Author Topic: When was Julie first called ?  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Adam

When was Julie first called ?
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:PM »
Jeremy's WS said he received Neville's call at 3.10am. He phoned the police at 3.26am. Or even 3.36am.

However during the 16/26 minutes between Neville's call and the police call,  he did not phone Julie. Who said so ? Jeremy.

'Christ you took you're time', he said to the policeman on the phone. Suggesting he was on the phone for several minutes when calling at 3.26am/3.36am.

So he would not have time to phone Julie after his call to the police, get dressed, leave his cottage and arrive at WHF by 3.48am. Anyway Julie and none of her flatmates said the call was after 3.30am.

So the only possible time Julie could have been called, was before 3.10am. Which corresponds with some of the flat mates evidence.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Mr. Gee

Re: When was Julie first called ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:PM »
Jeremy's WS said he received Neville's call at 3.10am. He phoned the police at 3.26am. Or even 3.36am.

However during the 16/26 minutes between Neville's call and the police call,  he did not phone Julie. Who said so ? Jeremy.

'Christ you took you're time', he said to the policeman on the phone. Suggesting he was on the phone for several minutes when calling at 3.26am/3.36am.

So he would not have time to phone Julie after his call to the police, get dressed, leave his cottage and arrive at WHF by 3.48am. Anyway Julie and none of her flatmates said the call was after 3.30am.

So the only possible time Julie could have been called, was before 3.10am. Which corresponds with some of the flat mates evidence.
So doesn't that militate against the claim that he was stalling for time?

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:17:PM »
So doesn't that militate against the claim that he was stalling for time?

The big picture here.

It is almost certain he called Julie before Neville's  3.10am call.

This shows certain guilt.

Mr. Gee

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:PM »
The big picture here.

It is almost certain he called Julie before Neville's  3.10am call.

This shows certain guilt.
No it doesn't seem almost certain that he phoned Julie before he phoned Nevill. His very words to her suggest that he phoned her afterwards, although indeed I am willing to submit that he probably phoned the police after he phoned Julie?

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:30:PM »
No it doesn't seem almost certain that he phoned Julie before he phoned Nevill. His very words to her suggest that he phoned her afterwards, although indeed I am willing to submit that he probably phoned the police after he phoned Julie?

He he. I just laughed.

So to prove his innocence, you have to say his WS is a lie.

It was impossible to phone Julie after the long 3.26/36 call to the police. Then get dressed in a shirt, two jumpers and a jacket, collect his 10p. Then drive like an old tug boat to WHF. And arrive at 3.48am.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:35:PM »

However during the 16/26 minutes between Neville's call and the police call,  he did not phone Julie. Who said so? Jeremy.
You seem to be being deliberately misleading. Jeremy didn't say so in his initial statement, and he referred the police to that statement when interviewed in the following month. In that initial statement, Jeremy gave about 3:10am as the time of Nevill's call and about 3:25am as the time when he called Julie, which is before 3:26am and long before 3:36am. Thus the order was, first the call from Nevill, then the call to Julie and finally the call to Pc West.

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 08:40:PM »
You seem to be being deliberately misleading. Jeremy didn't say so in his initial statement, and he referred the police to that statement when interviewed in the following month. In that initial statement, Jeremy gave about 3:10am as the time of Nevill's call and about 3:25am as the time when he called Julie, which is before 3:26am and long before 3:36am. Thus the order was, first the call from Nevill, then the call to Julie and finally the call to Pc West.

His submitted statement says he immediately called the police after Neville phoned at 3.10am. This is incorrect as he called the police at 3.26/36am.

His submitted WS and police interview also says he phoned Julie after the police. Which is impossible.

It is also impossible to phone Julie at 3.25. And the police only a minute later. It would take a long time for someone to answer Julies phone at that time.  As it happened someone did answer it and had to get Julie.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:42:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:PM »
Just rechecked his WS.

He is saying he phoned Julie at 3.25am. Saying this was after he had 'immediately' phoned the police at 3.10am. Wrong.

It was not possible to phone Julie at 3.25am, then the police at 3.26am.

He did not immediately phone the police at 3.10am, rather at 3.26am. 

He had previously told the police he phoned Julie after the police. Which is impossible to do and arrive at WHF by 3.48am.

Basically Jeremy is saying he phoned the police first. Then Julie.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:01:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 09:09:PM »
His timings are all over the place.

But Jeremy is saying he phoned Julie 'after' phoning the police. He should know.

After a long 3.26/36am conversation with the police, he would not have time to phone Julie. And no one at Julies said the call was after 3.30am.

But the call to Julie certainly happened. The only time it could have happened was before 3.10am. Which corresponds to several people at Julies who were woken by the call.

This means Jeremy was awake before Neville's call.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:11:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 09:31:PM »
Jansus, Jeremy needs you.

You have three options.

Agree his WS is wrong. That he did not phone the police immediately after getting a 3.10am call from Neville. The facts show there was a 16/26 minute delay. You have to accept this.

Again say Jeremy's own WS is wrong/a lie. And that Julie was phoned between 3.10am - 3.26am. Before he phoned the police.

Agree the WS is wrong and Julie was called before 3.10am. Ultimately meaning there was no call from Neville. Meaning certain guilt.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:56:PM by Adam »

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:PM »
Adam, it's entirely possible that his use of the word "immediately" was a mistake, not a lie. He may have been influenced by recalling that he had telephoned Chelmsford police immediately after telephoning Julie. The mistaken use of "immediately" would mean there was no lie involved in the times he gave and the order of the calls. The police had probably already told him that his call to the police had been at about 3:26am. When he gave the statement, he may well have been in shock and may have taken vallium.

Mr. Gee

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 09:35:PM »
He he. I just laughed.

So to prove his innocence, you have to say his WS is a lie.

It was impossible to phone Julie after the long 3.26/36 call to the police. Then get dressed in a shirt, two jumpers and a jacket, collect his 10p. Then drive like an old tug boat to WHF. And arrive at 3.48am.
No but times often get muddled at such times and I suggest that they were because there are so many times flying around I should think that none of them are correct?

Offline Adam

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 09:42:PM »
Adam, it's entirely possible that his use of the word "immediately" was a mistake, not a lie. He may have been influenced by recalling that he had telephoned Chelmsford police immediately after telephoning Julie. The mistaken use of "immediately" would mean there was no lie involved in the times he gave and the order of the calls. The police had probably already told him that his call to the police had been at about 3:26am. When he gave the statement, he may well have been in shock and may have taken vallium.

Jansus. You are no longer needed.

Everything has been resolved. Jeremy had taken vallium and got all confused when compiling his vitally important WS. Grahame has also said the times were muddled.

Phew. I nearly proved Jeremy's guilt there. Again.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:47:PM by Adam »

Mr. Gee

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 09:44:PM »
Just rechecked his WS.

He is saying he phoned Julie at 3.25am. Saying this was after he had 'immediately' phoned the police at 3.10am. Wrong.

It was not possible to phone Julie at 3.25am, then the police at 3.26am.

He did not immediately phone the police at 3.10am, rather at 3.26am. 

He had previously told the police he phoned Julie after the police. Which is impossible to do and arrive at WHF by 3.48am.

Basically Jeremy is saying he phoned the police first. Then Julie.
Yes he did say that. The timings do seem a bit tight don't they? So he was on the phone to police whilst he claimed he was on the phone to Julie. Obviously a conflict somewhere?

Mr. Gee

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 09:48:PM »
Jansus. You are no longer needed.

Everything has been resolved. Jeremy had taken vallium and got all confused. Grahame has also said the times were muddled.

Phew. I nearly proved Jeremy's guilt there. Again.
No, you haven't proved his guilt. You have proved an inconsistency in his witness statement which may point to his guilt.