Author Topic: What Is The Long Term Answer To This Ongoing Problem?  (Read 10535 times)

Offline Jane

Re: What Is The Long Term Answer To This Ongoing Problem?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:PM »
I would be inclined to go with the opinion of those that moderate, or have moderated in the past, when it comes to deciding whether to open the forum to all. 

For a regular, bog standard member, like myself, it's very easy to ignore the naughty posts .   It's obviously not so easy if you have to try and moderate.

Surely we all know the best way to deal with antagonistic posters, who just about manage to stay on the right side of the rules.....ignore them!

An even better way of dealing with a continued and unrepentant poster who goes out of their way to antagonize from under the radar...........................is to ban them.

Neil

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 01:36:PM »
I agree and there is a 'block' option which I prefer to use.. However, regardless of whether I chose to read their rubbish someone else might want to reply and when they quote the post it becomes visible. So, when you find that some waste of space no mark (who's posts you can't be bothered to read anyway) had called you 'weak and naive', you feel like kicking it into next week - failing that - telling the little creep where to get off. Skirting around the rules is still breaking them.
If it's any consolation, I would suggest that even your harshest critic would never accuse you of being weak or naive!

That looks like a blatant attempt to 'get a reaction'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 08:57:PM »
If it's any consolation, I would suggest that even your harshest critic would never accuse you of being weak or naive!

That looks like a blatant attempt to 'get a reaction'.

Thanks Neil  :).
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 11:07:AM »
I agree Steve, I know it leaves us open to attack, Jane but I think it's good to attract new thoughts and opinions to stimulate debate.  We do tend to get bogged down and go round in circles anyway. :'(

I agree Maggie.  But, I also agree with both sides if you know what I mean.  Those that google and come across the forum might not join because they may think they have to give personal details and this might be a deter them from joining. On the other hand if they are interested enough they would join anyway.
We still get new members but, if the forum was open maybe new members would join? I don't know...Maybe a poll is the best solution?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 11:29:AM »
I agree Maggie.  But, I also agree with both sides if you know what I mean.  Those that google and come across the forum might not join because they may think they have to give personal details and this might be a deter them from joining. On the other hand if they are interested enough they would join anyway.
We still get new members but, if the forum was open maybe new members would join? I don't know...Maybe a poll is the best solution?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's a difficult one really, arguments on both sides imo........ as usual  :( ;D