Author Topic: the murder of sarah cherry  (Read 22905 times)

Offline marty

Re: the murder of sarah cherry
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 06:42:PM »
Time of death rules dechaine out, rigor mortis was still present but passing off, Sarah went missing two days before she was found. I have to admit it doesn't look good for him at the start but when you dig into it it's not as straight forward as it seems.

What I find frightening is it's the same judge used in all the appeals as was the trial. They now bring him out of retirement to reside over the case which means,he would have to admit he has been wrong for the last thirty years for dechaine to get a retrial. He denied the use of time of death evidence at the last appeal. He's denied pretty much everything from day one.

Offline marty

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:PM »
She was known to have been bearfoot when she disappeared and there was footprints of a child and adult barefoot leading to a known paedophile trailer about half a mile away. Jason fickett was his name who has been jailed for having sex with a twelve year old girl. Incredibly he was never questioned at the time.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 09:09:PM »
She was known to have been bearfoot when she disappeared and there was footprints of a child and adult barefoot leading to a known paedophile trailer about half a mile away. Jason fickett was his name who has been jailed for having sex with a twelve year old girl. Incredibly he was never questioned at the time.
It does seem strange. But what about the vehicle documents on the driveway? Sometimes murders are not replicas of a Dorothy L Sayers mystery but the most obvious suspect is often the culprit.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 09:23:PM »
surely a known pedopohile who lives near by is the most likely suspect.

Offline marty

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 06:26:AM »
It does seem strange. But what about the vehicle documents on the driveway? Sometimes murders are not replicas of a Dorothy L Sayers mystery but the most obvious suspect is often the culprit.

It seems a little convenient that more than one piece of evidence fell out of his pick up truck, and having his name and address on it. If he was set up though, they done a good job.

The dna scrappings from under sarah's nails matched sarah and an unidentified male,not dennis dechaine.
So any marks and scratches on his body I would say ,couldnt have been caused by her trying to fight dechaine off.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:01:AM by marty »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 09:17:AM »
i dident anything that mentions evedence of forced entry meaning sarah cheery must of let her atacker in and as she dident know denis dechanine its hardly likely she would.

i thought the documents werea bit suspicios to start with but then documents can be planted dna cant be.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:42:AM by nugnug »

Online lookout

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 10:11:AM »
surely a known pedopohile who lives near by is the most likely suspect.

Not always,nugs. Any person who" knows" that a paedophile lives near,is just as likely to commit the crime,knowing that there's a known paedophile in that area who is bound to take the wrap.
It's called giving a dog a bad name,which isn't always the case.

Offline nugnug

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 10:54:AM »
well thats true but surely if you have one suspect whos known and another one who isnt your going to give scrutiny to the one who is.

it doesnt mean there guilty but its common sense they should be top of the suspect list.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:55:AM by nugnug »

Online lookout

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 12:49:PM »
well thats true but surely if you have one suspect whos known and another one who isnt your going to give scrutiny to the one who is.

it doesnt mean there guilty but its common sense they should be top of the suspect list.

Oh I agree. Of course he'd be up there with the list of suspects. I was just making a point to which I'm sure you'd have understood anyway.

Offline marty

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 06:26:PM »
There was literally hundreds of items forensicly tested from the truck. the truck was even vacuumed,guess what,no trace of her ever being in the truck.There was no trace of her on dechaine and no trace of him on her. Surprisingly really,but not so rare in possible miscarriages of justice.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 06:39:PM »
There was literally hundreds of items forensicly tested from the truck. the truck was even vacuumed,guess what,no trace of her ever being in the truck.There was no trace of her on dechaine and no trace of him on her. Surprisingly really,but not so rare in possible miscarriages of justice.

Hi Marty

I think the only thing that incriminated him was the documents, scarf and rope.  I'd like to know more about the scarf? The rope that was found matched the rope in his truck, but was in-between the road and her body....No idea how they matched the scarf....

Moore said that there were 80 items in the truck and the only two that fell onto the drive happened to be the only two documents that had his name on.  Mind you the police could not have placed them there, because the child's mother picked them up from the drive.

Sarah did not have shoes on which I find odd, because this could mean that she was inside of the house when she was taken.  Or, she could have let someone in that she knew.   ;D

Offline marty

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 07:37:PM »
Hi Patti, I'm unsure about the scarf,I'm not sure but think his wife may have had something to do with the scarf.
The possibility or likelihood of her knowing her killer is what makes doug Senecal interesting. His sister I believe it was said she thought it was him that killed her. He was already on a charge of being accused of molesting his step daughter,who was related in someway to Sarah cherry,so you would think senecal would be a familiar face to Sarah.