Author Topic: Grahame.  (Read 7820 times)

guest154

Grahame.
« on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:AM »
Can't we have him back as mod??

Sure, he was tough and firm handed. But at least he was firm handed for BOTH sides. For too long a small circle of people here have been 'in' with the mods and able to post whatever they like without comment. Yet this can't be said for those who aren't in with the mods.

Also - ... It was a little embaressing to see two mods not understand about how to edit a topic title the other day.  :-[

Mods should be able to do simple things - and direct new members to material they need, surely??

Obviously no one that is a 'guilter' will ever be mod, and I think that's fair. but with Roch and NGB not as active as much anymore, we need someone who can be unbiased.

Grahame also understands the case, his work on the bullet/autopsy reports a few days ago was based on FACT backed up by documents and reffered to testimonies and eye witness accounts.....That should be encouraged more.

(Grahame, sorry to start a topic with your name as the title, hope I didn't scare you.)

Just my opinion.

Offline grahameb

Re: Grahame.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:36:AM »
erm....erm.....erm.... No thanks. I'm nearly 67 and an enjoying my retirement with no hassles. The job of a moderator is a difficult job and one has to fight oneself some times. As well as having both sides against you at times. Thanks but no thanks mat.

guest154

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:AM »
erm....erm.....erm.... No thanks. I'm nearly 67 and an enjoying my retirement with no hassles. The job of a moderator is a difficult job and one has to fight oneself some times. As well as having both sides against you at times. Thanks but no thanks mat.

You were my saviour. You know how to edit topic titles! At least this proves I didn't ask you if I could post this & you didn't ask me to post it.

I'm not asking for anyone to lost their modspot - but it would be nice for the 'guilty' side to be able to have an open modertor too.

Alias?? Susan?? Petey??? Petey would make a good moderator!!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:32:AM »
Can't we have him back as mod??

Sure, he was tough and firm handed. But at least he was firm handed for BOTH sides. For too long a small circle of people here have been 'in' with the mods and able to post whatever they like without comment. Yet this can't be said for those who aren't in with the mods.

Also - ... It was a little embaressing to see two mods not understand about how to edit a topic title the other day.  :-[

Mods should be able to do simple things - and direct new members to material they need, surely??

Obviously no one that is a 'guilter' will ever be mod, and I think that's fair. but with Roch and NGB not as active as much anymore, we need someone who can be unbiased.

Grahame also understands the case, his work on the bullet/autopsy reports a few days ago was based on FACT backed up by documents and reffered to testimonies and eye witness accounts.....That should be encouraged more.

(Grahame, sorry to start a topic with your name as the title, hope I didn't scare you.)

Just my opinion.

The mods/admins try their best not to be biased, unfortunately there will probably always be  little of that because it's human nature. I personally am not completely on the side of innocence so it's a lot more balanced than it used to be and both Maggie and April have stated they have open minds on the subject. People are doing their best and it's difficult to please everyone.
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest154

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:37:AM »
I believe them to be very biased though, from my side of it. I never post offtopic in topic threads, Caroline as I hate it when people do that. But the other day I posted TWO posts that were offtopic and up popped a mod.

Where as there are ladies here, who you'll be well aware of, who never stick to the topic and begin to talk about all sorts not even related to the case, topic or Bamber... and this just goes on and on.

My two posts? End of the fucking world.  ;)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 01:48:AM »
I believe them to be very biased though, from my side of it. I never post offtopic in topic threads, Caroline as I hate it when people do that. But the other day I posted TWO posts that were offtopic and up popped a mod.

Where as there are ladies here, who you'll be well aware of, who never stick to the topic and begin to talk about all sorts not even related to the case, topic or Bamber... and this just goes on and on.

My two posts? End of the fucking world.  ;)

I do have to admit that the off-topic posting has gone through the roof and is something we need to get a handle on. It seems that lately all of the threads are merging into one and are becoming a free for all. I think the mods (including myself) have got fed up trying to keep the topic on topic and have just given up. However, that's easily rectified  - some of the topics need a good pruning and we can be more forthright in asking members to stick to the topic titles.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline susan

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:21:AM »
Morning Mat

me a Mod you must be joking takes me all my time to write a post and press send ;D but thanks for the suggestion at least you know I exist ;D ;D :-*

guest154

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 06:01:PM »
Certainly still think the mod situation needs looking at, especially after my two day ban for saying that mods don't deal with reports I submit.

It's okay for Apirl to make comments about the size of members penis, but not alright to complain and say no one bothers dealing with reports?

I said this on the red forum - April sees it, Maggie backs her up and the two of them gave me a two day ban. For "Critisizing mods"

Very immature.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 06:03:PM »
Certainly still think the mod situation needs looking at, especially after my two day ban for saying that mods don't deal with reports I submit.

It's okay for Apirl to make comments about the size of members penis, but not alright to complain and say no one bothers dealing with reports?

I said this on the red forum - April sees it, Maggie backs her up and the two of them gave me a two day ban. For "Critisizing mods"

Very immature.
You got a ban for criticising the mods?

Offline grahameb

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 06:04:PM »
You got a ban for criticising the mods?
I thought that was a hanging offence? ::)

guest154

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 06:05:PM »
I thought that was a hanging offence? ::)

Yeah, I did. No warning message or anything - but on the ban page it said "criticizing mods"

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:PM »
Can I just say that the moderators have a difficult job at times and its impossible to please everyone.

However, you have to remain very impartial at all times.  If this is not done then this could cause  a  problem on the forum, or in-house so to speak.

In my opinion banning people should be the last resort. The forum needs to placed first at all times and all its members should be considered no matter what.

It would be better if some sort of procedure was put into practice before any ban is issued.  One should never ban anyone because they dislike something that a member has said.

It could be a simple process for example. 3 warnings, a 24 hour ban or 48 hour ban and if the problem gets worse then a longer ban or a lifetime ban. The forum should set its rules in place in my opinion.

Mat you have had more bans than anyone else on the forum.  I think the problem lays with the fact you go across on the red forum to spin your yarn or criticize something that has happened on this forum.  Mat, this has to stop and, you know deep down that this can cause members on this forum to lose faith in you and make complaints.  However, in all fairness you have a right to post on both forums.  To be honest I don't think what you said warranted a ban.

If Grahame would be honest he will tell you that he should have had a ban for what he said... :-\
You can't have one rule for one and not the other, its just not cricket.

Its sad but this kind of thing happens on most forums. One gets banned, the banned person kicks off and before you know it world 3 breaks out.

I shall be posting less and less, not because I don't want to debate because I do, but I am tired of going round and round in circles; plus I have other things to do.  :-[

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 07:04:PM »
Can I just say that the moderators have a difficult job at times and its impossible to please everyone.

However, you have to remain very impartial at all times.  If this is not done then this could cause  a  problem on the forum, or in-house so to speak.

In my opinion banning people should be the last resort. The forum needs to placed first at all times and all its members should be considered no matter what.

It would be better if some sort of procedure was put into practice before any ban is issued.  One should never ban anyone because they dislike something that a member has said.

It could be a simple process for example. 3 warnings, a 24 hour ban or 48 hour ban and if the problem gets worse then a longer ban or a lifetime ban. The forum should set its rules in place in my opinion.

Mat you have had more bans than anyone else on the forum.  I think the problem lays with the fact you go across on the red forum to spin your yarn or criticize something that has happened on this forum.  Mat, this has to stop and, you know deep down that this can cause members on this forum to lose faith in you and make complaints.  However, in all fairness you have a right to post on both forums.  To be honest I don't think what you said warranted a ban.

If Grahame would be honest he will tell you that he should have had a ban for what he said... :-\

Its sad but this kind of thing happens on most forums. One gets banned, the banned person kicks off and before you know it world 3 breaks out.

I shall be posting less and less, not because I don't want to debate because I do, but I am tired of going round and round in circles; plus I have other things to do.  :-[
Hi Patti, it is written in the forum rules that if anyone goes over onto red  and makes unpleasant comments about members of this forum they will receive an automatic ban, which is the reason  Mat was banned.  Grahame certainly did not go over to red to make comments about mods or anyone else on the blue forum, he made an unfortunate comment and then apologised.
Mat makes assumptions about who was involved in his ban, it doesn't mean that is what happened.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:08:PM by maggie »

Offline grahameb

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:PM »

Don't be daft Patti. Go ahead if the mods want to ban people for such minor things it's up to them. See if I care one iota? I just don't give a shit these days.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:PM »
Don't be daft Patti. Go ahead if the mods want to ban people for such minor things it's up to them. See if I care one iota? I just don't give a shit these days.
Hi Grahame, no you should NOT have been banned, you made a comment on blue and apologised, you did NOT go over to red and make comments about any member mod or otherwise from blue. 
As I have just pointed out it is in the forum rules that posters who are members of red and blue forums will be banned if they go on red and criticise or abuse members of blue.  That's what happened and has nothing to do with your comments. 8)