Author Topic: The bedroom phone, phone calls & Neville.  (Read 73917 times)

Offline Adam

Re: The bedroom phone, phone calls & Neville.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 09:26:PM »
Sheila tried to save her children ? She had the gun, best don't use it.

Sheila locked herself in the toilet ? That would have given Neville time to phone people. Not sure how she was allowed to exit & then shoot everyone.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 09:37:PM »
Sheila tried to save her children ? She had the gun, best don't use it.

Sheila locked herself in the toilet ? That would have given Neville time to phone people. Not sure how she was allowed to exit & then shoot everyone.
Adam you have to take into account that Sheila was very possibly in a psychotic episode which moves the goal posts. Also if Neville was on the phone to jeremy she could have unlocked the door and run upstairs. I'm sure it didn't occur to Nevill that Sheila would use the gun to kill until she did. Just a suggestion.

Offline Adam

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 09:40:PM »
That is a good point. Would the dog have barked if there was a break in ? Or was it a deep sleeper that would not have heard.  It was a big house so a break in through a downstairs toilet at 3am may not have been heard.

Jeremy said when questioned that he knew how to gain entry to the house through windows. So would have known how to get in quietly.

Mugford told the police about a window that could be locked from outside. The police checked this out & found this to be correct.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 09:58:PM »
That is a good point. Would the dog have barked if there was a break in ? Or was it a deep sleeper that would not have heard.  It was a big house so a break in through a downstairs toilet at 3am may not have been heard.
Jeremy said when questioned that he knew how to gain entry to the house through windows. So would have known how to get in quietly.
Mugford told the police about a window that could be locked from outside. The police checked this out & found this to be correct.
I thought they were never able to lock any windows from the outside however hard they tried. It was no secret that Jeremy and some of the other younger members of the family such as Anthony Pargeter used the window if the door was locked.

Offline Adam

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 10:12:PM »
I thought they were never able to lock any windows from the outside however hard they tried. It was no secret that Jeremy and some of the other younger members of the family such as Anthony Pargeter used the window if the door was locked.

Transscripts from police interviews show this is not the case.

The house cleaner said that washing items around the sink & kitchen window had been moved ftom where she left them the previous day.They were still standing so this was not due to the fight.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:PM »
Transscripts from police interviews show this is not the case.

The house cleaner said that washing items around the sink & kitchen window had been moved ftom where she left them the previous day.They were still standing so this was not due to the fight.
Think you'll find the police moved those things when cleaning up Adam. I think you'l find it is the case they often climbed through the window to gain entrance. :)

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:PM »

Maggie,,I could understand Jeremy using that way to get in,,but not Pargeter. No wonder Neville said what he did. ( if he said it )

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 10:35:PM »

Maggie,,I could understand Jeremy using that way to get in,,but not Pargeter. No wonder Neville said what he did. ( if he said it )
There were a couple of windows they used lookout, one in the lounge. There was only one key to the door so the kids climbed through the window when June and Nevill locked the door and went out.

Caroline R

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 10:36:PM »

A dog would most certainly hear someone sneaking up the stairs!! Dogs can hear sounds at four times the distance that we can but there was also the dogs outside who mould most certainly have been alerted by someone cycling or creeping around the farm in the early hours of the morning. June Bamber was also a light sleeper. You'll find that there a a LOT of myths that haunt this case - a lot!!

Offline lookout

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 10:41:PM »
There were a couple of windows they used lookout, one in the lounge. There was only one key to the door so the kids climbed through the window when June and Nevill locked the door and went out.

Of course,Maggie. I was forgetting the " one " key situation.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 10:50:PM »

Of course,Maggie. I was forgetting the " one " key situation.
Not sure if this was the old door, or the new old door ......very confusing.

Caroline R

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:PM »
Not sure if this was the old door, or the new old door ......very confusing.

It  was the new one Maggie.

Offline Adam

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 05:26:AM »
I was only aware of one small household dog. Found under Nevilles bed when the police gained entry.

Jeremy had a dog as a boy which he was fond of. However hated the current dog. When police on the murder night asked if he wanted to take the dog back to his cottage, he said he didn't want it running around messing up his stereo equipment.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 05:34:AM »
I was only aware of one small household dog. Found under Nevilles bed when the police gained entry.

Jeremy had a dog as a boy which he was fond of. However hated the current dog. When police on the murder night asked if he wanted to take the dog back to his cottage, he said he didn't want it running around messing up his stereo equipment.

None of the relatives wanted to keep the dog, either...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56:AM »
Nevill had a black lab called 'Bruce',which slept in the shed overnight.