Author Topic: The murder of 14 year-old schoolgirl Jodi Jones near Edinburgh on 30 June 2003  (Read 311792 times)

Online Lithium

This has probably never been mentioned before, but does anyone else get the impression that Corrine Mitchell might be into the occult/witchcraft? She strikes me as the type who would have a darkened house, dark curtains, spiritual ornaments and references to the occult in her house.  Does she have skulls and candles in her house? I’m just trying to pinpoint precisely where her son developed his interest and knowledge of satanism.  After watching her videos with James English, I got a very strong feeling that she’s into all of this.  I don’t know why.  I’d have said that even without the knowledge of what her son has done.  He must have developed this interest from somewhere.  His school jotters and knife pouch were covered in satanic slogans.  Even his writings during his time behind bars have suggested this, as has his desire to have satanic material delivered to him.  Is his mother a witch or something? She doesn’t look the full shilling.  She seems unhinged and I suspect she has an array of Ouija boards at her disposal.

She's a gypo. So yeah probably into all that.

Online Lithium

We’re talking of a 14 year old! The word obsession is used to create an idea that Luke was always with a knife, except no one at school that day and the police that night found a knife on him! No witness has came forward to say that he had a knife on him that day at school.
We here that he put a knife to the throat of someone at cadets yet it wasn’t his knife!
There nothing to say he even met Jodi that evening, no evidence to prove anything. There are many people who could be described as being obsessed with knives and who might even need one but not Luke .

Come on Gordon, he's hardly going to still have the knife on him that night when the police come. Corinne bought him a knife after the murder. Seriously who would want to even look at a knife ever again. He got into trouble for carrying a knife at army cadets. ( https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/mitchell-found-with-knife-while-in-army-cadets-1-563053 ) He was caught showing it to another boy and the leader told him at had no place in the army cadets. He had empty knife sheaths with messages scribbled on it. What's the chances the knife that was found with 'Luke' on it wasn't his? even if not the murder weapon?  There was even a knife hidden in with Mia's food in the house. There's the bladed instrument he used to carve LM + JJ into a tree with on Roan's Dyke. 

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40745000/jpg/_40745981_joditree203.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7bye7DT.jpg

https://imgur.com/Ve7MLgO

Note the big fuckoff sword by his bedroom door.

Please lets not even attempt to deny that he had an unhealthy interest in knives. His own best pal David High testified Luke carried a knife for "protection"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:17:PM by Lithium »

Online Lithium

I see it as someone who believes something to be true and has the courage to stand up and say so. We all have to stand up for what we believe including those who believe Luke to be guilty, don’t we? I for one still can’t say one way or another but I respect Sandra for taking a stand and fighting for what she believes all these years. But if it is proven to her that Luke is in fact guilty, I’m sure that would be a dark day, but her work over the past 16 years is more than just Luke.

What makes you say Luke couldn’t care if he got out or not?

The fact that learning the right person has been behind bars for this crime and there isn't a murderer on the loose and an innocent guy has lost half of his life would be a "dark day" to Sandra says it all really.  Surely personal-agendas aside, we're all HOPING it was Luke? Right?!?

Simon Hall admitted his guilt and subsequently took his own life over it, and Sandra still refuses to admit she was wrong.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:55:PM by Lithium »

Online Lithium

Can you imagine as a 14 year old boy hanging about waiting for someone for an hour, to suddenly not care anymore and patch it for the rest of the night, and go to bed without trying to ask the person why they never turned up. Doesn't seem realistic to me at all. Luke wanted to be seen "waiting", he went ouf of his way to mention it in the Sky interview.

JAMES MATTHEWS:   But you have an alibi for that night because you were with friends?

LUKE:   Yes. I was, first I was waiting just at the end of the estate where I was in full view, cars were passing, people were just getting home from work on buses, then I met up with my friends.

I find this strange. Also how would he know this cleared him unless he had an idea of the time of murder?

Why didn't he mention being home cooking dinner? I thought that was his alibi?!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:20:PM by Lithium »

Online Lithium

I think after about 10 mins of waiting I'd just walk the short distance and go in for her. You don't wait an hour for someone you don't care enough about to even check in with that night to see what happened. He was there trying to be seen for as long as possible, by as many people as possible. And his answer in the Sky interview gave this away imo.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:22:PM by Lithium »

Offline sandra L

... However, she’s clearly built up an extremely strong relationship with his mother over the years which in my opinion is why she is still continuing to work on it.  Clearly, Corrine is her friend and she would be doing her an injustice if she dropped the case.  Dropping the case would jeopardise their relationship.  She’s clearly not wanting to do this.  Anyone looking at such a case has to do so from an objective standpoint.  How can she be objective when Corrine is clearly her best buddy?  Is Sandra going to dispute this?

Yes, Sandra most certainly is! I do not have an "extremely strong relationship" with Corinne, she is not "my friend,"  or my "best buddy." My reasons for continuing with Luke's case have nothing to do with any relationship I have with Corinne - good or bad.

Offline sandra L

This has probably never been mentioned before, but does anyone else get the impression that Corrine Mitchell might be into the occult/witchcraft? She strikes me as the type who would have a darkened house, dark curtains, spiritual ornaments and references to the occult in her house.  Does she have skulls and candles in her house? I’m just trying to pinpoint precisely where her son developed his interest and knowledge of satanism.  After watching her videos with James English, I got a very strong feeling that she’s into all of this.  I don’t know why.  I’d have said that even without the knowledge of what her son has done.  He must have developed this interest from somewhere.  His school jotters and knife pouch were covered in satanic slogans.  Even his writings during his time behind bars have suggested this, as has his desire to have satanic material delivered to him.  Is his mother a witch or something? She doesn’t look the full shilling.  She seems unhinged and I suspect she has an array of Ouija boards at her disposal.

I see you've returned to the armchair. This is utter conjecture, based on nothing at all (other than a warped imagination). Corinne Mitchell has no such interests, her house was nothing like you suggest here - she had lace curtains in her living room windows, plants everywhere, a beautifully kept garden. To my knowledge, she never had a single Ouija board at her disposal, far less an array of them.

I, however, have spiritual ornaments and candles in my house, but I'm not into the occult in any way.

Offline sandra L

She's a gypo. So yeah probably into all that.

A what Lithium? Do you mean a gypsy? Wrong again. She grew up in Corstorphine, where here parents ran a small business. They later bought Scotts Caravans, where they sold caravans as well as camping and caravan supplies. They were never travelling people of any sort and Corinne never has been (unless you count holidays, in which case, that's all of us). Once more, just making stuff up.

But even if she had been a gypsy (which she's not), what on earth would that have to do with anything?

Offline sandra L

The fact that learning the right person has been behind bars for this crime and there isn't a murderer on the loose and an innocent guy has lost half of his life would be a "dark day" to Sandra says it all really.  Surely personal-agendas aside, we're all HOPING it was Luke? Right?!?

It might have "said it all" if it had been me who said it would be a "dark day" for me if Luke was proven to be guilty, but it wasn't me, was it?

I'm on record many, many times saying my search is for the truth. If that truth turns out to be that Luke Mitchell is guilty as charged, then so be it - the reason I do what I do is because we don't know for sure, because of all the unanswered questions. In my opinion, that's not justice and we should never accept it as such. It's not only Luke's case I say this about - it's every case I become involved with.

Simon Hall admitted his guilt and subsequently took his own life over it, and Sandra still refuses to admit she was wrong.

Wrong again! The details of the confession were never made public. It was never revealed whether Simon Hall had legal representation when making the confession. It was never revealed whether he had been assessed by a psychiatrist or psychologist or what his mental state was in the lead up to the confession - was he in sound mind, fully aware of what he was saying/doing? I can see no reason why those details were not publicly known -- they should have been, in order to confirm that the confession actually fitted the details of the crime and that he was not, for example, suffering some sort of mental breakdown and just saying anything.

Once again, I'm searching for the truth. If the confession contains details that all fit with the crime and it can be shown that he was in sound mind and was fully aware of what he was saying and doing, then it would be reasonable to accept that he did, in fact, commit the murder and managed to conceal that fact for all those years, aided by a bungled police investigation which brought a case lacking the necessary elements of proof (even Keir Starmer admitted that, without the fibre evidence, "the case disappears.")

Online Lithium

So Corrine doesn't come from an Irish Traveller background? My point was merely that they are usually very superstitious people etc :-\ Not saying it has anything to do with Luke's interest in Satanism. How did you feel when he requested Satanic books in Shotts prison after years of attempts by you to downplay this interest of his? Slightly annoyed? lol.

Online Lithium

Once again, I'm searching for the truth. If the confession contains details that all fit with the crime and it can be shown that he was in sound mind and was fully aware of what he was saying and doing, then it would be reasonable to accept that he did, in fact, commit the murder and managed to conceal that fact for all those years, aided by a bungled police investigation which brought a case lacking the necessary elements of proof (even Keir Starmer admitted that, without the fibre evidence, "the case disappears.")

So you still refuse to accept Simon Hall's guilt?

Offline Bullseye

You make me laugh, You like to put your own spin on stuff people say don’t you lol  you really don’t help yourself. I only meant it would be hard, as I’m sure it would be for all involved in the Luke campaign.

If it was shown Luke did it and it had been the right person all along, another life was not ruined and a killer was not free all this time, I think everyone, including Luke campaigners and those that had any doubt, would take some sort of comfort from that. But it’s how he got found guilty that’s at the root of it all and that will never change, there was doubt for many from the start due to how the whole case was handled start to end. That’s what the real fight is about imo, trying to make sure the same mistakes are not made again.

Online Lithium

Why did Corinne tell James English the police done nothing about the guys who vandalized Scotts Caravans? They were charged, convicted and sentenced for it.

STOP.

LYING.

!!!!

Offline Caroline

It might have "said it all" if it had been me who said it would be a "dark day" for me if Luke was proven to be guilty, but it wasn't me, was it?

I'm on record many, many times saying my search is for the truth. If that truth turns out to be that Luke Mitchell is guilty as charged, then so be it - the reason I do what I do is because we don't know for sure, because of all the unanswered questions. In my opinion, that's not justice and we should never accept it as such. It's not only Luke's case I say this about - it's every case I become involved with.

Wrong again! The details of the confession were never made public. It was never revealed whether Simon Hall had legal representation when making the confession. It was never revealed whether he had been assessed by a psychiatrist or psychologist or what his mental state was in the lead up to the confession - was he in sound mind, fully aware of what he was saying/doing? I can see no reason why those details were not publicly known -- they should have been, in order to confirm that the confession actually fitted the details of the crime and that he was not, for example, suffering some sort of mental breakdown and just saying anything.

I think Steph has made it clear to you many times that the confession was legitimate. There are things you say you can't reveal in your recent posts for whatever reasons, perhaps you should respect other people's reasoning for doing the same. There is no reason for you to know.

Online Lithium

This total unwillingness to accept the truth just because it doesn't match her own beliefs is why I don't consider anything she says credible.