Author Topic: Russia - worrying?  (Read 143929 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Russia - worrying?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 07:45:PM »
Actually we as the public do not know the half of what has gone on in the Ukraine and we have let them down badly .We signed a treaty to protect them in return for them giving up nuclear weapons and yet we still don't hear what has happened and how many innocent people have died or lost their homes or their businesses. I know because my friend is from the Ukraine and her father has lost everything .
Another place of human tragedy and suffering, think the world is very unstable t the moment.

Mr. Gee

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:PM »
Another place of human tragedy and suffering, think the world is very unstable t the moment.
All this killing going on around the world is deeply saddening.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 09:16:PM »
All this killing going on around the world is deeply saddening.
It is Mr Gee, I'm so thankful I was lucky enough to be born in this country.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:PM »
i dont think hes nearly as bad as hes made out to be the west paints ebveryone it falls out with as the next hitler.

I don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be - I think he's WORSE!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 09:45:PM »
What are Russian military planes doing in our territories? They send them her unannounced, and twice there have been near-collisions with Dansh passenger planes. WTF are they doing here? I have heard they send them to England too.

I  think Putin is stark raving mad and he IS up to something. We´ll see.

BTW, what´s with his discrimination of gay people? He is nuts.

I fully agree Alias, he has sent planes here too, the last time was just last week. I think he's up to something also. He is a power crazy nut-case with little man syndrome!!

Offline Jane

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 10:08:PM »
I fully agree Alias, he has sent planes here too, the last time was just last week. I think he's up to something also. He is a power crazy nut-case with little man syndrome!!

That's eyes at boob level to the uninitiated ;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 10:30:PM »

Little man syndrome, spot on!

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 11:49:PM »
  The aggressors in the Ukraine affair are clearly the western powers led as usual by the US and UK. Has everyone already forgotten the lies about WMD told by our leaders, and repeated uncritically by our supposedly free media, which took us to war in Iraq. The devastation caused and still being caused by those Western lies and propaganda should have woken everyone to the fact that we are the Nazis now.
   Which wars of aggression have Russia started in the last 30 years?
   Which Russian leaders have lied to the UN Security Council misrepresenting intelligence and telling outright lies in order to gain Security Council approval for their wars of aggression.
   Surely the facts speak for themselves now and as Dubya himself famously mangled, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me".
   It is surely evident to all by now that the aggressors are us. The list of our "humanitarian interventions", which inexplicably always leave thousands dead and countries in states of anarchy, is now too vast to believe otherwise.

Offline David1819

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 01:03:AM »

Soviet occupation of Afghanistan
First Chechen war
Transnistria War
East Prigorodny Conflict
Second Chechen war
Tajikistan war
Invasion of Georgia

Online gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2015, 02:40:AM »
First Chechen war
Transnistria War
East Prigorodny Conflict
Second Chechen war
Tajikistan war
Invasion of Georgia
  To compare the Chechen conflicts with the wars of aggression launched by the west is ignoring the scope and scale of the wests invasions of sovereign territory. Russia involving itself in a civil war in a former republic is not really the same as our interventions.
    In the second Chechen war the Russians were fighting Islamist separatists, the sort that our governments arm and train to destabilise regimes that refuse to do our bidding.
    The conflicts in Georgia, Tajikistan, Transnistria and East Prigorodny were all civil wars/ inter ethnic conflicts in former soviet republics in the turmoil of the break up of the Soviet Union.
    All of these conflicts were on Russia's doorstep, were previously under Russian/Soviet influence and were inhabited by many ethnic Russians. They are in no way comparable to US/UK led invasions of Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan nor the US invasions of Grenada and Panama. The funding and arming of "rebels" to overthrow democratically elected governments in Chile, where thousands were rounded up by the West's favourite military dictator (General Pinochet) in Santiago Stadium and shot. All of those conflicts merely scratch the surface of US/UK interventions.
   I must also have missed the Russians illegal rendition programme and secret prisons out of the reach of any legal jurisdiction(Guantanamo) where the evil Russians hold prisoners without even having to tell them what the charges or accusations against them actually are and routinely torture prisoners.
   Where also would all the overseas Russian military bases be hidden. The US have over 250,000 military personnel deployed worldwide.
   The Soviet occupation of Afghanistan was by any fair measure somewhat more enlightened than what went on afterwards. During the Soviet occupation liberal attitudes prevailed and women went to university, were not forced to be veiled nor treated as chattel as they are in today's Afghanistan.
   For those who don't remember the Soviet occupation ended in 1989. Soviet forces fought alongside Afghan troops against US funded rebels. The US funded rebels or the "brave mujahideen" as they were invariably referred to on our nightly "Propaganda at 10" included such upstanding guys as Osama Bin Laden.
    So we funded these Islamist rebels to overthrow the Afghan Government. What could possibly go wrong? It's not as if any Islamist rebels hurt anyone is it, they're such nice guys. Except we all know what went disastrously, cataclysmically wrong and we still fund Islamist rebels in Syria.
    It is surely apparent to anyone paying real attention to world events over the years that our own Governments are the world's biggest warmongers, the numbers speak for themselves unfortunately. The ridiculous portrayal of events in Ukraine by our government cheerled as always by a media who couldn't see the WMD lies for what they were, or so we are led to believe, are a case in point. The reporting is bordering on hysterical and cares nothing for accuracy. The only remit, or so it seems is the "daily two minute hate" of Putin.
    To compare Russian aggression with US aggression and to then conclude that Russians are more aggressive on the world stage is to ignore every single piece of evidence.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:48:AM by gringo »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2015, 03:12:AM »
First Chechen war
Transnistria War
East Prigorodny Conflict
Second Chechen war
Tajikistan war
Invasion of Georgia

And the recent invasion of the Ukraine - Russia are trying to prove some kind of point but I think they have an 'end game' in mind. Europe needs to keep a close eye on this guy!

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 09:31:AM »
  The aggressors in the Ukraine affair are clearly the western powers led as usual by the US and UK. Has everyone already forgotten the lies about WMD told by our leaders, and repeated uncritically by our supposedly free media, which took us to war in Iraq. The devastation caused and still being caused by those Western lies and propaganda should have woken everyone to the fact that we are the Nazis now.
   Which Russian leaders have lied to the UN Security Council misrepresenting intelligence and telling outright lies in order to gain Security Council approval for their wars of aggression.
   Surely the facts speak for themselves now and as Dubya himself famously mangled, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me".
   It is surely evident to all by now that the aggressors are us. The list of our "humanitarian interventions", which inexplicably always leave thousands dead and countries in states of anarchy, is now too vast to believe otherwise.
I agree the US and to an extent the UK are far from innocent and have no doubt caused and are still causing mayhem in the Middle East just as they did in South America back in the 70s and 80s but I cannot see how that turns ex KGB Putin into a saint, he has his own axes to grind and I don't doubt he's grinding away.

Offline lookout

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 12:42:PM »

Hence why we're not doing much shouting.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 01:17:PM »
Im going to upset the apple cart and admit that I actually like Putin and think he is brilliant. He has done so much for his country and his people. Are you sure you are not all being led by what is written in the MSM? It seems to me,that Putin is his own man. He can see what is going on in the west and clearly doesn't want to be part of the so called 'New World Order'. He is intelligent enough to know that the wars that the US and ourselves have started have nothing to do with WMD and everything to do with money and the control of oil. Indeed,he has told President Obama "tell your citizens that 9/11 was a was a false flag,or I will.I have the evidence to prove it". Imo warmonger Bush was far more dangerous than Putin.

Offline susan

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 01:19:PM »
Hello tyler I agree with you but thought it safer to keep my thoughts to myself but hey ho safety in numbers ;D :-*