Author Topic: The bedroom phone, phone calls & Neville.  (Read 73917 times)

Offline Adam

Re: The bedroom phone, phone calls & Neville.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 06:04:AM »
Some good posts on here.

No one has given any possible reasons why the bedroom phone was in the kitchen. The kitchen phone was in working order. Was the kitchen phone not working the days prior to the murder ? 

If not there was no reason for Neville or June to move it. And no reason for Sheila to move it. The only explanation I have read was from a Daily Mail reporter who suggested Bamber moved it to show why Neville was found in the kitchen.

'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 06:55:AM »
If you read the statement by the telephone engineer Mr Pike (it is somewhere here on the forum) it will answer your queries regarding why the telephones were 'moved' around prior to the murders.

Caroline R

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 12:07:PM »
Some good posts on here.

No one has given any possible reasons why the bedroom phone was in the kitchen. The kitchen phone was in working order. Was the kitchen phone not working the days prior to the murder ? 

If not there was no reason for Neville or June to move it. And no reason for Sheila to move it. The only explanation I have read was from a Daily Mail reporter who suggested Bamber moved it to show why Neville was found in the kitchen.

More myths - the answers are in the archives.

Offline grahameb

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:PM »
More myths - the answers are in the archives.
If only those writers in their books told the truth there wouldn't be these mysteries.

Caroline R

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 12:26:PM »
If only those writers in their books told the truth there wouldn't be these mysteries.

'Most' aren't that interested in the truth, they simply want to sell books. I guess also that they look for things to confirm their initial thoughts of guilt or innocence adding just a little drama for good measure. 

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 02:08:PM »
Sheila locked herself in the toilet? Not sure how she was allowed to exit & then shoot everyone.
Wasn't Pargeter's rifle kept there?

Jeremy said when questioned that he knew how to gain entry to the house through windows. So would have known how to get in quietly.
Getting in tends to be easier than relocking a window from the outside, especially a sash window (as a rotating catch is typically used). Either operation on any type of window would be very hard to accomplish quietly.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 02:13:PM »

Do you mean normally... or in particular on the 6th/7th Aug?

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 02:48:PM »
I had the impression he admitted it was kept there normally, as he didn't have permission to keep it elsewhere. We don't know for sure whether it was there on the night in question.

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:PM »
Getting in tends to be easier than relocking a window from the outside, especially a sash window (as a rotating catch is typically used). Either operation on any type of window would be very hard to accomplish quietly.

I think he used to keep it in the gun cupboard, but the weekend he was there before the tragedy his rifle wasn't there, it was found in the downstairs bathroom. He then went on to claim this is the reason he removed the bolt and took the rifle home....

The sash window has a male and female catch like mind had.  I would say its almost impossible to lock the widows from the outside by banging them. The male a females have to be placed into each other manually..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 07:55:PM »
How could Jeremy in his wildest dreams expect to be able to enter the farmhouse (with two - possibly - barking dogs) in the middle of the night and expect to control FIVE people? He could not know whether the twins would wake up - or if they WERE awake already. He could not know whether June, Neville and Sheila were asleep or not. He could not expect them all to be lying in their beds. He just couldn´t.
All the possibilities of it all going terribly wrong for him due to the fact that there were FIVE people to control, simply makes me believe that this crime was IMPOSSIBLE for Jeremy to have committed.
As I always say: if he had an accomplice, OK, I can see it happening, alone, NO!

And finally my favourite question for nons: where was Sheila while Jeremy was killing Nicholas, Daniel, June and Neville? Where - and what was SHE doing?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:PM »
How could Jeremy in his wildest dreams expect to be able to enter the farmhouse (with two - possibly - barking dogs) in the middle of the night and expect to control FIVE people? He could not know whether the twins would wake up - or if they WERE awake already. He could not know whether June, Neville and Sheila were asleep or not. He could not expect them all to be lying in their beds. He just couldn´t.
All the possibilities of it all going terribly wrong for him due to the fact that there were FIVE people to control, simply makes me believe that this crime was IMPOSSIBLE for Jeremy to have committed.
As I always say: if he had an accomplice, OK, I can see it happening, alone, NO!

And finally my favourite question for nons: where was Sheila while Jeremy was killing Nicholas, Daniel, June and Neville? Where - and what was SHE doing?
I completely agree Alias, it doesn't make any sense at all........ none ................ zilch  ;D ;D

Offline Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 08:42:PM »

It only works if all parties were complicit and he would have had no way of ensuring this, AND I feel certain that he wouldn't have made such a pig's ear of the shootings either.

Offline Alias

• Editor
  • Veteran Member
  • What is in those 200 boxes?
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 08:47:PM »
April: It only works if all parties were complicit and he would have had no way of ensuring this, AND I feel certain that he wouldn't have made such a pig's ear of the shootings either.

No one can expect five individuals to be complicit. In my mind, it is absurd to think that Jeremy could have committed those murders (alone), yet, that was what he was convicted of.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:PM »
Hiya Patti. I do believe it was the other way round? AP's rifle was normally kept in downstairs bathroom but when he went to stay prior to the murders it was not there. June told him it was in cupboard under stairs that was now being used as a gun cupboard. This was where AP discovered the 'new' anschutz and took it out of the cupboard to have a look at it. AP's explanations regarding his own rifle are odd to say the least.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 09:31:PM »
Hiya Patti. I do believe it was the other way round? AP's rifle was normally kept in downstairs bathroom but when he went to stay prior to the murders it was not there. June told him it was in cupboard under stairs that was now being used as a gun cupboard. This was where AP discovered the 'new' anschutz and took it out of the cupboard to have a look at it. AP's explanations regarding his own rifle are odd to say the least.
They certainly are tyler, he doesn't seem to have been able to remember where he left the darned thing!!!! Something suspicious about that rifle imo. ;)