Author Topic: Steve Benson:  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Adam

Steve Benson:
« on: August 06, 2014, 03:02:AM »
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=xIfhU5j5C-qh0QXlqYHYBw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEKhVSkZXrhY&cd=4&ved=0CCMQtwIwAw&usg=AFQjCNGmOpFQQ2mujSqhJlP9GdPsg4gZQg

Another inheritance killing. Some similarities with the Bamber case. Starts at 2 minutes.

Same year.

Benson also tried to kill his sister.

He also tried and succeeded in killing another relative.

Benson tried to look upset at the funeral.

Another video says his mother had found out Benson had been committing financial crimes against her.  Similar to Neville & June finding out about the caravan site.

His mother was also considering disinheriting him.

The jury reached a verdict quickly.

Benson tried to blame other people for the crime. But unlike Bamber, was very vague about who.

Benson also wanted to live beyond his means. And did not like having to depend on his mother. Another video says he did not like the controlling influence his mother tried to exert. Similar to what Jeremy told Julie.

If a bomb caused the explosion, surely he would have been the number one suspect. But as Jeremy said after robbing the caravan site 'they will never be able to prove it'. However they could prove it was Benson. It just takes one mistake.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:26:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

Re: Steve Benson:
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:17:AM »
Seems obvious to me the mistakes he made.

He should have totally disguised himself when buying the pipes. Beard, sunglasses etc. And worn gloves. Although I assume the receipt for the pipes was at Benson's house. Why didn't he burn it ? He should have also bought the pipes miles away from where he lived or worked.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:20:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:02:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:PM »
With both Benson & Bamber committing 'Inheritance' killings around the same time, it seems they were both caught up in the loads of money era. Both feeling they were missing out.

Mr. Gee

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:16:PM »
Moderators, should this thread be in the other major crimes section and not the Bamber section of the forum?

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:29:PM »
Moderators, should this thread be in the other major crimes section and not the Bamber section of the forum?

Well the thread post highlights the similarities between the two cases.

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 05:32:AM »
Another similar case to Bamber's was the Newell brothers.

Only two years after Bamber's case. Both were similar ages to Bamber and didn't like their parents. Worried  their inheritances were slipping away.

One of the brothers killed both parents and then rang his brother and asked him to help him remove the bodies. Which he agreed to do rather than tell the police. 

Forensic evidence was found at the house.  The brothers were the prime suspects and police found 60 inconsistencies in the their stories. But still there was not enough to arrest. It seems Bamber's relatives were right about there being more than enough evidence against him.

Years later one of the brothers was taped suggesting he was guilty. His girlfriend then said he had told her of his involvement.
Unlike Jeremy, the brother did not accuse his girlfriend of lying and the bodies were located.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:52:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:AM »
The brother that didn't kill his parents, but agreed to help dispose of the bodies, had to make an instant decision.

If he had rang the police he would have inherited everything. Rather than being convicted as an accessory. But felt a loyalty to his brother.

As Julie knows, everyone makes wrong decisions when someone else puts you in an unexpected horrific situation. Julie made the right decision a month later. After finally catching breath from Jeremy's jolly ups. And after he asked another woman out in front of her.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:51:AM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 10:48:AM »
The more you search. The more you find inheritance killers. I only saw this case yesterday on TV.

Still searching for Sheila esq killings.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:08:AM »
i thought this one was a bit simlar in the behavior of the relatives and the behavior of the proscution.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6125.0.html

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 07:22:PM »
NO two cases are ever alike.Stop making comparisons to justify your stance on the Bamber case !!

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 07:23:PM »
NO two cases are ever alike.Stop making comparisons to justify your stance on the Bamber case !!

Some people are hilarious.

There are comparisons. Read the thread.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 07:33:PM »
Haven't long read 'Murder in the Family' about the Newell brothers. Great book and was really cheap on kindle.

Offline Adam

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 12:09:PM »
Haven't long read 'Murder in the Family' about the Newell brothers. Great book and was really cheap on kindle.

It was part of the 'Countdown to Murder' TV series. Which is being repeated.  It included the Bamber case. The episode may be available on line.