Author Topic: Evening everyone!  (Read 959 times)

Offline jones

Evening everyone!
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:20:AM »
Hi there, I'm 36 and my primary school in Maldon, Essex was in the same road as the court that JB initially attended. I have vague memories of the hustle and bustle that surrounded the area and of the tv coverage at the time. Growing up, I was always interested in the case and frequently passed by the farmhouse on journeys to tollesbury and that neck of the woods. In recent years, I've become quite interested in the handling of the case, and of course the additional evidence being put forward. Id be really interested to hear other folks opinions and ideas.

Offline campion

Re: Evening everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:AM »
Morning Jones, pleased to meet you.
For the sake of clarity, you say that you attended Primary School in the London Road, Maldon, where the Courthouse proceedings for JB took place. This of course must not be confused with Maldon Court School, which Sheila and Jeremy attended nearby.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 09:20:AM »
Morning Jones, pleased to meet you.
For the sake of clarity, you say that you attended Primary School in the London Road, Maldon, where the Courthouse proceedings for JB took place. This of course must not be confused with Maldon Court School, which Sheila and Jeremy attended nearby.
That would be All Saints School in London Road campion. Maldon Court School is in Silver Street.
Welcome to the forum Jones.

Offline campion

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:32:AM »
Hi Graham(e), Thankyou for that.

It should be made clear to Reader(s) that Maldon Court School is not the learned establishment where Stan Jones coached, or coaxed Miss Mugford with her Prosecution Statement! It could be termed as an academy for the off- spring for 'gentle folk', of the ilk of ' Posh and Becks'.

Offline jones

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:05:AM »
Hi, yes it was indeed all saints primary, curiously enough many years later, my daughter was conceived in the property next door to the former court! (possibly tmi) . I also knew Taff Jones son, (basically an ego on legs) who was very cagey when I asked him about the initial Bamber investigation.
Growing up, and not having the interwebz at my disposal, I think I naturally assumed JB was guilty, I think I became aware of the issues surrounding the silencer and thought hang on, there's probably a bit more to this. At the moment, I think JB is probably innocent, but that's a conclusion I've reached with scant information and based more on gut feeling.for that reason, im looking forward to hearing what others have to say. Did anyone else used to sing 'who killed Bambi?' from the great rock n roll swindle when driving past?
No? Just me then?
.   I'll get my coat......

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 01:40:AM »
I LOVED the Sex Pistols! Welcome to the forum Jones.