Author Topic: I am pleased to report, that the setting up of the forum, is working...  (Read 4150 times)

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Well done, to everyone...

All views on the case are very welcome, providing there are no personnel attacks on our members, or contributors...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:03:PM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Jan

I think sometimes a gentle reminder that people can use the ignore button - even on a temporary basis is very useful - sometimes it helps to take a deep breath and stand back when people are being very rude. And that is the only thing I can not abide , personal rude attacks.

its even better when there is a thread by two people you are ignoring and you see nothing! ;D

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
Well done to you, Mike, and thanks for the board!

Offline lookout

Good on you,Mike.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
Sorry but am I missing something? I personally don't think its working at all.  Not only have we seen a very cruel and nasty remark on the red to one of the nicest guys I know go unmoderated. I fail to see that this encourages goodwill between the forums at all.

If disgusting things like that were said here on this forum then I'd hope our mods would step in straight away to remove the disgusting remark. Is there really any need for it?????

Offline lookout

I'm not even going to bother looking any more Patti. Not good for the blood-pressure. >:( >:( >:(

Offline Jan

Sorry but am I missing something? I personally don't think its working at all.  Not only have we seen a very cruel and nasty remark on the red to one of the nicest guys I know go unmoderated. I fail to see that this encourages goodwill between the forums at all.

If disgusting things like that were said here on this forum then I'd hope our mods would step in straight away to remove the disgusting remark. Is there really any need for it?????

I don't think there id goodwill between the forums? I visited once and immediately they were extremely rude . So I agree with your comment . But is that not up to their moderators to control that forum , or am I missing something?

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
I don't think there id goodwill between the forums? I visited once and immediately they were extremely rude . So I agree with your comment . But is that not up to their moderators to control that forum , or am I missing something?

Some are very rude, but there are also very nice poster on red, we must not forget that. They don´t participate in the banter and are therefore often overlooked, which is a pity.

Offline Jane

Jansus, until now, I don't think, generally, there's been any LESS goodwill, between the forums, than in other organizations who have opposing views, be they political, religious or legal. I think it goes with the territory. I fear that lack of good manners may have more to do with the individual than the organization they belong to. We have squabbles between ourselves but in the main we tend not to have pops at the red forum. Moderating individuals is NEVER easy which ever side of the divide one occupies and cooperation can NEVER be assumed.

Offline Jan

Some are very rude, but there are also very nice poster on red, we must not forget that. They don´t participate in the banter and are therefore often overlooked, which is a pity.

I did not get that far unfortunately . I don't  think anyone should have to put up with rudeness so did not hang around.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator

Jansus you have hit the nail on the head. Only other thing I can add is that poor management of its posters on either forum reflect on back on them....If this sort of thing is allowed what hope is there of ever stamping it out.   :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jane

Alias, you are SO right and other than our beliefs I really DON'T believe that there's any difference between their moderates and ours. The last time I made a very reasonable and general request THE most surprising person shocked me by the rudeness of their negative response which matched anything that red are often accused of. I agree entirely that we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Jeremy's plight, requires independent funding, before the truth is realised...

Please, do what you can...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Please feel free, to help us, to help Jeremy...

Any donations to help run the cause, will be very much respected, and appreciated...

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
Account details:-

The Co-operative bank
Mr M Teskowski
sort code:- 08 - 92 - 49
account number:- 14154793