn't it ? So why Jeremy ?
Well he wasn't in Wakefield all the time, was he?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1653 on: January 25, 2020, 04:15:PM »
Why would it have been inevitable that Jeremy would attempt an appeal ? Surely if someone had known for sure that he'd committed mass murder that it would be the total ending to an appeal of any sort ?
I suppose because he had always claimed innocence the lawyers would be pushing for it.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2020, 04:19:PM »
Jill and I were together for the second time in our lives for about eight years. In many ways it was as if we had been married. Jill was a long-haul airline stewardess with a passion for literature and I was struggling to write this book and make some sense of the appalling tragedy that had befallen my family. It also felt safe because, like Heather and a few others, Jill knew the twins-and that was very important to me then.

Offline lookout

« Reply #1655 on: January 25, 2020, 04:19:PM »
Well he wasn't in Wakefield all the time, was he?

No, but he continued as a Cat A prisoner wherever he was.

Offline lookout

« Reply #1656 on: January 25, 2020, 04:20:PM »
I suppose because he had always claimed innocence the lawyers would be pushing for it.

Why do you think that any lawyer would stick their neck out ?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1657 on: January 25, 2020, 04:24:PM »
If the truth be known, we were an ideal match during that period, because I needed the time and mental space to write and reflect on the journey of my life; she fulfilled her passion for travel and the time it gave her for reading. On her returns she would be my toughest critic, cross-examining every nuance of my thought processes, but when the book was finished, it left little to sustain the relationship. By the time it was published, although still good friends, we had parted again.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1658 on: January 25, 2020, 04:25:PM »

Why do you think that any lawyer would stick their neck out ?
I don't know but he's got through enough necks. Are some still working pro bono or hoping for the anticipated compensation?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:26:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline lookout

« Reply #1659 on: January 25, 2020, 04:29:PM »
I don't know but he's got through enough. Are some still working pro bono or hoping for the anticipated compensation?

I would think that money plays a big part at the stage where the lawyers are at presently as does their success at winning the case.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1660 on: January 25, 2020, 07:22:PM »
A few more years passed with one final attempt to make it work, but that also failed. Neither of us had ever felt completely settled together, but without Jill I may never have finished the book. I will always love her for the way she stuck by me through the most difficult times-a bit like a mother-and that, I suspect, is why things would never have worked. She gave me the world, literally, with her airline travel concessions, but knew I had to grow up and leave home.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1661 on: January 25, 2020, 09:50:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1662 on: January 25, 2020, 09:51:PM »
Chapter 30 to follow next week..

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1663 on: January 30, 2020, 07:34:PM »
Chapter 30 to follow next week..
I first met my second wife, Sally, at the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland. I was one of a number of invited speakers at their 1998 Easter conference on the subject of "Conscious Living and Conscious Dying". I was also going to be giving a clay workshop as an experimental demonstration of one of the ways I worked with people in groups. Needless to say, I was feeling very nervous about speaking in front of over three hundred people, especially knowing that many were leading lights in the New Age movement.

Findhorn's co-founder, Eileen Caddy, came in one door to hear me. Phyllis Krystal, author of Cutting the Ties That Bind, through another. Jill, whom I hadn't seen since we finally split up six months earlier, was also there, having stayed on to help out after another workshop the previous week. Seeing all three come in, I reached for the hand of my friend Sarah Boyle (wife of ex-convict and sculptor, Jimmy Boyle), who was sitting next to me at the time. Then Sally walked in, looking more glamorous than was usual for Findhorn. She was there to cover the conference on behalf of Positive News, a journal that focused specifically on good news.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #1664 on: January 30, 2020, 07:38:PM »
Sally introduced herself to me straight after the talk, saying that she had already put her name down for my workshop that afternoon. She had seen that the list was full, but added her name anyway. On hearing this, I pointed out that she could only take part if someone else dropped out. Luckily for her, and for me, someone did.