Author Topic: Russia - worrying?  (Read 29237 times)

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
Re: Russia - worrying?
« Reply #465 on: September 01, 2020, 10:17:AM »

Here is a bit of an article I have read from "The echo of Moscow". I put the text through google translate.

"A certain cholinesterase inhibitor was used against Navalny. In general, this is a fairly wide range of substances, including the aforementioned sarin, soman, V-gases, "newbie". All these are phosphorus-organic substances. In addition to carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and phosphorus, sarin and soman also contain fluorine, V-gases contain nitrogen, and the “novice” (substance A-232) contains both fluorine and nitrogen. But the point is, of course, not in the elemental composition, but in the structure of these organic substances, which can be determined using mass spectrometry with chromatography - a very sensitive method. Some substances of this class can be made unstable so that they decompose in air and in the human body. For example, soman is hydrolyzed and decomposed by 50% in a neutral environment in 41 hours. Modern toxic substances (OM) of this class can decompose much faster."

"Ours will never, under any circumstances, admit involvement in the poisoning of Navalny, if only because it means that Russia is violating the Chemical Weapons Convention, which is already very serious. (The production of polonium-210, for example, is not prohibited.) Reference to possible private individuals does not save: this means that in our country access to such substances is not controlled. Russia should have already destroyed ALL of their stocks in 2017."

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #466 on: September 01, 2020, 06:04:PM »
Here is a bit of an article I have read from "The echo of Moscow". I put the text through google translate.

"A certain cholinesterase inhibitor was used against Navalny. In general, this is a fairly wide range of substances, including the aforementioned sarin, soman, V-gases, "newbie". All these are phosphorus-organic substances. In addition to carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and phosphorus, sarin and soman also contain fluorine, V-gases contain nitrogen, and the “novice” (substance A-232) contains both fluorine and nitrogen. But the point is, of course, not in the elemental composition, but in the structure of these organic substances, which can be determined using mass spectrometry with chromatography - a very sensitive method. Some substances of this class can be made unstable so that they decompose in air and in the human body. For example, soman is hydrolyzed and decomposed by 50% in a neutral environment in 41 hours. Modern toxic substances (OM) of this class can decompose much faster."

"Ours will never, under any circumstances, admit involvement in the poisoning of Navalny, if only because it means that Russia is violating the Chemical Weapons Convention, which is already very serious. (The production of polonium-210, for example, is not prohibited.) Reference to possible private individuals does not save: this means that in our country access to such substances is not controlled. Russia should have already destroyed ALL of their stocks in 2017."

This has confirmed my worst suspicions.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #467 on: September 02, 2020, 02:01:PM »
This has confirmed my worst suspicions.

What is your worst suspicion?

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #468 on: September 02, 2020, 05:40:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #469 on: September 02, 2020, 05:50:PM »
What is your worst suspicion?
..that Putin's henchmen are engineering lifetime tenure for him on the same model as the Chinese Communist Party.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #470 on: September 02, 2020, 06:18:PM »
..that Putin's henchmen are engineering lifetime tenure for him on the same model as the Chinese Communist Party.

It’s difficult to argue that he is not the man for the job.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2020, 04:20:AM »
I don't know why anybody is surprised about the different facets of contemporary life in Russia: https://youtu.be/2AocEgKx9eU

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2020, 01:18:PM »
Trump refuses to condemn Russia over poisoning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54039710

Offline lookout

« Reply #473 on: September 05, 2020, 02:40:PM »
Trump refuses to condemn Russia over poisoning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54039710

I wonder why that is ? I know he seems to blame China for everything else--------

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #474 on: September 05, 2020, 02:44:PM »

I wonder why that is ? I know he seems to blame China for everything else--------

Trump and Putin are on very good terms. And no doubt Trump is hoping Putin will help him get re-elected.