Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 302466 times)

Offline sandra L

In spite of all the hype, there was no "missing knife." The knife which belonged to the pouch was handed to Luke's solicitor by Corinne (who couldn't remember where she'd put it when the police raided the house). The solicitor's statement, confirming the handing over of the knife to the police, is in the case files.That knife was bought six months after the murder, so could not be in any way connected to the crime.

The knife that was found in 2010 was found near the new St David's High School, not the one that existed at the time of the murder. The distance from the old school to the new campus is 1.7 miles. it was completely ruled out as having any connection to the murder.

I don't have the time (or inclination) to go through every aspect of misinformation in Lithium's posts which, I believe, is exactly his/her intention - swamp people with the same misinformation over and over again and people will get tired of correcting it endlessly.

I'll just point out the blindingly obvious again - why would I, a mother of two girls around Jodi's age, work so hard to point out the fact that this lad was convicted without a shred of reliable evidence, knowing if it had been properly acknowledged, he could be released into the very community where my girls lived their lives? Why would I want to "make him look innocent" if there was even the slightest doubt in my mind that he did what was done to Jodi?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:03:AM by sandra L »

Offline sandra L

Age restrictions on knives weren't introduced in Scotland until 2006. It's not illegal to own or carry a knife with a folding blade less than 3" long. Luke worked at his mother's caravan business and the family owned horses. There are several perfectly legitimate reasons for Luke having a knife, none of them remotely related to the fact that Jodi was murdered with a large bladed instrument (the pathologist's description).

No such "large bladed instrument" was ever found in his possession or in the family home or business, or described by any witness as having been possessed by him.

I didn't know the people at the time, but I know which knives the police were looking for and they (the police) had them all, so from the police perspective, there were no missing knives except the murder weapon, the description of which could not be matched to any knives attributed to Luke.

Offline Bullseye

I didn’t think it was ever illegal for a child to own a small knife, only for it to be sold to them. If a parent buys it as a gift there is no law being broken is there? Scouts own knifes. Carrying a knife for scouts was also legal if going to camp or if they had a good reason. But I’m no expert just going by my understanding of what I’ve read so could well be wrong lol

Offline Bullseye

Also I started my collection when I was 12. I got many a pen knife or Swiss Army knife for Xmas and birthdays from lots of different people, friends and family before I was 16. Hope they were not all breaking the law.

Offline notsure

Not true. The age was increased from 16 to 18 in 2006. It was illegal to own a knife at 15 and illegal for Corrine to buy him one. Much like it was illegal for her to get him a tattoo and lie about his age, and let him smoke cigarettes and god knows what else. Let's not pretend this was a normal relationship with normal boundaries.

Smoking cigs at Jodi's grave. Walking their dog through the graveyard.

Well that’s it then!!! guilty as charged because he smoked a fag and took his beautiful dog to the graveyard.  Heist why didn’t I think of that before . Good god man I am lost for bloody words .

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Also I started my collection when I was 12. I got many a pen knife or Swiss Army knife for Xmas and birthdays from lots of different people, friends and family before I was 16. Hope they were not all breaking the law.

maybe you did it then.

Offline sandra L

Much like it was illegal for her to get him a tattoo and lie about his age, and let him smoke cigarettes and god knows what else. Let's not pretend this was a normal relationship with normal boundaries.

Let's take this bit by bit. It is not, and never has been, illegal for anyone under 18 to have a tattoo. What is illegal is for a person to tattoo someone they know, or believe, to be under eighteen. You see the difference there? The offence is on the tattooist who, incidentally, went on to give evidence against Luke.

"For her to get him a tattoo and lie about his age..." There's no evidence she lied about his age. The claim in court was that Luke provided "fake ID" showing him as over age (that ID, had it ever been produced in court, would have shown a picture of a man 40+ years old, but we'll leave that for the moment). It was Luke who signed the form in the shop. So all Corinne is guilty of is being there. Think about it - what 18 year old would take his mum along to "confirm" his age? Just a few years after the murder, the same parlour carried out a body piercing on one 14 year old girl I know and tattooed her 14 year old friend. That's why they used that particular parlour - because they knew no questions would be asked about their age.

The "fake ID" that was never produced in court, Corinne and Luke always denied the existence of. Like I said, it would have depicted a man of 40+ years old - the tattoo staff would have put themselves right on the line if they tried to claim in court they accepted that the person in the picture was the 15 year old boy standing in front of them. By the time of the appeal, the person whose name (not ID) Luke used on the form had given a statement saying Luke had never had access to his ID in any format. The statement wasn't used by the defence.

I smoked from the age of 13 - my parents didn't know. I was still under 16 when they found out but that still didn't stop me smoking. I knew loads of kids who smoked under the age of 16, both in my own generation and my daughters' generation.

"And god knows what else..." There we have it again - speculation and insinuation with nothing to back it up. What about, making him work for his pocket money? What about supporting his interests in outdoor activities - motorbikes, camping, tracking, etc? What about encouraging him to keep up his grades in school, setting a curfew time for him to be home both on school nights and weekends?

What about being a responsible enough parent to call Jodi's Gran to confirm Luke and a few others would be having a sleepover at her (the gran's) house ... even though the Gran lied to her, saying the teens would be in her house, knowing full well they were all going to sleep over at Yvonne Walker's flat?

What about Judith's own statement saying that, when she found out about the sleepover being at Yvonne's, she was so angry (because Jodi was banned from going to Yvonne's flat) that she threatened to tell Corinne. Jodi begged her not to because Corinne was "quite strict" with Luke and he'd be in deep trouble?

It has to go both ways. Either Luke, Jodi and the others were teenagers doing what teenagers do and their parents were doing the best they could, or everyone whose teenager was doing things they shouldn't have been doing was a bad parent. I know which one I believe.

Offline sandra L

[/quote]

Smoking cigs at Jodi's grave, yeah? Why did they change Jodi's name to Andrew Paxton on the headstone? That's the extent of the disrespect of the media in this case - that poor man's family have to see pictures of his headstone connected to such a dreadful case.

That is clearly a picture of Luke, Corinne and another friend walking through the cemetery, not standing at Jodi's grave, but why let the facts get in the way of a good lie?

Offline Bullseye

maybe you did it then.

Going by these forums it must have been me, I’m clearly a danger up the public and have been since I was 12. For the record I smoked weed since I was 15/16 and loved nirvana. I must be a serial killer by now 🤣

The dog is gorgeous by the way!

Offline Guiltyascharged

Normal teenagers dont threaten girls with knifes

Its no secret that shane mitchell
Luke mitchells brother runs his own company  smd technical services in Livingston
http://www.smdtechnicalservices.com/ so why does sandra make out thats why we dont hear from.
So lets here from him or is the real reason we dont because he knows his brother is guilty

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:12:PM by Guiltyascharged »

Offline Guiltyascharged

Sandra lean, they were seen smoking at jodis grave and left cigarettes ends?

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Sandra lean, they were seen smoking at jodis grave and left cigarettes ends?

erm he knew her she was girlfriend so i think might what was respectfull and not respectfull better than a complete starnger.

Offline nugnug

Normal tenagers dont threaten girls with knifes

Luke mitchells brother runs his own company  smd technical services in Livingston
http://www.smdtechnicalservices.com/
So lets here from him or is the real reason we dont because he knows his brother is guilty

if we getting into the stalking business im pretty good at that myself.

Offline sandra L

Who took us off topic ... oh yes,, a ridiculous poster making ridiculous allegations about the identity of other posters. Sit down, Guiltyascharged, you're making a show of yourself.

Offline notsure

Normal teenagers dont threaten girls with knifes

http://www.smdtechnicalservices.com/

OMG he left a ciggy butt in the graveyard and that makes him a murderer. Normal teenage stuff. For goodness sake if yoh cannot be seriously asking us to consider this as part of the reason he is guilty in your opinion.

Instead of telling us why you think he’s guilty let’s hear why you dont think the other suspects are. Now that might be a good debate