Author Topic: ansering machines in the 80s  (Read 1142 times)

Online lookout

Re: ansering machines in the 80s
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 10:30:PM »
This damn case was manufactured !
No thought nor common sense went into the investigation.
It was an absolute sham from start to finish.
My suspicion falls on all those who'd wanted Jeremy convicted !!

Offline Jan

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:PM »
I've said this before about the silencer that AP had been at WHF a week before the murders and it's claimed that he shot two rabbits. It's not impossible that he just put it in the cupboard as a matter of course for when he visited again. Hence the AK1 enzyme which rabbits have as well as humans. Because there were two silencers involved there's been nothing to differentiate which belonged to who----AP or JB.

But we also have “witnesses” saying that neville would always clean and put away the guns . Why did they say that ? When seeing the shotgun out rifle  ammuntion  not put away it seems he was not that meticulous as implied?

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 07:02:AM »
Because the silencer was a known item in the household manifest of munition. Had it been missing, that would give serious rise to suspicion as that would suggest somebody took it away... ergo the killer.
The silencer had to remain,  because if Sheila was to appear to have done it, the silencer could not be missing.

But who would know it was missing unless they had keys and went looking for it? Jeremy didn't have to let Ann have keys to the house, but he did, which suggests he had nothing to hide.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:AM »
I've said this before about the silencer that AP had been at WHF a week before the murders and it's claimed that he shot two rabbits. It's not impossible that he just put it in the cupboard as a matter of course for when he visited again. Hence the AK1 enzyme which rabbits have as well as humans. Because there were two silencers involved there's been nothing to differentiate which belonged to who----AP or JB.

I don't know how rabbit blood would get into the silencer though. Do people go around shooting rabbits at very close range?

There's also the issue of the paint on the silencer.

Online lookout

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 08:25:AM »
I don't know how rabbit blood would get into the silencer though. Do people go around shooting rabbits at very close range?

There's also the issue of the paint on the silencer.

The blood would only be on the outside/ tip of the silencer. The blood inside would have happened how I'd explained a while ago and that was when a silencer was " taken to bits " then the baffles going back in, in a different order than they'd been removed and that, to my mind had been purposely done as was the paint.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 07:50:PM »
Is it possible that the silencer was taken off by Sheila and it rolled under the bed out of sight? That doesn't explain how it ended up being found in the gun cupboard of course.

Online lookout

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 09:01:PM »
Is it possible that the silencer was taken off by Sheila and it rolled under the bed out of sight? That doesn't explain how it ended up being found in the gun cupboard of course.

If I remember rightly, a silencer was found in the bedroom.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 09:10:PM »

If I remember rightly, a silencer was found in the bedroom.

Says who?  :o

Online lookout

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:PM »
Says who?  :o

I don't know !!
I read it when I first came onto the forum in 2012. It was found under June's bed. Do a search if you must.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2020, 07:01:AM »

Online lookout

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 08:55:AM »
Nobody.

I distinctly remember " a silencer " being found in the bedroom and an officer picked it up and took it downstairs.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 07:28:PM »
I've never read anything like that. It was probably some kind of speculation from a member.

Offline TheBrilliantMistake

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 08:03:AM »
But who would know it was missing unless they had keys and went looking for it? Jeremy didn't have to let Ann have keys to the house, but he did, which suggests he had nothing to hide.

Because prior to the murder, and IF Bamber did it...

Then he would have to imagine the police might collect all the munitions from the house, and possibly conduct a more thorough check than they did.
Had they done so, extended family members might then have said 'There is a missing silencer' - which would have led to suspicion.

As it happened, the police didn't appear to conduct the best search, but Jeremy could not have known they wouldn't.

Essentially anything missing out of the gun cupboard would have given rise to suspicion.

Of course, JB could also have just fitted a different silencer (purchased previously) along with a couple of magazines, but this creates a different set of issues (hiding the purchase, and disposal after the murders)

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 08:17:AM »
Because prior to the murder, and IF Bamber did it...

Then he would have to imagine the police might collect all the munitions from the house, and possibly conduct a more thorough check than they did.
Had they done so, extended family members might then have said 'There is a missing silencer' - which would have led to suspicion.

As it happened, the police didn't appear to conduct the best search, but Jeremy could not have known they wouldn't.

Essentially anything missing out of the gun cupboard would have given rise to suspicion.

Of course, JB could also have just fitted a different silencer (purchased previously) along with a couple of magazines, but this creates a different set of issues (hiding the purchase, and disposal after the murders)

If Jeremy thought the police would collect the firearms, that's all the more reason he would take it with him! He must have known there would be blood on it or in it, otherwise he would have just left it next to Sheila.

A missing silencer is much more easily explained than one with blood on it. The relatives wouldn't have been told what was collected anyway.