Author Topic: Daniel and Nicholas Caffell: 22 June 1979-7 August 1985  (Read 100070 times)

Offline Steve_uk

I had thought of saving this thread for next week, for 22nd June the birthday of Nicholas and Daniel Caffell, sons of Colin Caffell and Sheila Jean Caffell née Bamber, yet it’s a bit like looking forward to Christmas when it passes all too soon, when it’s the anticipation in which lies the excitement, the blowing out of candles on a chocolate birthday cake and the thought that someone cares for you to have gone to so much trouble to organize a party and for one to be made a fuss of and to feel special even if it's for just one day.

But Nicholas and Daniel Caffell didn’t get the opportunity to celebrate so many birthdays, just more than the fingers of one hand before their lives were snuffed out as if they were six candles atop that birthday cake whose wax ran down and was consumed. Six years of a life where people born today can expect to live to 90, not forgetting the accident of birth in the first place which scientists tell us is infinitesimal to be here at all. Of course one respects people who actually knew Jeremy Bamber and who tirelessly campaign for his release, however mistaken they may be, and who work for no recompense, but for all the videos I have seen on youtube with the haunting piano music trilling across what admittedly is or was at least a handsome bloke bewailing the loss of his liberty yet who to some here is but a murderous Pied Piper, when in this thread at least the onus is on those who cannot and will never speak back.

For all the arguments and domestic upheavals in Colin and Sheila’s lives there seemed to me always to be a common bond with the children, and within the confines of her illness Sheila always put them first. She would never entertain men whilst the twins were present, if her illness did cause neglect at times she was horrified at any mistakes she had made, and the children were never a weapon used against Colin on any occasion.

It is PC Woodcock’s statement which reminds us how the boys were discovered,one lying on his back with bullets between the eyes, the other still sucking his thumb whilst lying on his right hand side. This utter callousness is unequalled and unparallelled even in the shooting of June seven times,the final shot again right between the eyes,we have the concomitant shooting and vindictive bashing of Nevill with the rifle butt which is how Jeremy repaid this Darby and Joan couple for adopting him then sending him away and in his eyes depriving him of the love and affection he needed, yet when that was more forthcoming after the parents recognized any latent mistakes it was at that stage only their bank balances which interested him. June’s admission of mistakes as she turned to the security of her God rather than face the turmoil of her domestic life manifested itself in the nescienct yet heartfelt simplicity of the letter to be opened upon the occasion of her death,but which was screwed up by Jeremy as he sneered “I’m glad she’s dead”,in contrast to the unswerving loyalty Jeremy shows his parents in prison twenty eight years after he killed them. http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=179.0;attach=277;image

I note among researching this thread that member ceedeells writes of discussing the twins with Jeremy and that he was in fact very fond of them,any reticence being out of emotion for the deaths of ones so young. This fondness is also speculated on by egap1 in nugnug’s thread “the twins staying” which can be read here:
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2264.0.html
The truth is probably very different. If Mike’s assertion that the first ten bullets were fired seven to June,one each to the twins and one to Nevill is correct this would tally with Daniel receiving shot 1 independent of the others,shots 2-5 made in an arc pattern,then after Nicholas’s first shot Jeremy running into June’s room to incapacitate her as it was common knowledge that she was a light sleeper and Jeremy would take no chances for any form of defence. Jeremy concluded the slaughtering of his family by leading his sister to her death by the hand,a young gullible girl who put her trust in a handsome con man whose only intention by the end of those early hours was to be the sole beneficiary of an estate worth £2 million in today’s money.

I could go on but will stop with one more posting of the red jewellery box which Colin treasures of the few momentoes left of his beautiful children born of two beautiful parents. I’m ready for the vitriol and personal invective from the highest levels which was hinted at several months ago when wild allegations were made of this site being infiltrated by paedophiles. But I will have my say just as I sit through those lamentable videos screaming innocence when Jeremy had no Christmas dinner which rings hollow to those of my mindset, when Nicholas and Daniel are absent at the table where Colin,Sheila and a cake with 34 candles are waiting. http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1985.0.html

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:08:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Daniel_day

Re: Daniel and Nicholas Caffell: 22 June 1979-7 August 1985
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:45:AM »
I had thought of saving this thread for next week,for 22nd June the birthday of Nicholas and Daniel Caffell,sons of Colin Caffell and Sheila Jean Caffell nee Bamber,yet it’s a bit like looking forward to Christmas when it passes all too soon,when it’s the anticipation in which lies the excitement,the blowing out of candles on a chocolate birthday cake and the thought that someone cares for you to have gone to so much trouble to organize a party and for one to be made a fuss of and to feel special even if it's for just one day.

But Nicholas and Daniel Caffell didn’t get the opportunity to celebrate so many birthdays,just more than the fingers of one hand before their lives were snuffed out as if they were six candles atop that birthday cake which ran down and were consumed.Six years of a life where people born today can expect to live to 90,not forgetting the accident of birth in the first place which scientists tell us is infinitesimal to be here at all.Of course one respects people who actually knew Jeremy Bamber and who tirelessly campaign for his release,however mistaken they may be,and who work for no recompense, but for all the videos I have seen on youtube with the haunting piano music trilling across what admittedly is or was at least a handsome bloke bewailing the loss of his liberty yet whom to some here is but a murderous Pied Piper,when in this thread at least the onus is on those who cannot and will never speak back.

For all the arguments and domestic upheavals in Colin and Sheila’s lives there seemed to me always to be a common bond with the children,and within the confines of her illness Sheila always put them first. She would never entertain men whilst the twins were present,if her illness did cause neglect at times she was horrified at any mistakes she had made,and the children were never a weapon used against Colin on any occasion.

It is PC Woodcock’s statement which reminds us how the boys were discovered,one lying on his back with bullets between the eyes,the other still sucking his thumb whilst lying on his right hand side. This utter callousness is unequalled and unparallelled even in the shooting of June seven times,the final shot again right between the eyes,we have the concomitant shooting and vindictive bashing of Nevill with the rifle butt which is how Jeremy repaid this Darby and Joan couple for adopting him then sending him away and in his eyes depriving him of the love and affection he needed,yet when that was more forthcoming after the parents recognized any latent mistakes it was at that stage only their bank balances which interested him. June’s admission of mistakes as she turned to the security of her God rather than face the turmoil of her domestic life manifested itself in the nescienct yet heartfelt simplicity of the letter to be opened upon the occasion of her death,but which was screwed up by Jeremy as he sneered “I’m glad she’s dead”,in contrast to the unswerving loyalty Jeremy shows his parents in prison twenty eight years after he killed them. http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=179.0;attach=277;image

I note among researching this thread that member ceedeells writes of discussing the twins with Jeremy and that he was in fact very fond of them,any reticence being out of emotion for the deaths of ones so young. This fondness is also speculated on by egap1 in nugnug’s thread “the twins staying” which can be read here:
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2264.0.html
The truth is probably very different. If Mike’s assertion that the first ten bullets were fired seven to June,one each to the twins and one to Nevill is correct this would tally with Daniel receiving shot 1 independent of the others,shots 2-5 made in an arc pattern,then after Nicholas’s first shot Jeremy running into June’s room to incapacitate her as it was common knowledge that she was a light sleeper and Jeremy would take no chances for any form of defence. Jeremy concluded the slaughtering of his family by leading his sister to her death by the hand,a young gullible girl who put her trust in a handsome con man whose only intention by the end of those early hours was to be the sole beneficiary of an estate worth £2 million in today’s money.

I could go on but will stop with one more posting of the red jewellery box which Colin treasures of the few momentoes left of his beautiful children born of two beautiful parents. I’m ready for the vitriol and personal invective from the highest levels which was hinted at several months ago when wild allegations were made of this site being infiltrated by paedophiles. But I will have my say just as I sit through those lamentable videos screaming innocence when Jeremy had no Christmas dinner which rings hollow to those of my mindset,when Nicholas and Daniel are absent at the table where Colin,Sheila and a cake with 34 candles are waiting. http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1985.0.html
Well said Steve,
I believe your synopsis to be very accurate and heartfelt. The twins lives were snuffed out, I believe by their scheming, devious uncle. A crime that is akin to that of Richard III and the murder of his nephews in the Tower some 500 years before.
The twins would be grown men of 34, probably with families of their own and bring their own children to visit Nanny Sheila, a proud, still-pretty woman of 53. This is, what I believe Bamber took away from them on that terrible night almost 28 years ago. I also believe that he can never repay or atone for the enormity of the crimes he undoubtedly committed. Yes, Steve they will pour scorn, villify, castigate and try to belittle your points, however, many more people believe you to be right and was found so in a court of law and two subsequent appeals. These are the people who made sure this vile, inhuman animal spends the rest of his life behind bars where he can NEVER hurt another human being. Regardless of arguments, petty splitting hairs, ludicrous theories, hearsay and manipulation and diatribes, all of which amount to absolutely zero and will not change Bamber's circumstances a single iota, I agree with what you have said and applaud your common sense approach to this case. Well done.

Offline tyler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:07:AM »
Daniel...since you now appear to have the case sewn up,are not only convinced of Bamber's guilt but believe him to be a vile animal who is where he should be (in prison) and should never be released,can I ask then what is your purpose of being on this forum?

Offline susan

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:02:AM »
Morning tyler

I have asked myself this same question when Daniel told me he had now decided Jeremy was guilty and should stay in prison for life and that is exactly where he is.  What does Daniel hope to achieve by being on this forum convert all the pro Bambers (will not happen) or maybe because he is doing a university course perhaps it helps his debates getting a reaction from us or maybe he just likes to have his views heard.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:AM »
There's a whole raft of issues you could have discussed in what remains a serial murder case,but like many threads I read whilst researching this article you're again stooping to the personal. Any member of this site can hold their own opinions and is entitled to hold their own opinions. Of course if new evidence comes to light which is the whole purpose of this site anyone can alter his or her opinion as John Maynard Keynes famously wrote. The same question was asked of me and I've replied somewhere that we want to prevent other serial murderers from leaving people like Colin devastated however much he tries to put a brave face on what Jeremy did to him.

Now stop arguing the personal with members and fight back with some evidence which at least some members here attempt to do.http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/247583-when-the-facts-change-i-change-my-mind-what-do
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:25:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:31:AM »
Has Jeremy come to realize that these were real people he killed,people he saw only rarely between attending Gresham's public school and flying off to the Antipodes before settling down to what amounted to two years at most of working life?AND BY DAWN THEY WERE ALL DEAD - David James Smith
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:40:AM by Steve_uk »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 08:36:AM »
Morning tyler

I have asked myself this same question when Daniel told me he had now decided Jeremy was guilty and should stay in prison for life and that is exactly where he is.  What does Daniel hope to achieve by being on this forum convert all the pro Bambers (will not happen) or maybe because he is doing a university course perhaps it helps his debates getting a reaction from us or maybe he just likes to have his views heard.
I agree tyler and Susie, it used to be that university students were campaigners for human rights. 
There are many, many causes a serious minded Criminology Student could be involved with and  I also fail to understand the point of campaigning for something which has already happened and which we are repeatedly being told is 'dead in the water'.

I should have thought maybe the Simon Hall case would be of great interest to a student of criminology as the forensics of that case are interesting and it is at the moment awaiting a verdict from the CCRC. However I do respect your right to choose your subject of interest.

Jeremy Bamber is in prison for life, for ever, no parole ever to be granted in the eyes of the law as it stands......what's the point of even considering it?  Surely there are far more worthy causes for a young man to give his energies to?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:48:AM by maggie »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 08:38:AM »
I agree tyler and Susie, it used to be that university students were campaigners for human rights.  There are many, many causes a serious minded Criminology Student could be involved with and  I also fail to understand the point of campaigning for something which has already happened.

Jeremy Bamber is in prison for life, for ever, no parole ever to be granted in the eyes of the law as it stands......what's the point of even considering it?  Surely there are far more worthy causes for a young man to give his energies to?
Well maggie I'm surprised at you for attacking freedom of expression as many of your posts in the past have been well-reasoned. But it's true that many of us think that Jeremy Bamber is a complete waste of space..

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 08:42:AM »
Well maggie I'm surprised at you for attacking freedom of expression as many of your posts in the past have been well-reasoned. But it's true that many of us think that Jeremy Bamber is a complete waste of space..
Hi steve, I am aware of the fact some people do believe Jeremy Bamber is guilty as charged and accept the right for them to do so. 
I am only agreeing with others and wondering why so much effort is put into something which has already happened? 
That is a question I would be interested to have an answer to and which I have a right to ask. :)

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 08:43:AM »
This is where Nicholas and Daniel now reside oh so prematurely,yet Colin will feel a source of comfort every time he walks amongst them and when he pops his clogs will lie down beside them and finally spend an eternity with them.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19000769

Offline susan

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 08:44:AM »
Morning steve you sound as if you are on a crusade to prevent further happenings like the one at WHF sorry you are wasting your time but as the great Statesman Benjamin Disraeli said "I do not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death the right for you to say it.

Offline susan

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 08:48:AM »
steve Maggie is not attacking freedom of expression or speech but is quite bewildered as to why you and Daniel have the need to be on this forum when nobody hardly agrees with one single word you say granted it is your right but are you on a crusade.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 08:49:AM »
Hi steve, I am aware of the fact some people do believe Jeremy Bamber is guilty as charged and accept the right for them to do so. 
I am only agreeing with others and wondering why so much effort is put into something which has already happened? 
That is a question I would be interested to have an answer to and which I have a right to ask. :)
Because we like you and others have researched the case and come to a conclusion which differs from your own. We are entitled to our views and will be heard,unless you wish to close down free speech and have a website full of sycophants akin to North Korea's Kim Jong Un.http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/north-korea-s-prison-population-swells-as-leader-cracks-down-on-defectors-1.1322174

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 08:50:AM »
Because we like you and others have researched the case and come to a conclusion which differs from your own. We are entitled to our views and will be heard,unless you wish to close down free speech and have a website full of sycophants akin to North Korea's Kim Jong Un.http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/north-korea-s-prison-population-swells-as-leader-cracks-down-on-defectors-1.1322174
Oh steve  ;) ;)