Author Topic: Message for Scipo  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Message for Scipo
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:59:PM »
Please be aware that we have received some complaints regarding the continuous rude posts to certain members on the forum. 

This form posting is not acceptable and we need to clamp down on offensive posts. Why, because this causes unrest on the forum for all members.

Should this type of posting continue then we will have to consider ban.

Thank you.

Offline Caroline

Re: Message for Scipo
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:AM »
Although I agree Schipo has a certain 'rub me up the wrong way' kind of posting, he is by no means the only one and I don't think it's fair that he's singled out.
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest154

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:22:AM »
Although I agree Schipo has a certain 'rub me up the wrong way' kind of posting, he is by no means the only one and I don't think it's fair that he's singled out.

Yeah, he's certainly no angel - he does dish it out and I feel it ruins his brilliant posts at times because it gives people something else to comment on taking away from the actual point of his post, but he DOES get it too - some people don't stop having a pop at him.

Weird he is being warned in public.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:28:AM »
Yeah, he's certainly no angel - he does dish it out and I feel it ruins his brilliant posts at times because it gives people something else to comment on taking away from the actual point of his post, but he DOES get it too - some people don't stop having a pop at him.

I hd a go at him earlier in response to him calling me irrational - I know I'm not so found it quite funny. I would hate to have him banned because if he was, there would be no debate. People here take things too personally.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:AM »
I hd a go at him earlier in response to him calling me irrational - I know I'm not so found it quite funny. I would hate to have him banned because if he was, there would be no debate. People here take things too personally.

I agree entirely Caroline. Debate can only take place when opposing views are held. Although, without doubt, Scipio can certainly be acerbic, it doesn't automatically put him top of my list of posters who are capable of being rude. Mind you, as he appears unable to live with losing at anything, I will expect to see him trying harder to reach pole position in this.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 10:59:AM »
Yeah, he's certainly no angel - he does dish it out and I feel it ruins his brilliant posts at times because it gives people something else to comment on taking away from the actual point of his post, but he DOES get it too -  at him.

some people don't stop having a pop-------------I know the feeling,eh,Mat ;D

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 05:46:PM »
Please be aware that we have received some complaints regarding the continuous rude posts to certain members on the forum. 

This form posting is not acceptable and we need to clamp down on offensive posts. Why, because this causes unrest on the forum for all members.

Thank you.
  Difficult to believe that most replies to this have broadly supported scipio. I will add that I am not one of the posters who has complained about scipio's posts; in fact I have never complained about anyone's posts, but scipio, by any reasonable measure, oversteps the boundaries of acceptable debate and resorts to insults and derogatory comments.
     I think that Patti is right to point this out on the open forum to scipio as nothing else seems to convince him of the need to put more effort into self moderation.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:34:PM by gringo »

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:45:AM »
I've NEVER complained/reported anyone since I've been on the forum,going on for 3 years.

Offline Jan

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 05:28:PM »
I have because he is constantly rude to the posters rather than just answering the points. He has been reminded several times.

Otherwise what is the point of having forum rules .

People post opinions from reading books and interpretation of documents that they have seen.

Or from information on the forum.

Just because they are wrong from time to time does not make them ignorant or biased.

Offline David1819

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 05:47:PM »

That's because of the way he talks to people. 99% of the time Scipio gets it its either in response to something he has said or the way he is saying something.

I don't mind what he is doing. I just respond to him with sarcasm and satirical humor if i find there is no point trying to have a reasonable debate as it just wont solve anything.

I don't think he should be banned as of yet his comments get a bit of banter going

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 06:06:PM »
That's because of the way he talks to people. 99% of the time Scipio gets it its either in response to something he has said or the way he is saying something.

I don't mind what he is doing. I just respond to him with sarcasm and satirical humor if i find there is no point trying to have a reasonable debate as it just wont solve anything.

I don't think he should be banned as of yet his comments get a bit of banter going

David, I agree. The problems come when -a possibly worth reading- post is sandwiched between the definitions of us as being ignorant and/or idiots. Those accusations do rather jump out at one, thus preventing discussion. Perhaps THAT'S his craft tactic ;D ;D ;D

Mr. Gee

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 10:13:AM »
I don't think he is singled out. Rather he singles himself out and your reply rather is an implication that Patti is picking only upon him because he makes some good posts in your eyes. For even you acknowledge that his rudeness towards other has the ability to rub other up the wrong way. Please indicate who else has not been rebuked by Patti or have not had there posts deleted (as I have had) Patti has been more than fair on scipio in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:17:AM by Mr. Gee »

Offline lookout

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 03:21:PM »
And because I know Patti personally,I know that she IS a fair-minded person,and is NEVER vindictive.

Offline susan

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 03:54:PM »
Hello lookout I will second that Patti is one of the most fair minded posters on this forum and would never never be vindictive :)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 05:10:PM »

Thank you.
I agree Patti, scipio is continually abusive and rude to any poster who doesn't agree with him. 

It's fine if some posters don't mind being called 'liars' etc. but others understandably find this unacceptable when they are simply posting a different point of view from him and they shouldn't feel compromised in this way.