Author Topic: 29-year-old Dutch woman ends her life legally  (Read 5070 times)

Offline lookout

Re: 29-year-old Dutch woman ends her life legally
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:PM »
I'm not averse to cremation, but not with my ashes mixed in one of many large urns with hundreds of others whom I never met.  I'd prefer my ashes to be scattered on my favourite spot by at least one person who knew me for some length of time, not a faceless bureaucrat dumping them like trash then ticking a box on a sheet before leaving for the evening.

Perish the thought.
 Providing I'm pronounced dead first and foremost I'll be buried surrounded by my favourite flowers following my favourite music. No cremation for me thankyou very much.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2018, 05:29:PM »
I'm not averse to cremation, but not with my ashes mixed in one of many large urns with hundreds of others whom I never met.  I'd prefer my ashes to be scattered on my favourite spot by at least one person who knew me for some length of time, not a faceless bureaucrat dumping them like trash then ticking a box on a sheet before leaving for the evening.
Doesn't bother me Steve, It's only a body, like an old overcoat that's no longer wanted.  ;D

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2020, 08:29:AM »
New Zealand has voted to legalize assisted dying for terminally ill people. If the letter of the law is followed I might have been able to support this proposal. My fear is that this will now open the floodgates to legalized euthanasia under many more circumstances and the elderly who feel that they are a burden on their relatives will come under pressure to end their own lives.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/new-zealand-votes-to-legalise-euthanasia-but-against-legalising-cannabis-in-referendum

Offline lookout

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 01:07:PM »
New Zealand has voted to legalize assisted dying for terminally ill people. If the letter of the law is followed I might have been able to support this proposal. My fear is that this will now open the floodgates to legalized euthanasia under many more circumstances and the elderly who feel that they are a burden on their relatives will come under pressure to end their own lives.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/new-zealand-votes-to-legalise-euthanasia-but-against-legalising-cannabis-in-referendum

The thought of it coming to this country is scary to say the least.