Author Topic: The Dyatlov Pass incident  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Re: The Dyatlov Pass incident
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 11:17:PM »
Mmmmm its a real mystery. I wonder what they were fleeing from?

Offline David1819

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:PM »
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

In the wiki page above (on the investigation section) it says that only the hikers footprints were found.

Where did you hear about the incident?

There was a discovery channel documentary on it recently its very bad its all actors searching for a giant snow yeti it was so fake

Offline David1819

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:PM »
Mmmmm its a real mystery. I wonder what they were fleeing from?

They cut the Tent open from the inside to quickly get out

They ran 2000 meters to the edge of a forest - This is where they found two bodies and the remains of a fire they set up and broken branches where found very high up indicating someone tried to climb up the tree

Then 75 meters deeper into the forest three bodies where found in a ravine

Then somewhere outside the forest in a different direction 650 meter away from the forest the rest of the bodies where found.

inside the tent they found their camera with photos taken while on the trip

Here are a few examples

Very creepy

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 12:19:AM »
Something put the fear of god in them....They made no attemps to go back to the tent for their coats etc. Creepy!

I wonder if they suffered some sort of disorentation?

Offline David1819

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 12:39:AM »
Something put the fear of god in them....They made no attemps to go back to the tent for their coats etc. Creepy!

I wonder if they suffered some sort of disorentation?

I really don't know. It seems unlikely that they would all get disorientated in the tent at the same time

The first question is what made them run from the tent?

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 11:07:AM »
I really don't know. It seems unlikely that they would all get disorientated in the tent at the same time

The first question is what made them run from the tent?

I guess they were all intelligent to know that leaving their clothes, boots, jackets etc would mean their survival was limited in such conditions.

A fire was built under the tree so that suggests their faculties were all there at the time.

I can't understand why they did not go back there for their stuff? Or where they trying to get back? Could there have been an argument within the group? Its very strange what happened.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 01:01:PM »
I guess they were all intelligent to know that leaving their clothes, boots, jackets etc would mean their survival was limited in such conditions.

A fire was built under the tree so that suggests their faculties were all there at the time.

I can't understand why they did not go back there for their stuff? Or where they trying to get back? Could there have been an argument within the group? Its very strange what happened.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was just about to write that. The danger came from within the group. They cut themselves out of the tent as if they had been cornered. It IS very creepy to read about this!!
Wouldn´t they be able to tell if there had been an avalanche by the way?

guest154

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 01:03:PM »
I've always felt there was an avalanche that covered the tents and that's why they had to cut themselves out and how some injuries were sustained. What happened after that though is anyones guess.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 01:14:PM »
I was just about to write that. The danger came from within the group. They cut themselves out of the tent as if they had been cornered. It IS very creepy to read about this!!
Wouldn´t they be able to tell if there had been an avalanche by the way?

Its interesting to note that footprints where found so I can't see there having been an avalanche, plus you can see the tent not covered in snow...Its all so odd.  Why did the authorities close down the area for 3 years after? 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:15:PM by Patti »

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 01:18:PM »
Its interesting to note that footprints where found so I can't see there having been an avalanche, plus you can see the tent not covered in snow...Its all so odd.  Why did the authorities close down the area for 3 years after?

And high levels of radioactivity on some of the group´s clothes. That said, how accurate are the informations we have on the whole thing?

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 01:29:PM »
And high levels of radioactivity on some of the group´s clothes. That said, how accurate are the informations we have on the whole thing?

That's it we don't know Alias.  :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D

What would make 9 people flee bare foot and without proper clothing. Its a mystery.

Offline David1819

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 03:45:PM »

The radioactivity levels where low some had worked in a nuclear power plant before

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 04:12:PM »
The radioactivity levels where low some had worked in a nuclear power plant before

OK, that explains it.
Are there any good documentaries on this?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 04:15:PM »
What would make 9 people flee bare Bigfoot and without proper clothing? Its a mystery.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:16:PM by Roch »

Offline lookout

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 05:16:PM »
That's him. Lovely,isn't he ? ;D ;D Imagine seeing that in the dark.