Author Topic: Statement of Susan Battersby 10.09.85  (Read 4004 times)

Caroline R

Statement of Susan Battersby 10.09.85
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:PM »

Caroline R

Re: Statement of Susan Battersby 10.09.85
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:49:PM »

Caroline R

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:26:PM »

Caroline R

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:PM »
So, Julie didn't tell Susan Battersby that she had known about the plan to kill his parents long before they were killed??

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:39:PM »
So, Julie didn't tell Susan Battersby that she had known about the plan to kill his parents long before they were killed??

She obviously hadn't thought up the story yet ;D

Caroline R

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:40:PM »

She obviously hadn't thought up the story yet ;D

They should have synchronised there accounts better!!

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:PM »
They should have synchronised there accounts better!!

Do you ever watch "Mrs Brown's Boys?" I'm trying to recreate "her" laugh by post, but I'm not able so you'll just have to imagine you can hear it :D

Caroline R

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 08:51:PM »

Do you ever watch "Mrs Brown's Boys?" I'm trying to recreate "her" laugh by post, but I'm not able so you'll just have to imagine you can hear it :D

Ha, ha!! yeah sometimes - not sure that can be recreated but maybe just post MBB's and I'll know what you mean!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 09:49:PM »
So who was killed in the robbery in New Zealand??????? and Brett was responsible.  I do know he is banned from driving till 2015... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Caroline R

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:PM »
So who was killed in the robbery in New Zealand??????? and Brett was responsible.  I do know he is banned from driving till 2015... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

That Julie had a vivid imagination!! SB states that she tried to warn Julie about getting involved in selling cannabis. Pity she didn't take her own advice and NOT get involved in cheque book fraud!!

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 10:09:PM »

What I want to know is, why would Jeremy start a discussion designed to set Sheila off when within hours a hitman is going in to kill the family. We then have said hitman dispatching the twins with three other adults in the house, one being the already upset mother of the children, who then CALMLY accepts her fate with no protest. All that carnage for a measly £2000?

Offline Patti

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 10:39:PM »
That Julie had a vivid imagination!! SB states that she tried to warn Julie about getting involved in selling cannabis. Pity she didn't take her own advice and NOT get involved in cheque book fraud!!

Are we right in saying that Julie told SB that Jeremy's parents were dead at 5:45 am that morning? Or am I reading it wrong?

Oh yes she never mentions that does she....She does mention Julie selling it though for a fiver a sniff...Watches, murders, drugs, fraud and robberies yet she still carried on seeing him....I doubt anyone in a normal sense would see someone who is connected to such crimes....Mind you the girls committed some of them....I don't know what to believe Caroline, I know one thing though at all sounds a bit far fetched to me... ;D ;D ;D ;D

What I want to know is, why would Jeremy start a discussion designed to set Sheila off when within hours a hitman is going in to kill the family. We then have said hitman dispatching the twins with three other adults in the house, one being the already upset mother of the children, who then CALMLY accepts her fate with no protest. All that carnage for a measly £2000?

Good point April....why would he set Sheila off knowing he had hitman to do it all and as if anyone could be made to shoot themselves....Gawd! Yeah OK....ridiculous and no normal person will ever would ever believe such a thing...

Anyway, its bedtime for me....Night all.....XX

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 08:49:AM »
Are we right in saying that Julie told SB that Jeremy's parents were dead at 5:45 am that morning? Or am I reading it wrong?

Oh yes she never mentions that does she....She does mention Julie selling it though for a fiver a sniff...Watches, murders, drugs, fraud and robberies yet she still carried on seeing him....I doubt anyone in a normal sense would see someone who is connected to such crimes....Mind you the girls committed some of them....I don't know what to believe Caroline, I know one thing though at all sounds a bit far fetched to me... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Good point April....why would he set Sheila off knowing he had hitman to do it all and as if anyone could be made to shoot themselves....Gawd! Yeah OK....ridiculous and no normal person will ever would ever believe such a thing...

Anyway, its bedtime for me....Night all.....XX

Wakey wakey, Patti :) I occurs to me that Jeremy's cannabis "empire" expanded around the time that he started going out with Julie who had a readymade outlet for it. Knowing the lengths to which she would eventually stoop to make money, perhaps the whole scheme had been her idea all along. It is she who seems to have done rather better than Jeremy from it, flogging it on campus for a fiver a throw., whilst SB says she thinks he did it to make himself popular and make friends. Although she says that he pulled her into HIS lifestyle to make her feel part of it, I have the impression that it was the other way round. Julie had a much wider lifestyle than Jeremy and had access to more people.

I believe that SBs dislike of Jeremy was reciprocated, borne out by the way Jeremy teased her, ie the "drugs squad" and the cake incident. I think the agenda here is somewhat complicated and may be based on jealousy on SBs part. Her hitherto "best friend" appeared to be moving into a different world, one in which she was not part of but despite her protests about Jeremy's illegalities, she's more than happy to go along with Julie in the cheque fraud. It has just occured to me that MANY of these moneymaking scams MAY have come  directly from Julie. It can't be beyond the realms of possibility that part of her pillowtalk was about how wealthy Jeremy would be when he came into his inheritance and it's perfectly reasonable to think that she may have bragged to SB, who despite disliking him always seemed happy to accept his hospitality, that after his parents died he/THEY(!!!!!) would be mega rich.

Offline campion

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 09:47:AM »
Is it pertinent to enquire how long, and how many attempts it took, to make this convoluted 10page statement at Chelmsford police station?
Although signed by PC941 K.Foster, one can see the hand of DS Stan Jones two thirds of the way down Page 6,  "What I may say is" - in connection with the timing of Jeremy's call to Muggy in the early hours of 7th August.
Was Miss Battersby put in fear of the cheque book fraud criminality being proceeded with?

Caroline R

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:AM »
Is it pertinent to enquire how long, and how many attempts it took, to make this convoluted 10page statement at Chelmsford police station?
Although signed by PC941 K.Foster, one can see the hand of DS Stan Jones two thirds of the way down Page 6,  "What I may say is" - in connection with the timing of Jeremy's call to Muggy in the early hours of 7th August.
Was Miss Battersby put in fear of the cheque book fraud criminality being proceeded with?

I suspect that you may have something there!!  ;)